Covid-19 discussion, continued...

gut

Mon, Aug 23, 2021 10:51 PM
posted by justincredible

Yep, climate lockdowns are 100% coming if we allow this shit to drag on. 

Not sure how, and it definitely wouldn't accomplish much (I think the past year barely saw a dip in CO2 emissions).  I'm sure you're not wrong - I think I've even seen it floated as an idea a few times.

But it does feel kind of like this is somewhat of a "grand experiment" with guaranteed incomes, and especially working from home.   The latter solves a lot of growing infrastructure problems in cities.

There's probably also an element of economic nationalism involved.  It certainly squashes the export of a lot of high-value professional services by limiting/banning travel.  But disruptions to global supply chains might also bring a lot of blue collar jobs back home, too.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 24, 2021 9:52 AM

Nice red armbands, guys.

QuakerOats

Tue, Aug 24, 2021 11:34 AM
posted by justincredible

Even with zero cases. Even with 80%+ vaccinated. There will still be the need for restrictions. 

Australia is doomed unless they stop this now.

I read an article last night about Australia; I hadn't realized how far off the deep end they've gone.  Almost unbelievable given their old free spirit ways from, I guess, yesteryear now.  Add to that their bizarre clamp-down on public protests.  Just shocking.

majorspark

Tue, Aug 24, 2021 11:41 AM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 24, 2021 1:13 PM

"Trust me, I'm a doctor. See, it says so right here on my shirt."

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Aug 24, 2021 1:23 PM

Lol

Automatik

Tue, Aug 24, 2021 1:23 PM
posted by justincredible

Yep, climate lockdowns are 100% coming if we allow this shit to drag on. 

At one point will you say fuck it all and head to the wilderness? 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 24, 2021 1:34 PM
posted by Automatik

At one point will you say fuck it all and head to the wilderness? 

This all depends on how things play out. I think I mentioned in the Missing Posters thread recently that I'm more than likely moving back to the country in central Ohio soon anyway. This is likely as close to the wilderness as I will get as long as my wife and I are still together.

Al Bundy

Tue, Aug 24, 2021 6:25 PM

The Ohio State University is mandating vaccines effective October 15.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Aug 24, 2021 7:28 PM
posted by Al Bundy

The Ohio State University is mandating vaccines effective October 15.

My buddy owns a large construction company and they are doing big renovations at the different OSU medical buildings and he’s not sure he’ll have anywhere enough workers to keep it going.

Fletch

Tue, Aug 24, 2021 8:47 PM

Within the 6 months it’s all going this way,  everyone will be forced to get it

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Aug 24, 2021 9:02 PM

I teach in Highland County…..big farm land and good people, but they voted 82% Trump and they aren’t having the vaccinations. Things are starting to go bad though with the Delta variant and it’s definitely hitting too close to home with healthy people in the 40’s……the next few months will be interesting.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 12:14 AM

gut

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 12:49 AM

What did you expect from the people that ordained themselves "the party of science"?

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 7:07 AM
posted by leeling

https://www.thepopularsmart.com

each time i heard how tons disappointment the king will be, it changed into like a river of spring

Not the worst post on this thread

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 9:34 AM

lunacy is peaking, might as well have the severity match it. i want it to get worse. hopefully the next variant has a 25% mortality rate. we need a reset, plus it'll make people band together instead of motherfucking each other because their kids have asthma and, in their eyes, since i don't wear a mask i'm attempting to murder their child. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 9:41 AM
posted by j_crazy

lunacy is peaking, might as well have the severity match it. i want it to get worse. hopefully the next variant has a 25% mortality rate. we need a reset, plus it'll make people band together instead of motherfucking each other because their kids have asthma and, in their eyes, since i don't wear a mask i'm attempting to murder their child. 

QuakerOats

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 10:18 AM
posted by justincredible

Psychotic

QuakerOats

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 10:19 AM

Delta raising employee insurance premiums by $200 / month if not vaccinated.

Gardens35

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 10:43 AM
posted by justincredible

Los Angeles County recently mandated something similar. Theirs applies to events/gatherings of more than 10,000 people. It mostly effects Dodger Stadium, The Hollywood Bowl, and some events at The Rose Bowl.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 11:03 AM

I look forward to finding out what needs to happen to get back to normal for Christmas 2022.

Fletch

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 11:05 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Delta raising employee insurance premiums by $200 / month if not vaccinated.

Didnt Obamacare deal with medical discrimination?

Verbal Kint

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 4:38 PM
posted by justincredible

I look forward to finding out what needs to happen to get back to normal for Christmas 2022.

Delusional psychopath tyrant 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Aug 25, 2021 6:00 PM

My school going masks tomorrow and also every bordering district.