Covid-19 discussion, continued...

queencitybuckeye

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 6:10 PM
posted by gut
C'mon, it takes YEARS for the FDA to approve anything.  This was rushed.

Thankfully for the thousands of people who would otherwise be in the hospital based on vaccinated vs. un-vaccinated statistics.

gut

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 6:16 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Thankfully for the thousands of people who would otherwise be in the hospital based on vaccinated vs. un-vaccinated statistics.

I was being sarcastic.  The anti-vaxxers will keep raising the bar.  Conspiracy theorists are, perhaps, mentally ill.

queencitybuckeye

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 6:29 PM
posted by gut

I was being sarcastic.  The anti-vaxxers will keep raising the bar.  Conspiracy theorists are, perhaps, mentally ill.

Sorry about that.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 6:52 PM

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 7:14 PM
posted by Fletch

Whats funny is that I am rarely wrong.

Yes, you generally are. 

Gardens35

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 8:42 PM
posted by gut

Good post, got me too!

geeblock

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 10:35 AM

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 11:45 AM
posted by geeblock

2 different parents that have kids who open enroll to our district came and spoke at our board meeting. The guy screamed and yelled and pointed at the board members (he actually had some fair points) then when he finished he stomped up bleachers and slammed his hands down on the bleachers. The woman was allotted 3 min to speak and she was warned 2x went over 4 min and roiling stop so the turned off her mic lol….then the superintendent had them turn it back on and she went on for another 5 minutes while the other 7 speakers did their 3 min. Then when Superintendent was presenting his side those same two kept interrupting and wouldn’t let him finish. Superintendent left them stay even though law was ready to remove them.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 11:49 AM
posted by geeblock

Obnoxious pigs, not doubt about it.  Here's the problem with this though - first off, Franklin, while nice, is not the "wealthiest place in Tennessee (they gotta cover the white privelege angle though I guess).  Second, for every video or story like this, it's simple to find it's counterpart on the "no masks=certain death" side.  There was a story in the news yesterday about a woman on the school board for Norman, Oklahoma who is asking her board to overrule the governor's no mask mandate in order that maskless children "not commit murder" in the schools.

The tails of the bell curve are always where the problems lie.  Again, people chasing down healthcare workers like this is pathetic.  But patheticness is equally distributed on all sides.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 3:56 PM

Why would any business owner follow this?

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 3:58 PM
posted by iclfan2

Why would any business owner follow this?

Again the receptionist at the Y is probably trained well on all this stuff.

gut

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 4:03 PM
posted by Ironman92

Again the receptionist at the Y is probably trained well on all this stuff.

Things are going to get really messy and ugly when boosters/annual shots are required.

At least there are plenty of good arguments on both sides (Covid, not the vaccine), which is a refreshing change from the usual politard hand-wringing over nothingburgers.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 6:37 PM

Some of these idiots, like in Dallas, think you can keep a mask on a child over 2. Ain’t gonna happen moron. They’re trying to lose elections. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 6:44 PM
posted by iclfan2

Some of these idiots, like in Dallas, think you can keep a mask on a child over 2. Ain’t gonna happen moron. They’re trying to lose elections. 

While I’m on your side with the masks I can say that all school year last year our preK had to wear them for ages 3-4 and it simply was not a problem, virtually zero. I know it’s 1 year less but kids are resilient and when they want to be somewhere or do something……mask didn’t affect them.

I’m not sure a mask to a current 2 year old is much different than putting shoes on them now. They don’t know anything about it.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 6:51 PM
posted by Ironman92

While I’m on your side with the masks I can say that all school year last year our preK had to wear them for ages 3-4 and it simply was not a problem, virtually zero. I know it’s 1 year less but kids are resilient and when they want to be somewhere or do something……mask didn’t affect them.

I’m not sure a mask to a current 2 year old is much different than putting shoes on them now. They don’t know anything about it.

I have a 3 and a half year old and an almost 2 year old. Neither of them would ever accept a mask all day. The 3 year old has worn one a few times, but she ain’t doing it daily. And I don’t condone it and would never want to train them to do it. Glad I live in the south apparently, bc fuck that. 

gut

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 6:53 PM
posted by iclfan2

I have a 3 and a half year old and an almost 2 year old. Neither of them would ever accept a mask all day.

Your kids clearly aren't as compliant as Jen Psaki's

gut

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 7:02 PM

The better question no one is asking is how long the masks these kids wear provide protection. 

It damn well better protect them for 6+ hours.  Otherwise, who knows how long we'll be locked down and wearing masks everywhere.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 7:11 PM
posted by gut

The better question no one is asking is how long the masks these kids wear provide protection. 

It damn well better protect them for 6+ hours.  Otherwise, who knows how long we'll be locked down and wearing masks everywhere.

Unless they are wearing N95 it's something like 15-20 minutes per mask. I highly doubt they're changing out for a new one 3-4 times per hour.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 7:21 PM
posted by iclfan2

I have a 3 and a half year old and an almost 2 year old. Neither of them would ever accept a mask all day. The 3 year old has worn one a few times, but she ain’t doing it daily. And I don’t condone it and would never want to train them to do it. Glad I live in the south apparently, bc fuck that. 

I agree with you just stating how it was at my 81% Trump approval school district….the kids didn’t care

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 7:22 PM
posted by justincredible

Unless they are wearing N95 it's something like 15-20 minutes per mask. I highly doubt they're changing out for a new one 3-4 times per hour.

Many kids wear the gross cotton ones that resemble underwear and when they get one with the right unicorns or camo or ball team…they wear it gross and dirty for months, everyday.

BR1986FB

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 8:51 PM

The name may not be familiar to some but Bill Phillips, who wrote the workout/fitness book "Body for Life" recently posted on Facebook that he survived 2 months on a vent due to Covid. He's in his early 50's and the guy was still ripped and jacked. Lost 70 lbs due to Covid and he now looks like a 70 year old Holocaust camp survivor.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 8:58 PM
posted by BR1986FB

The name may not be familiar to some but Bill Phillips, who wrote the workout/fitness book "Body for Life" recently posted on Facebook that he survived 2 months on a vent due to Covid. He's in his early 50's and the guy was still ripped and jacked. Lost 70 lbs due to Covid and he now looks like a 70 year old Holocaust camp survivor.

Oh it’s real and nasty stuff for sure

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Thu, Aug 12, 2021 10:02 AM

masks are back in the office for the unvaccinated here.

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Aug 12, 2021 12:47 PM
posted by Fletch

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/12/health/breakthrough-infection-covid-vaccine-misleading/index.html

Now they are just making shit up.  Breakthough infections proves the vaccine works????

Not how I read it being, well, literate. What it actually says is that such infections don't mean the vaccine doesn't work. It just means it's not 100% effective, just like everything else in medicine and the world.