Covid-19 discussion, continued...

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:20 AM

NYC. SF. LA. Vaccine passports are rolling out. You claimed they would never come here. I'm not trying to "gotcha" you. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:21 AM

New Orleans, too, right?

Automatik

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:24 AM

I was referring to to enter/leave the country. I didn't see how that could be enforced. Still don't, unless some global coalition effort were to happen. 

A "passport" to eat indoors wasn't even on my radar at that time. 

I'm going to NYC in November, I'll have to figure it out if it's still in effect. The app they are pushing now (Excelsior) is for NY residents only. Clear is another option.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:29 AM

Vaxpass to leave/enter the country would suck, but whatever. A vaxpass to literally live in your local neighborhood has always been my fear, and what I mean when I talk about a vaccine passport. Traveling internationally is not the same thing as buying groceries.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 10:30 AM

A vaccine passport to literally just live your life is the end of the West. I say that without a hint of irony or sarcasm.

gut

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 11:02 AM
posted by Automatik

The app they are pushing now (Excelsior) is for NY residents only. Clear is another option.

Someone told me Clear would link up with other apps/services (concerts, sports events, etc) that may require vax passports for entries.  So something to research and consider.

gut

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 11:15 AM
posted by justincredible

We're going to keep fucking doing this over and over again until the spirit of every human on Earth is crushed.

gut

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 12:12 PM

CDC is about to recommend booster shots after 8 months FOR EVERYONE.

I just don't see a campaign for a 3rd shot being remotely as successful as the first.  So we'll see how Biden manages that.  So far, aside from encouraging masks and shots, it doesn't seem like Biden has done anything different from Trump.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 2:28 PM

lol, Chuck Schumer rapping about the vaccine. This is the weirdest timeline.

Gardens35

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 2:29 PM

Las Vegas Raiders.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 3:28 PM

posted by justincredible

lol, Chuck Schumer rapping about the vaccine. This is the weirdest timeline.

Nothing says "hilariously sad" like an old dude usually seen with his glasses on the very tip of his nose trying to be hip.

QuakerOats

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 5:46 PM

dr fauci if things so freaking bad covid recommend closing border

kizer permanente

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 6:04 PM
posted by QuakerOats

dr fauci if things so freaking bad covid recommend closing border

Will closing the border make vaccination rates of your type get to at least graduation rates of your type? 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 6:20 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Will closing the border make vaccination rates of your type get to at least graduation rates of your type? 

Do you ask your black friends a variation of this question as well?

kizer permanente

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 7:04 PM
posted by justincredible

Nah they don’t really seem to be too worried about closing the border.

Gardens35

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 8:35 PM
posted by Gardens35

Governor DeSantis has acknowledged this "surge". He believes that it's due to people spending more time indoors to beat the heat and humidity, and thinks it will abate (his word) in a couple of weeks.

Update:

It didn't Abate.

FLA #1 at 21, 600+ new cases per day.

BR1986FB

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 8:55 PM

Nah they don’t really seem to be too worried about closing the border.

Nice deflection.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 9:00 PM
posted by justincredible

That would be a big fat NO. 

kizer permanente

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 9:18 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Nice deflection.

??? They don’t seem to care.

Also my black friends who aren’t interested in the vaccine are also the only ones still wearing masks and social distancing. 

The opposite of Quaker and his super spreaders.  They are not alike. 

gut

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 9:21 PM

also the only ones still wearing masks

You sure they're wearing masks because of Covid? /sleeperd

Jokes aside, I'm guessing the masks aren't N95 so pretty much useless with Delta.

kizer permanente

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 9:38 PM
posted by gut

You sure they're wearing masks because of Covid? /sleeperd

Jokes aside, I'm guessing the masks aren't N95 so pretty much useless with Delta.

I don’t believe they are. 

But is delta smaller particle than original covid? I know it’s more transmissible, but I wonder why masks wouldn’t work? Unless masks don’t work with original covid but it’s just not as transmissible ? 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 9:41 PM

Also my black friends who aren’t interested in the vaccine are also the only ones still wearing masks and social distancing. 

Why do they hate science? So are NY vaccine passports Jim Crow laws? I’m very confused.

kizer permanente

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 9:46 PM
posted by iclfan2

Why do they hate science? So are NY vaccine passports Jim Crow laws? I’m very confused.

I dunno. Do you think it’s bc they were used as experiments for science ? Or is that also something you don’t believe happened lol 

gut

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 9:47 PM

I don’t believe they are. 

But is delta smaller particle than original covid? I know it’s more transmissible, but I wonder why masks wouldn’t work? Unless masks don’t work with original covid but it’s just not as transmissible ? 

No, it's science.  The other masks didn't work nearly as well as N95, and Delta is estimated to be 4X as contagious.  So non-N95 masks let too much thru, and because it's more contagious a higher viral load comes thru.

So your friends might as well not even bother with a mask if it isn't N95.

LMAO, vaccinated people are getting Delta, but your friend's mask made out of an old t-shirt is going to protect him?

kizer permanente

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 9:52 PM
posted by gut

No, it's science.  The other masks didn't work nearly as well as N95, and Delta is estimated to be 4X as contagious.  So non-N95 masks let too much thru, and because it's more contagious a higher viral load comes thru.

So your friends might as well not even bother with a mask if it isn't N95.

So I still wear masks in group settings at work. Not n95. Just cloth ones.  And I’ve now been in meetings  where 3 people have tested positive for covid. And it’s all been in the last 2 weeks. So chances are pretty good is delta variant right? I’d imagine it’s mostly from being vaccinated that’s kept me from getting sick. Of course if you listen to antimaskers and antivaxxers it’s the vaccinated getting sick and spreading it.  So who knows? Mask? Moderna ?