Covid-19 discussion, continued...

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 9:59 PM
posted by kizer permanente

So I still wear masks in group settings at work. 

Of course you do. And no, none of your friends were used in experiments. And I know what you’re talking about, it’s just another absurd talking point that even Gblock hasn’t used.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:04 PM

I dunno. Do you think it’s bc they were used as experiments for science ? Or is that also something you don’t believe happened lol 

"They" were? - your black friends?  I'd be fascinated to hear about that. Maybe you're talking about the Tuskegee syphilis study - horrible story that affected 600 people. Hardly a "they experiment on us" excuse anymore than an Irishman today  could claim the same about the English. 

kizer permanente

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:05 PM
posted by iclfan2

Of course you do. And no, none of your friends were used in experiments. 

My daughter has had 7 stays in the hospital in her short life ranging from just 3 nights to 2 weeks usually from rsv wreaking havoc with her asthma. So her pediatrician recommends both my wife and I continue to wear masks. But I’m sure you know more than her lol. So fuck off. Kindly of course  

gut

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:08 PM

Of course if you listen to antimaskers and antivaxxers it’s the vaccinated getting sick and spreading it.  So who knows? Mask? Moderna ? 

I think the spread is split pretty evenly between the vaccinated and un-vaxxed.  Just a function of the numbers.

Of course, between vaccinated and already had Covid, that means the unvaccinated are about 8X as likely to catch it.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:13 PM

My daughter has had 7 stays in the hospital in her short life ranging from just 3 nights to 2 weeks usually from rsv wreaking havoc with her asthma. So her pediatrician recommends both my wife and I continue to wear masks. But I’m sure you know more than her lol. So fuck off. Kindly of course  

Haha, ironically we aren’t that different. My daughter at 3 months (December 2019) was in the hospital for a week with RSV and I suspect Covid, bc they didn’t know wtf to do. Spinal tap, all sorts of shit. She also just had RSV, tested 2 weeks ago, and gave the rest of us Covid, all vaccinated (one moderna, one Pfizer, other than 3 year old). So maybe relax and stop giving in to social media fallacies about why certain groups aren’t vaccinated. You can’t blame MAGA and then racism at the same time. 

gut

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:16 PM

So her pediatrician recommends both my wife and I continue to wear masks.  

I read an article the other day, and the writer was outraged that her health care worker wasn't vaccinated.  Complained to the admin and everything.

She was terrified.  And I thought "why do you care if you're vaccinated?"  At the very end of the article, she said she had an immunocompromised child and a 95-yr mother in her care.  OK, should have led with that...

kizer permanente

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:19 PM
posted by iclfan2

Haha, ironically we aren’t that different. My daughter at 3 months (December 2019) was in the hospital for a week with RSV and I suspect Covid, bc they didn’t know wtf to do. Spinal tap, all sorts of shit. She also just had RSV, tested 2 weeks ago, and gave the rest of us Covid, all vaccinated (other than 3 year old). So maybe relax and stop giving in to social media fallacies. 

So it sound s like your daughter doesn’t have asthma and has outgrown the serious affects of rsv as last time she had it she was fine? Which is typical of kids. It’s more serious the younger they are and becomes less serious as the get older. Ours is 6 now. and at 4 she still went to the er for 2 weeks. She’s not outgrowing it like our son and most every other kid does. That’s the difference. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:19 PM

It’s weird how unvaccinated = sick and spreading COVID to everyone. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:24 PM
posted by gut

I think the spread is split pretty evenly between the vaccinated and un-vaxxed.  Just a function of the numbers.

Of course, between vaccinated and already had Covid, that means the unvaccinated are about 8X as likely to catch it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't another vac vs unvac difference that, on average, symptoms and severity are lesser for vaccinated people? At least I've seen that online, but haven't really looked into it to see if it's real or not.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:26 PM

So it sound s like your daughter doesn’t have asthma and has outgrown the serious affects of rsv as last time she had it she was fine? Which is typical of kids. It’s more serious the younger they are and becomes less serious as the get older. Ours is 6 now. and at 4 she still went to the er for 2 weeks. She’s not outgrowing it like our son and most every other kid does. That’s the difference. 

I wasn’t trying to compare them, nor be a dick about this actual serious subject. I hope she doesn’t have more issues. My only opinion on this is masks don’t stop you from getting it, only spreading it, and obv I’m going to spread anything in my house to little children, so masks have limited power at home. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:27 PM

All I know is there are several 35-52 year olds here in my town either in the hospital and not responding well to the 10 day treatments or are on the vent….none are vaccinated and all healthy type individuals

kizer permanente

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:31 PM
posted by iclfan2

I wasn’t trying to compare them, nor be a dick about this actual serious subject. I hope she doesn’t have more issues. My only opinion on this is masks don’t stop you from getting it, only spreading it, and obv I’m going to spread anything in my house to little children, so masks have limited power at home. 

To be honest I don’t know if it does? I don’t even know if her pediatrician knows it does? But I’d imagine that’s their best/only recommendation right now?  We kept her home last year in virtual school and now they did away with that so she just went back Monday… in a mask … bc we don’t have any other options.  I’m just at the point now where I’m hoping she doesn’t get it and if she does it somehow doesn’t hurt her too bad. Kinda makes you feel helpless as a parent   

gut

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:36 PM
posted by Heretic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't another vac vs unvac difference that, on average, symptoms and severity are lesser for vaccinated people? At least I've seen that online, but haven't really looked into it to see if it's real or not.

That's true.  But that wasn't the issue in question.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:37 PM
posted by Heretic

Can confirm. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:40 PM

Kinda makes you feel helpless as a parent   

I dunno if you have seen but RSV has been all over the place recently. And when I said she was in the hospital for a week, she was on not wall oxygen but a brought in machine (so worse), and had a feeding tube (3 months, so formula), so it was a week of just existing in the icu while she was on her back strapped to a bed. I wasn’t making light of it by any means. She’s almost 2 now and has only known Covid protocols and I think her speech has been impacted by only seeing teachers in masks for 90% of her life. 

kizer permanente

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:42 PM
posted by iclfan2
I dunno if you have seen but RSV has been all over the place recently. And when I said she was in the hospital for a week, she was on not wall oxygen but a brought in machine (so worse), and had a feeding tube (3 months, so formula), so it was a week of just existing in the icu while she was on her back strapped to a bed. I wasn’t making light of it by any means. She’s almost 2 now and has only known Covid protocols and I think her speech has been impacted by only seeing teachers in masks for 90% of her life. 

Nah i get it and I apologize, I overreacted. I’ve been touchy this week with her going back to school lol  I’m sorry. 

gut

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:45 PM
posted by Ironman92

All I know is there are several 35-52 year olds here in my town either in the hospital and not responding well to the 10 day treatments or are on the vent….none are vaccinated and all healthy type individuals

I keep seeing anecdotal stories like that all over the place, and I don't know how they haven't said this strain is more dangerous (which kind of makes sense if higher viral loads are getting passed around).

kizer permanente

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 11:08 PM

What’s crazy is one of the guys I mentioned who tested positive last week is very obese. Uncontrolled diabetic. Uncontrolled blood pressure.  Mid 50’s.  And he had a fever for like 3 days. He’s the one we all thought would die for sure if he got it.  Then got it and had a cough and fever for 3 days. 

QuakerOats

Wed, Aug 18, 2021 11:25 AM

??? They don’t seem to care.

Also my black friends who aren’t interested in the vaccine are also the only ones still wearing masks and social distancing. 

The opposite of Quaker and his super spreaders.  They are not alike. 

Your friends are good little troopers.

kizer permanente

Wed, Aug 18, 2021 11:36 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Your friends are good little troopers.

yeah they're decent people

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Aug 19, 2021 6:13 AM

We are getting close to two years of “2 weeks to flatten the curve,” and we still have an incredible amount of people who believe it’s up to everyone else to cater to their fears vs making their own decisions for their own safety.

If you want to (selectively) cry about the unvaccinated crowd, then maybe you should adjust your own dumbass approach to covid, which does nothing but discourage people to take the vaccine.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Aug 19, 2021 9:19 AM

jmog

Thu, Aug 19, 2021 9:41 AM

Looks like my company is heading towards mandated vaccines.

Just 2 months ago their corporate email literally said that “we encourage vaccines but will never force them and can not/should not ever ask about an associates vaccine status due to HIPAA regulations”

(They said HIPAA not me). 

To today’s email….

Although (XYZ company) does not currently require that its associates get vaccinated, we strongly encourage you to do so if you haven’t already and if there are no medical or religious reasons prohibiting it. We urge you to weigh the impact that COVID is having on your communities with the potential a vaccine has to keep you, your family, and your colleagues safe from tremendous harm. “

Then later in the email…

In order to respond quickly to these customer requests, (XYZ Company) will ask all associates to attest or state whether they are fully vaccinated or not (or prefer not to state). “

In two months they went from “we will never require nor ask about your vaccine” to “we haven’t YET required but we are going to ask about your status”

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Aug 19, 2021 10:38 AM
posted by justincredible

Biggie's car went 160, swiftly.