Covid-19 discussion, continued...

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Sep 4, 2021 9:17 PM

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Sep 5, 2021 9:57 AM
posted by iclfan2

The issue is that Kizer only has a Facebook account.  If we got him a Twitter account, he would no doubt report this shit and clean up Twitter!

kizer permanente

Sun, Sep 5, 2021 10:48 AM
posted by like_that

The issue is that Kizer only has a Facebook account.  If we got him a Twitter account, he would no doubt report this shit and clean up Twitter!

I do have Twitter but I use it to follow Ted Lasso mostly  

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Sep 5, 2021 1:40 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I do have Twitter but I use it to follow Ted Lasso mostly  

Did you seriously report someone from Facebook?  What happened there?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Sep 5, 2021 4:04 PM

Promising protest in Montreal.

kizer permanente

Sun, Sep 5, 2021 4:44 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Did you seriously report someone from Facebook?  What happened there?

Yeah the typical protocol is click on the picture/meme whatever and click “false news”. Then either unfollow if it’s someone I actually talk to in real life, like a cousin or in-law, or just unfriend if it’s some general acquaintance or someone I haven’t talked to since high school. Your news feed gets better in no time. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Sep 5, 2021 6:19 PM

Yeah the typical protocol is click on the picture/meme whatever and click “false news”. Then either unfollow if it’s someone I actually talk to in real life, like a cousin or in-law, or just unfriend if it’s some general acquaintance or someone I haven’t talked to since high school. Your news feed gets better in no time. 

Why wouldn’t you just unfollow them?  Much of the stuff on social media is false, but you don’t want to give these publishers (FB, Twitter,etc) any assistance with their censorship.  Just my opinion.  

kizer permanente

Sun, Sep 5, 2021 8:00 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Why wouldn’t you just unfollow them?  Much of the stuff on social media is false, but you don’t want to give these publishers (FB, Twitter,etc) any assistance with their censorship.  Just my opinion.  

At one point I thought if people saw shit wasn’t true they’d double check stuff before sharing it, but I learned they just blame it on big media trying to suppress them anyways so it doesn’t matter  

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Sep 5, 2021 8:51 PM

At one point I thought if people saw shit wasn’t true they’d double check stuff before sharing it, but I learned they just blame it on big media trying to suppress them anyways so it doesn’t matter  

🧐

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Sep 7, 2021 10:48 AM

Predictions?

friendfromlowry

Tue, Sep 7, 2021 11:00 AM

I think he’s too late. Unless he can take us back in time 10 months and promote the vaccine better.

Fletch

Tue, Sep 7, 2021 11:00 AM

i doubt he is going to bring up natural immunity.

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Tue, Sep 7, 2021 11:09 AM
posted by justincredible

Predictions?

If I really had to make a prediction, I'd say shake his fist at the sky. Won't help, but won't hurt either. 

jmog

Tue, Sep 7, 2021 11:54 AM
posted by justincredible

Predictions?

Masks, social distancing, and shut downs...and possibly vaccine mandates.

If it ain't broke don't fix it right?

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Sep 7, 2021 11:55 AM
posted by justincredible

Predictions?

My old company had a theme for safety called “The Road to Zero”.  It meant the ultimate goal was zero safety incidents  the unspoken understanding was that in the heavy mining industry we were in, that perfection may never be achieved, but we always worked toward it.  

I think Biden has the same attitude toward COVID.  Until there are literally no more cases in existence, we will always keep it front of mind and always be willing to endure continual restrictions.  

The Road to Zero is a fine goal for a company’s safety practices.  It is pathetic as a society’s goal for narcissistically thinking it will remove every risk humans face.

jmog

Tue, Sep 7, 2021 12:02 PM
posted by Fletch

i doubt he is going to bring up natural immunity.

Roughly 51% of US has been vacinnated.

Roughtly 50% of the US had COVID by now (most studies estimate at given reported cases+non tested cases).

So minimum 75% of the US population has some antibodies (vaccine or natural).

Given that it is probably higher than 75% and you only need 90-95% for "herd immunity" it is literally something we should be talking about. 

We won't however because it is not part of the political agenda.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Sep 7, 2021 12:17 PM
posted by justincredible

Predictions?

Pain. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Sep 7, 2021 12:20 PM

I predict two scoops of chocolate chocolate chip.

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Tue, Sep 7, 2021 12:57 PM

Everybody get a pony

BRF

Tue, Sep 7, 2021 2:06 PM

60 acres and a mule

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Sep 7, 2021 2:12 PM
posted by BRF

60 acres and a mule