Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Aug 19, 2022 1:36 PM
posted by Heretic

Look, if you take away Quaker's "gotcha" moments, all that will be left is the constant, impotent whining of a sad, sad man.

I think he gave up on the US today (for the 1,024th time).  He believes every current moment is hinge history - that all the time up until now pales in  comparison to the consequences of this moment in time.  It's a bit conceded when you think every other generation going back to the neanderthals had some that also believed they lived at a unique crossroads in time.

Automatik

Fri, Aug 19, 2022 1:42 PM

Playing in the 4th quarter of life and everyday is doomsday. Sad!

QuakerOats

Fri, Aug 19, 2022 5:06 PM

PS - any military person who was fired for not getting the vax, or was coerced into getting the vax, should be reinstated, with full back pay, and receive an apology from the Commander-in-Chief [LOL}], who was vaxxed and quad boosted and still got covid twice.  It is time for accountability.

QuakerOats

Fri, Aug 19, 2022 5:09 PM
posted by Heretic

Look, if you take away Quaker's "gotcha" moments, all that will be left is the constant, impotent whining of a sad, sad man.

I couldn't be happier, but I appreciate the concern.   Some people just appreciate a little accountability amid the sea of apathy. 

Have a great weekend. 

Fletch

Sat, Aug 20, 2022 11:35 AM

Glad I didn’t back down from what I thought was right and didn’t cower and follow like a stupid sheep.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Aug 20, 2022 12:05 PM
posted by Fletch

Glad I didn’t back down from what I thought was right and didn’t cower and follow like a stupid sheep.

We’re all glad too.  

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Aug 20, 2022 12:06 PM
posted by Fletch

That's true. You were only minus a sense of smell or taste for what? A couple months? Since I didn't have that issue, well, my opinion on who's the stupid one might be a bit different... Especially since you were just as much of a sheep as anyone, just bleeting what people on the other side were saying.

Automatik

Sat, Aug 20, 2022 12:43 PM

I personally didn’t cower either. I also didn’t berate the front desk woman at the doctor’s office for asking me to wear a mask. 

Also didn’t piss and moan incessantly for the last 2+ years.

Go me!

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Aug 20, 2022 12:56 PM
posted by Automatik

I personally didn’t cower either. I also didn’t berate the front desk woman at the doctor’s office for asking me to wear a mask.

Forgot about that…

He wasn’t going to let that old goat get over on him.  Badass.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, Aug 22, 2022 2:32 PM
posted by iclfan2

Some schools are still requiring masking, which is wild. Is is that hard to admit you were wrong for 2 years? Still laugh seeing people wearing masks at the grocery store. Losers. 

2 years!?  Seriously?  I have an ex-wife that is going 42+ years strong!

QuakerOats

Fri, Sep 2, 2022 3:42 PM
posted by iclfan2

And hurt minorities the hardest. Yet they still won’t admit they were wrong. 

Never. 

Cuomo, Fauci and  a few others should probably be brought up on manslaughter charges.  

gut

Fri, Sep 2, 2022 3:43 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Cuomo, Fauci and  a few others should probably be brought up on manslaughter charges.  

But not the Trumpster - he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave and you'd still love him!

QuakerOats

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 9:50 AM

pfizer no testing stopping transmission

ts1227

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 11:14 AM
posted by gut
But not the Trumpster - he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave and you'd still love him!

Plus Trump recommends the shot, and says they should market the speed at which it was developed under his administration. But since most of his cult are functionally retarded they can’t comprehend it because then how can they own a lib about it?

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 12:33 PM
posted by ts1227

Plus Trump recommends the shot, and says they should market the speed at which it was developed under his administration. But since most of his cult are functionally retarded they can’t comprehend it because then how can they own a lib about it?

Google Alex Jones’s rant against Gene Simmons (of KISS fame) to hear the perfect encapsulation of the anti-vax conspiracy theorists.  

Automatik

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 12:37 PM

Anyone get the Bivalent booster?

After 3 shots, and still never getting Covid, I'm unsure. 

gut

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 1:21 PM
posted by Automatik

Anyone get the Bivalent booster?

After 3 shots, and still never getting Covid, I'm unsure. 

I did.  No issues.  It had been almost a year since my last shot, and I travel a lot so I figured why not?

Even though I don't think I've had Covid, I figure the shot is worth it if it keeps the symptoms mild.  Same reason I get the flu shot.  I'm not worried about getting it, but I'd be kicking myself if I ended up absolutely miserable and bed ridden for a few days.

Automatik

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 1:41 PM

Main reason I'm considering is due to travel. I'll be gone a lot after the new year.

What I'm not looking forward to is being totally down for 12-18 hours. That's been my only symptom from the first 3.

gut

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 1:52 PM
posted by Automatik

Main reason I'm considering is due to travel. I'll be gone a lot after the near year.

What I'm not looking forward to is being totally down for 12-18 hours. That's been my only symptom from the first 3.

Apparently, people are having similar experiences to the prior shots.

I only had one night of low-grade fever, chills and a mild headache the next day after the second shot.  The rest just a bump and tender shoulder for a few days.

Also, this is probably the last booster that will be free.  You MIGHT try to get a different shot from what's been giving you a reaction.  My first two were Pfizer, these last two have been Moderna.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 2:45 PM

I just got COVID  for the first time (knowingly) and after 5 days feeling better.  It was mainly just a shitty cold for me. The last few days my taste/smell slowly came back.  I was more concerned about taste/smell.

I don't think I will be getting a booster now. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 2:58 PM

Had it in July….still don’t feel the need for a booster. I’ve only had the original (2 rounds) and then the booster

kizer permanente

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 3:10 PM

My wife and I got the booster. We’re also the only ones at our table at a wedding last Saturday that didn’t get Covid. So it worked for us. 

Automatik

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 3:23 PM
posted by gut

Apparently, people are having similar experiences to the prior shots.

I only had one night of low-grade fever, chills and a mild headache the next day after the second shot.  The rest just a bump and tender shoulder for a few days.

Also, this is probably the last booster that will be free.  You MIGHT try to get a different shot from what's been giving you a reaction.  My first two were Pfizer, these last two have been Moderna.

I did that for the booster. Two Pfizer then Moderna. Same result. No fever or anything, just absolutely dead. 

I can't find my goddamn original vax card, I think it's at my parents. Fuck it, I'll wait until during the holidays.