Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 1:02 PM
posted by like_that

When do you all predict that we will stop tracking cases? 

Wednesday. Gotta be Wednesday.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 1:43 PM
posted by geeblock

I can understand if you don’t take the vaccine for instance because u say it has a 99 percent survival rate, but why would you take all this and not take the vaccine 

Back to this, apparently Rogan has claimed on air previously that he's vaccinated. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 2:34 PM

So couple that with him apparently only feeling lousy for a few days, then why take Ivermectin? 

majorspark

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 2:42 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

So couple that with him apparently only feeling lousy for a few days, then why take Ivermectin? 

Maybe he has the worms.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 2:44 PM

Maybe he's just trolling.

gut

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 6:20 PM

Another article over on the Gawker sites about a new study "proving masks work".  And the typical "pro science" commenters showing what useful idiots they are.

That study confirms what we already knew - cloth and surgical masks have very limited effectiveness.  Against Delta for prolonged periods of relatively close indoor exposure (like kids in school)?  Likely useless.

I understand they don't want people to realize N95 is the only mask that offers any real protection (again, far from perfect and even farther from limitless), but the madness has to stop.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 8:12 PM
posted by geeblock

We’re u guys wearing masks?

Superintendent strongly recommended but not one did. About 4 days in many were brought the attention of the flow chart from the health dept which said if wearing a mask….you won’t be quarantined unless symptoms, so our athletes all started wearing masks. By the end of week 2 masks were mandated. 

gut

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 8:20 PM
posted by Ironman92

so our athletes all started wearing masks. By the end of week 2 masks were mandated.

Well, that makes perfect sense because of all those stories last year about athletes transmitting covid to the other team at games.

I'm being sarcastic, of course.  There may have been a few anecdotal cases, but I don't recall seeing any.  Again, Delta is apparently quite a bit more contagious, but that should more than be offset if all the kids are vaccinated.

Fletch

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 8:46 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Mercer and Shelby are letting me down.

Shelby county is good at being  bad at everyt

superman

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 8:49 PM
posted by gut

Well, that makes perfect sense because of all those stories last year about athletes transmitting covid to the other team at games.

I'm being sarcastic, of course.  There may have been a few anecdotal cases, but I don't recall seeing any.  Again, Delta is apparently quite a bit more contagious, but that should more than be offset if all the kids are vaccinated.

The athletes are wearing masks so they don't get quarantined everytime someone else gets sick. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 8:49 PM
posted by gut

They are just playing the game…so they can play the game

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 8:51 PM
posted by gut

It’s just so they won’t get quarantined and miss their season or part of. Different school but my kid was quarantined 4 GD times last year and he always had his mask on….this year he’ll have to have symptoms but he was maybe the first 17 year old in the county to get vaccinated back in March/April this year

gut

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 8:56 PM
posted by Ironman92

It’s just so they won’t get quarantined and miss their season or part of.

I understand.  Just pointing out how completely unnecessary the rule is, especially if the kids are vaccinated.

Then again, it's probably CYA.  Because you know the "muh freedom" parent who's unvaxxed kid gets messed up with Covid would sue everyone.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 9:49 PM
posted by gut

Remember all the talk about how Kevin Warren - when he initially cancelled the season - was saving lives?  Of course we now know of all the tens of thousands of players who were killed from COVID in-game transmissions.  

Anyone remember the Florida teacher who wrote her own obituary once it was determined that her school would be opened and she’d be “forced” to work?

kizer permanente

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 9:54 PM

The after school program director at our kids school is in the hospital. Nice lady, but she’s an anti vaxer anti masker. Which is crazy to me bc she’s like 5’1 300 lbs and diabetic and asthmatic. You’d think you’d recognize you’re high risk and suck it up and get the shot ? I dunno. 

gut

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 10:03 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Which is crazy to me bc she’s like 5’1 300 lbs and diabetic and asthmatic.

And if her doctor told her "you need a kidney transplant" she'd probably be like "OK".  But when her doctor tells her she should get the vaccine she's like "I want a 2nd opinion from Facebook"

kizer permanente

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 10:09 PM
posted by gut
And if her doctor told her "you need a kidney transplant" she'd probably be like "OK".  But when her doctor tells her she should get the vaccine she's like "I want a 2nd opinion from Facebook"

She told me she wasn’t worried cuz she “knows she had it last December  before they knew what Covid was” . I’ve heard that from so many people who refuse to get the shot.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 10:31 PM

She told me she wasn’t worried cuz she “knows she had it last December  before they knew what Covid was” . I’ve heard that from so many people who refuse to get the shot.  

It is like we’re listening to the guy who was the worst student from our high school chemistry class now, years later, explain how he sees the problems with this hastily made vaccine  

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 10:31 PM

It is like we’re listening to the guy who was the worst student from our high school chemistry class now, years later, explain how he sees the problems with this hastily made vaccine  

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 11:02 PM

That lady should definitely have gotten the vax. 

QuakerOats

Fri, Sep 3, 2021 11:29 AM

sign professionals giving health advice proft when youre sick office

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Sep 3, 2021 12:09 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

On this site, that's what we call "every post CC/Spock/Fletch makes on the subject".

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Sep 3, 2021 2:10 PM

Italy’s PM and piece of shit health minister (Fauci has nothing on this guy) stated with the official approval of vaccines, they will move onto making them mandatory for everybody. 

kizer permanente

Fri, Sep 3, 2021 5:01 PM
posted by like_that

Italy’s PM and piece of shit health minister (Fauci has nothing on this guy) stated with the official approval of vaccines, they will move onto making them mandatory for everybody. 

Since I’m obviously not familiar with Italy, how do they actually enforce this/carry it out?