Covid-19 discussion, continued...

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Aug 26, 2021 8:56 AM

How generous of the Australian overlords.

BR1986FB

Thu, Aug 26, 2021 9:12 AM
posted by Ironman92

My school going masks tomorrow and also every bordering district.

We firmly believe that our grandkid, who was in kindergarten last year, acted up due to wearing the masks. He had some epic meltdowns. At the beginning of this year there was no mask requirement and he's been fine. Recently they are requiring going back to masks. Yes, it could be due to him being a year older, and a bit more mature, but we're holding our breath.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Aug 26, 2021 10:08 AM

lol. If you watched Parks and Rec this is funny.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Aug 26, 2021 10:32 AM
posted by justincredible

How generous of the Australian overlords.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Aug 26, 2021 11:27 AM

Oh, they're building camps, as well. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Aug 26, 2021 11:36 AM

The dehumanization is going well.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Aug 26, 2021 1:10 PM

I thought we had reached a peak of polarization over the last 18 months.  Didn't think or wonder how it could get much worse.  Then that happens...

QuakerOats

Thu, Aug 26, 2021 1:44 PM

tweet jordan australia model covid response gates fauci cdc

jmog

Sat, Aug 28, 2021 8:11 AM

Wasn’t sure if this fit better under COVID or progressives but here it is. 

Mother gets stripped of her parental rights because she isn’t vaccinated. Father didn’t even ask for it, they were there for a support adjustment, judge did it all on his own.

Link

sportchampps

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 12:46 AM

A good friend and his girlfriend got Covid this week. She has had it before but was unvaccinated and just felt like crap for a day. He was unvaccinated and felt like death for about 36 hours to the point he almost went to the hospital. Luckily he woke up today much better besides losing his taste and smell. 

Then my moms neighbors who have lived by her for over 50 years both got Covid as well. They are 84 and 86. They are vaccinated but he’s in such bad shape at this age it took them two hours to get him ready and in the car to go to the hospital to be tested. Not sure how they are doing but will update when I head more. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 12:05 PM

I’m not bothered that people don’t want to get vaccinated or still are worried about potential effects….but the Republican/Democrat part of all this should end for sure.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 12:34 PM
posted by Ironman92

I’m not bothered that people don’t want to get vaccinated or still are worried about potential effects….but the Republican/Democrat part of all this should end for sure.

“But see, I don’t know what’s in their vaccine  plus I don’t like people telling me what to do. “

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 12:47 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

“But see, I don’t know what’s in their vaccine  plus I don’t like people telling me what to do. “

Those people ar looking sillier and sillier, but they don’t bother me.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 2:28 PM

In this tweet Obama's Secretary of Education equates a large number of American's with the Taliban. 

Gardens35

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 3:24 PM

Weekly update from the Sunshine State.......1,727 deaths, averaging 246 per day.

Ohio has reported 313 deaths since August 1st.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 4:36 PM

Geesh

gut

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 6:02 PM

It's hard to approve of how Desantis is handling this, but those people are dying sort of by choice.  Harder to defend restrictions, any really, when 99% of the people dying are un-vaccinated.

I realize there's a chance this could mutate into something more deadly.  And just saw where Delta is maybe 4X more contagious and 2.25X as deadly as the original variant.  But the vaccines prevent serious illness.

Just don't understand why we are trying to save people who won't help themselves.  Seems virtually guaranteed if you aren't vaccinated that you'll eventually get this, which means all these restrictions only delay the inevitable, at great economic cost.

gut

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 6:09 PM

Also looking forward to all the whining when less than 50% of adults don't get the booster.  I think the Isreali's studied several million who got the booster and no increase in side effects.

And those people might not be wrong.  I'm not sure we should be pushing boosters until we have evidence of serious illness.  I don't think a booster to prevent the sniffles on a breakthru infection is necessary.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 6:55 PM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 6:58 PM
posted by gut

It's hard to approve of how Desantis is handling this, but those people are dying sort of by choice.  Harder to defend restrictions, any really, when 99% of the people dying are un-vaccinated.

How is he handling it any differently than other anti-lockdown governors? 

gut

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 7:02 PM

I don't think my vax card has room for a third date...

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 7:09 PM

I just don’t understand any of this. Vaccinations are available. If you don’t take one, that’s your choice. But restricting us all for the safety of those who refuse them is essentially all we’re doing. Ass backwards. 

friendfromlowry

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 9:20 PM
posted by justincredible

How is he handling it any differently than other anti-lockdown governors? 

He - along with Abbott/Texas and Ducey/Arizona have tried to ban schools from imposing mask mandates. And I don't know or care if masks really make that much of a difference. They probably don't. But when your state is doing so poorly with handling it, Desantis should fuck off and worry about other things besides banning schools from forcing masks. 

friendfromlowry

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 9:21 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I just don’t understand any of this. Vaccinations are available. If you don’t take one, that’s your choice. But restricting us all for the safety of those who refuse them is essentially all we’re doing. Ass backwards. 

What are you restricted from doing?