Covid-19 discussion, continued...

gut

Wed, Aug 4, 2021 5:23 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I used to work for a company that forbade smoking. You could be tested for it like drugs. If you came up positive, you were fired. A fired employee sued and it held up in court. This isn't the same thing, but it seems relevant. 

Usually everyone is an "employee at will" and the company can do whatever it wants, so long as it treats everyone the same.

I don't know.  It seems most people believe employers can require vaccinations.  But you're forcing people to undergo a medical procedure, arguably an elective one, that DOES have a >0% risk of death.

I'm sure an argument will be made that you are discriminating against people based on a medical condition.  I think where companies will screw up is they'll make exceptions for people who have good reasons not to be vaccinated.  And THAT would be unequal treatment.

Fletch

Wed, Aug 4, 2021 5:52 PM

You aren’t going to win in a court of law on a vaccine that is not approved fully by the FDA.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Aug 4, 2021 6:02 PM
posted by Fletch

You aren’t going to win in a court of law on a vaccine that is not approved fully by the FDA.

Okay Perry. 

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Wed, Aug 4, 2021 8:01 PM
posted by Fletch

Who wouldn’t? The company? They certainly would  

friendfromlowry

Wed, Aug 4, 2021 8:59 PM
posted by brutus161

Who wouldn’t? The company? They certainly would  

Careful arguing with Fletch. His brother and/or friend is also on here and just as dumb as him. 

Gardens35

Wed, Aug 4, 2021 9:04 PM

Those Anti Vax Freedom Fighters are suddenly taking up a lot of bed space. 

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 8:27 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Careful arguing with Fletch. His brother and/or friend is also on here and just as dumb as him. 

Most of the time I just let people believe what they want, because I'm not an expert on the situation. However, in this case, I know what the fuck I'm talking about. Purposeful misinformation does a lot of damage in this country. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 9:00 AM
posted by brutus161

Most of the time I just let people believe what they want, because I'm not an expert on the situation. However, in this case, I know what the fuck I'm talking about. Purposeful misinformation does a lot of damage in this country. 

Out on a limb here - but I have my reservations that Fletch graduated from law school.  

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 9:28 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Out on a limb here - but I have my reservations that Fletch graduated from law school.  

Maybe, maybe not, but there are different types of law practices. If you are a patent lawyer, then labor law is not your strong suit. Even if he did graduate, I doubt he's a labor lawyer.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 10:27 AM
posted by brutus161

Maybe, maybe not, but there are different types of law practices. If you are a patent lawyer, then labor law is not your strong suit. Even if he did graduate, I doubt he's a labor lawyer.

I'm pretty sure he needs to use copy-n-paste just to correctly spell "graduate".

QuakerOats

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 11:11 AM

facebook being libertarian super spreader at obamas

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 12:08 PM

Not sure they thought this one through… seems like a good way to get your reviews destroyed

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 1:08 PM

TedSheckler

Emporium Entrepreneur

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 2:04 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I'm assuming it will ease when vaccines are more readily available there. Theyre only at like 15%. 

Doubt it.  They are under full insanity lockdown.  The army is keeping people in their homes there.

gut

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 2:06 PM
posted by justincredible

Interesting article from 2003.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/farce-mask-its-safe-for-only-20-minutes-20030427-gdgnyo.html

Maybe that's how they came up with the 15 minute rule, although I thought that was maskless exposure (now, of course, it's "seconds" with Delta).

But it does raise some interesting questions about kids wearing masks to schools.  N95 masks are very effective, but the masks kids will be wearing aren't.  And I'm not sure an N95 mask would protect you 6+ hours.

They'd probably argue it still makes a big difference reducing the "viral load".  Except I wonder after an hour or more if you haven't "maxed out" the viral load regardless of how sick the person is that you were exposed to.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 2:35 PM

Vaccine passports, like in NY, are way more Jim Crow than voting laws…

gut

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 2:38 PM
posted by iclfan2

Vaccine passports, like in NY, are way more Jim Crow than voting laws…

Well, you know, Covid made crossing the street great again.

Gardens35

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 2:44 PM

Someone needs to toss in a few Nazi references, just to make the discussion more well rounded.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 3:01 PM
posted by Gardens35

Someone needs to toss in a few Nazi references, just to make the discussion more well rounded.

Woke: blacks can’t figure out how to get an ID to vote

Broke: same people will definitely have a smart phone to download some ridiculous app saying they can go into a store bc they’re vaccinated. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 3:38 PM
posted by Gardens35

If I could create a time machine, I would for the primary purpose of making infinity money gambling and for the secondary purpose of forcing every dipshit politician (or anyone in general) who immediately goes to the Nazi comparison whenever they don't like a rule/guideline back to a 1940s camp so they can get a taste of real Nazi shit.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 3:41 PM

To be fair, the Nazi's didn't start with the camps.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 4:01 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I'm assuming it will ease when vaccines are more readily available there. Theyre only at like 15%.