Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Gardens35

Sun, Aug 8, 2021 4:48 PM

Will he run for Congress?

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Aug 8, 2021 8:11 PM
posted by Gardens35

Will he run for Congress?

He'd probably get a good chunk of votes. 

jmog

Mon, Aug 9, 2021 12:25 AM
posted by Ironman92

This is making rounds fast

Go to 15:00 mark and listen 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUjkSaedN4g

I like that guy  

Fletch

Mon, Aug 9, 2021 7:53 AM
posted by Ironman92

This is making rounds fast

Go to 15:00 mark and listen 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUjkSaedN4g

Interesting and likely true about the fact that we have never irradiated a respiratory illness and it will either run it’s course, mutate more and stay around or weaken to the level of the common cold.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 7:36 AM

All I know is almost all physicians are vaccinated. Most nurses aren't. However, "nurses" is a broader term than physicians in terms of qualifications. Nurses I've heard rail against vaccines generally appear as uninformed and prone to rabbit hole stuff as the new generation of internet scientists that have emerged in recent months. 

kizer permanente

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 7:42 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

All I know is almost all physicians are vaccinated. Most nurses aren't. However, "nurses" is a broader term than physicians in terms of qualifications. Nurses I've heard rail against vaccines generally appear as uninformed and prone to rabbit hole stuff as the new generation of internet scientists that have emerged in recent months. 

well here's my unpopular hot taek...

Nurses are task completers. check off boxers. Not that they're dumb, but it doesn't take a lot of critical thinking to be an RN or LPN. You punch in, complete your tasks for the day, follow orders, then leave. Is there skill in tasks they do.. of course. But it's very regimented and rehearsed. 

And they all rally around the tired saying that they know more than doctors. It's idiotic.  

You cant be dumb to pass nursing school and boards, but they're far from doctors and medical school. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 7:54 AM

Here’s where a lot of it stems from, and not saying this is right or wrong. Just how a lot of them feel. 

A lot of healthcare workers felt drug through the mud especially last year. They worked with patients with this deadly virus we knew hardly anything about, reusing PPE, possibly taking the virus home to loved ones. They felt they weren’t compensated fairly for it all. They watched management work from the safety of home while they were in the shit.

I think now a lot of them view the vaccine as just one more thing to do that they aren’t comfortable with. Many hospitals have mandated the vaccine now. Nurses, who last year were built up as heroes, now are forced to get a vaccine they aren’t entirely comfortable with or they’ll be fired. 

I think that’s what’s going through a lot of their heads. There’s also some dumbass conspiracy theorists, too.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 9:15 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Here’s where a lot of it stems from, and not saying this is right or wrong. Just how a lot of them feel. 

A lot of healthcare workers felt drug through the mud especially last year. They worked with patients with this deadly virus we knew hardly anything about, reusing PPE, possibly taking the virus home to loved ones. They felt they weren’t compensated fairly for it all. They watched management work from the safety of home while they were in the shit.

I think now a lot of them view the vaccine as just one more thing to do that they aren’t comfortable with. Many hospitals have mandated the vaccine now. Nurses, who last year were built up as heroes, now are forced to get a vaccine they aren’t entirely comfortable with or they’ll be fired. 

I think that’s what’s going through a lot of their heads. There’s also some dumbass conspiracy theorists, too.

This is probably the case. If it is, it only confirms why others shouldn't be taking their cues from an emotionally, reactionary stance as opposed to a reasoned approach. 

Fletch

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 1:57 PM

Major case in front of the Supreme Court from the girl going to Indiana U.

I guess the SC is going to fast track the decision.

gut

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 2:48 PM
posted by Fletch

Major case in front of the Supreme Court from the girl going to Indiana U.

No one appears concerned as these mandates are popping up all over the place.  It's not going to matter - Fauci said full FDA approval is coming within weeks.

Gardens35

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 3:09 PM

Getting ready to meet the "I don't trust the FDA" crowd.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 3:17 PM

I don't trust any government agency, so there's that.

gut

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 3:22 PM
posted by Gardens35

Getting ready to meet the "I don't trust the FDA" crowd.

You wonder how much all this had to do with the Biden campaign and their media sewing distrust in the vaccine to attack Trump. 

There are a lot of people out there who still believe corners were cut and the vaccine was rushed, and that stems from intentionally misleading reporting.  My parents did end up getting it as soon as they could, but back @ October they were thinking they would wait and see.  They watch CNN all day long.

Gardens35

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 3:36 PM
posted by justincredible

I don't trust any government agency, so there's that.

"I'm not taking any vaccine that isn't FDA approved!!!"

Great news, the FDA has approved the vaccine.

"I Don't trust the FDA."

Context.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 3:43 PM

Fair. 

gut

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 3:54 PM
posted by Gardens35

"I Don't trust the FDA."

C'mon, it takes YEARS for the FDA to approve anything.  This was rushed.

Fletch

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 4:10 PM

Its going to turn out that the vaccine isnt going to act like a vaccine at all.  Its not doing what its supposed to.

Going to end up actually causing a stronger virus in the end

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 4:39 PM
posted by Fletch

Its going to turn out that the vaccine isnt going to act like a vaccine at all.  Its not doing what its supposed to.

Going to end up actually causing a stronger virus in the end

You're quite possibly the only true polymath I've ever interacted with.  Law, medicine, politics, history, sports, literature...you've got it all.  I think you should change your name to Leonardo.

Fletch

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 4:43 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

You're quite possibly the only true polymath I've ever interacted with.  Law, medicine, politics, history, sports, literature...you've got it all.  I think you should change your name to Leonardo.

Whats funny is that I am rarely wrong.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 5:01 PM
posted by Fletch

You were wrong for nearly all of our discussion last week.

sportchampps

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 5:03 PM

I remember when Doctors gave out pain meds to anyone for anything. Now we know this led to a narcotic crisis. I don’t blame people for questioning the FDA or Doctors. If I was younger and didn’t have any thing that increases the odds of Covid killing me I would take my chances like many younger people are.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 5:36 PM
posted by Fletch

You're at least really good at providing laughs whenever you say something stupid. Case in point: the post I'm quoting right now.

queencitybuckeye

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 5:39 PM

The vaccine is doing EXACTLY what it's supposed to.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 5:51 PM

People testing positive left and right around here and those that were unvaccinated aren’t doing well. One of our councilman returned from Vegas, was sick and passed away yesterday. Girl who cuts our hair….has 9 people in her family with it and her late 30’s husband is very very sick.

These stories in rural areas like mine will get the vaccination rate up some. 

Up to 40 fall athletes are currently under quarantine here in town