Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Mar 7, 2023 3:11 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/biggest-scandal-american-history

We now know this censorship and speech silencing was part of a systematic effort of senior scientists to mislead the American people. When COVID-19 first became a threat in early 2020, Dr. Anthony Fauci already knew the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) had funded research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology via EcoHealth Alliance. He knew the WIV was a subgrantee of EcoHealth Alliance – and that EcoHealth Alliance was not in compliance with its grant reporting. Specifically, the organization was out of compliance for a project that NIAID knew could potentially make novel bat-borne coronaviruses much more dangerous.

Fauci knew all this.

So, the same experts who are paid by the American people and given tens of billions of dollars to invest in research decided that they would deliberately mislead the American people.

This perfectly captures the arrogance of the aristo-bureaucrats, who believe they are intellectually and morally superior to the people to whom they are supposed to be accountable. They believe they have the right and duty to censor what we think and say – and to feed us falsehoods in the name of some higher duty.

I agree with everything about this article except the title.  You can’t have multiple “biggest” scandals in American history.  You yourself have called about 5 things in the past year the “biggest”.

I believe most people (not extremes) probably assume this thing came out of the Wuhan lab.  I think it was unintentionally released because I don’t see the strategy of releasing on your own people who also had the most restrictive Covid measures, as being sensible, but maybe I’m wrong.

gut

Tue, Mar 7, 2023 7:17 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I believe most people (not extremes) probably assume this thing came out of the Wuhan lab.

I think it's like 50/50 lab or market...but not at all remotely confident it came from a wet market.