Covid-19 discussion, continued...

QuakerOats

Thu, Nov 3, 2022 10:40 AM

Most of the hospitals that stated they were at capacity were not out of beds; they were short on labor.  They were at their 'labor capacity' (some of self-induced, much of it government-induced).  And the national labor crisis has yet to abate, as we continue to handsomely pay people not to work. 

kizer permanente

Thu, Nov 3, 2022 1:19 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Most of the hospitals that stated they were at capacity were not out of beds; they were short on labor.  They were at their 'labor capacity' (some of self-induced, much of it government-induced).  And the national labor crisis has yet to abate, as we continue to handsomely pay people not to work. 

Who's being paid not to work still? None of that stuff was renewed. Hasn't been in awhile. 

QuakerOats

Thu, Nov 3, 2022 1:59 PM

kizer permanente

Thu, Nov 3, 2022 8:15 PM

The FFCRA emergency paid sick leave expired the end of 2020. 

QuakerOats

Fri, Nov 4, 2022 10:32 AM
posted by kizer permanente

The FFCRA emergency paid sick leave expired the end of 2020. 

Matters little, that factor was a drop in the bucket. 

Added to the massive federal handouts, many still in effect, is the incredible amount of fraud, now estimated at over $46 billion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/09/22/unemployment-fraud-coroanvirus-pandemic/

That should NEVER have occurred.  

If you can easily rip off tens of billions of dollars, it is easy to see how thousands of votes can be manufactured.

jmog1

Tue, Nov 8, 2022 12:28 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Who's being paid not to work still? None of that stuff was renewed. Hasn't been in awhile. 

Given that the labor participation rate is still about 1.5% below what it was before the pandemic, that stat alone says there are about 20-30,000,000 people who have still chosen not to go looking for work that were working or at least looking for work before the pandemic.

They are getting by somehow, I don't know or understand how, but they are. 

Zunardo

Tue, Nov 8, 2022 2:01 PM
posted by jmog1

Given that the labor participation rate is still about 1.5% below what it was before the pandemic, that stat alone says there are about 20-30,000,000 people who have still chosen not to go looking for work that were working or at least looking for work before the pandemic.

They are getting by somehow, I don't know or understand how, but they are. 

Can't find the link I saw a day or two ago, but it said most of them are either retirement age (pension, savings) or under 30 (mom and dad).  Maybe the younger ones are hoping to get their inheritance early.

gut

Tue, Nov 8, 2022 4:31 PM
posted by jmog1

that stat alone says there are about 20-30,000,000 people who have still chosen not to go looking for work

You're off by a factor of about 10.

jmog

Tue, Nov 8, 2022 6:25 PM
posted by gut
You're off by a factor of about 10.

Yup, sure was meant 2-3 million and typed 20-30. 

That’s my bad. 

jmog

Tue, Nov 8, 2022 6:28 PM
posted by Zunardo

Can't find the link I saw a day or two ago, but it said most of them are either retirement age (pension, savings) or under 30 (mom and dad).  Maybe the younger ones are hoping to get their inheritance early.

Retirees are not included in the Labor Force Participation Rate.

The 1.5% drop, or 2-3million people, only includes working age adults.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Dec 16, 2022 9:51 PM

Remember when this didn’t happen?

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sat, Dec 17, 2022 3:38 AM

Nice to see the Covidian Church is still going strong.

Thank God I'm a Protestant!

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 20, 2022 3:29 PM

Just tested positive for my second bout of this crap.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 20, 2022 3:33 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Get better quick

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 20, 2022 3:54 PM
posted by Ironman92

Get better quick

Nothing earth shattering other than it feels like someone's trying to extract my eyeballs through my skull with suction cups and cheese grater shredded throat.

Zunardo

Tue, Dec 20, 2022 7:28 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Man, I can’t imagine getting it twice.  I just joined the club yesterday.   Shredded throat is perfect description.  Thank goodness am still able to use my CPAP .  

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 20, 2022 8:52 PM
posted by Zunardo

Man, I can’t imagine getting it twice.  I just joined the club yesterday.   Shredded throat is perfect description.  Thank goodness am still able to use my CPAP .  

I'm in the same boat but my CPAP mask is a nasal pillow with coverage over the mouth so you can breathe either/or. Not working so well breathing through the nose.

Got this from my lady as she got sick Friday and tested positive after me today. Hit me Sunday night in my sleep. Fortunately can still taste everything.

Fletch

Wed, Dec 21, 2022 12:33 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Nothing earth shattering other than it feels like someone's trying to extract my eyeballs through my skull with suction cups and cheese grater shredded throat.

Sooth it with whiskey!!!

BR1986FB

Wed, Dec 21, 2022 12:55 PM
posted by Fletch

Sooth it with whiskey!!!

LOL...I don't drink. I will say this 2nd round has been worse than the first. I did sleep better last night but my lady, who was feeling better, is feeling pretty crappy today.

queencitybuckeye

Wed, Dec 21, 2022 1:42 PM

Sooth?

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Dec 21, 2022 2:09 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Sooth?

Best he can do.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Dec 21, 2022 2:32 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Best he can do.

Honestly, he did better than I would have expected.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Dec 21, 2022 3:02 PM
posted by Heretic

Honestly, he did better than I would have expected.

Would of done better if he could of.

QuakerOats

Wed, Jan 11, 2023 11:28 AM

biden extends covid health emergency yet again ...... the gravy train will never run out.