Covid-19 discussion, continued...

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 9:40 AM

I've noticed a lot more people wearing masks recently. I'm not participating this time around. No fucking way. 

Our office just reinstated mask mandates as we start transitioning the entire office back by September 7th. I will not be going to the office at all while a mandate is in effect.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 10:06 AM
posted by justincredible

I've noticed a lot more people wearing masks recently. I'm not participating this time around. No fucking way. 

Our office just reinstated mask mandates as we start transitioning the entire office back by September 7th. I will not be going to the office at all while a mandate is in effect.

Don't blame you.  If you don't have to go and participate in that nonsense, good for you.  I HATE it for kids in school.  My daughter's high school just announced required masks for the time being.  Complete crap.  Creeps like Fauci have the world believing these things are some sort of medical device like a dialysis machine or an oxygen tank.  Their a fucking filthy rag we continually put up to our face to breath in its bacteria, smell bad breath and look like fucking jerks in.  

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 10:39 AM

So it begins...

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 11:27 AM
posted by justincredible

So it begins...

Easiest prediction ever

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 11:35 AM
posted by justincredible

So it begins...

Sounds air tight to me.  No way anyone could produce a false vaccine card.  

kizer permanente

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 12:03 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

didn't it just cost someone 20 grand for providing a fake one?

that seems like good deterant. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 12:13 PM

And the experts working the counter checking them could never be fooled.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 12:27 PM
posted by justincredible

So it begins...

Suggesting this would happen was considered tin foil hat shit not too long ago.

gut

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 12:45 PM
posted by like_that

Not sure why.  Seemed pretty obvious.

I'm really looking forward to Democrats trying to explain why you need a vax card to vote, but requiring an ID is racist.

gut

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 12:52 PM
posted by Ironman92

And the experts working the counter checking them could never be fooled.

The funny thing is, they've actually created an unnecessary exposure/risk for someone to check an ID.

gut

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 1:23 PM

What I can't understand are the hospital metrics.  I keep hearing about "hospitals filling up" in Florida, and generally that phrase just seems to get automatically added anywhere cases are ticking up.

But then I saw a graph of Florida hospital capacity - saw it before last summer - and it's been pretty steady @ 80% for months and months, and where it sits today.  Desantis' office presented this, both times I think.

As with pretty much anything in the media these days, I don't think "reporters" are vetting these stories before they read them.  I guess they're no longer obligated to fact-check something they assume to be true.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 1:39 PM
posted by like_that

I don't think so.  I think most people have expected this stuff for awhile. 

gut

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 1:52 PM

I don't think so.  I think most people have expected this stuff for awhile. 

Speaking of which, I better find and copy my card. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 2:05 PM
posted by gut

Speaking of which, I better find and copy my card. 

I’ve had mine in my phone pics since I’ve had it…..figured I’d need it.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 2:27 PM
posted by justincredible

This Brad guy is apparently the Deputy AG for the California DOJ.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/bparr

Woke Brad is told that the second highest non-vaxxed demographic is African-Americans

TedSheckler

Emporium Entrepreneur

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 2:52 PM

Let's just throw the un-vaxxed into camps.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 3:07 PM
posted by TedSheckler

Let's just throw the un-vaxxed into camps.

Yes, they need to be concentrated together in camps so they can be monitored. All for public health, of course.

gut

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 4:02 PM
posted by justincredible

Yes, they need to be concentrated together in camps so they can be monitored. All for public health, of course.

Fun with liberal logic: if I give you Covid, then I killed you.  But if I shoot you with a gun, then the gun killed you.

QuakerOats

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 4:51 PM
posted by gut

What I can't understand are the hospital metrics.  I keep hearing about "hospitals filling up" in Florida, and generally that phrase just seems to get automatically added anywhere cases are ticking up.

But then I saw a graph of Florida hospital capacity - saw it before last summer - and it's been pretty steady @ 80% for months and months, and where it sits today.  Desantis' office presented this, both times I think.

As with pretty much anything in the media these days, I don't think "reporters" are vetting these stories before they read them.  I guess they're no longer obligated to fact-check something they assume to be true.

It's total bullshit; that's why the panic promoters have switched to using percentages instead of counts.  Cases being up 100% sounds much more fearful than cases increasing from 6 to 12. 

Fletch

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 5:07 PM
posted by QuakerOats

It's total bullshit; that's why the panic promoters have switched to using percentages instead of counts.  Cases being up 100% sounds much more fearful than cases increasing from 6 to 12. 

That literally was the amount of hospital visit increases in Dayton and the news reported as 100% increase.

Gardens35

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 5:17 PM

Governor DeSantis has acknowledged this "surge". He believes that it's due to people spending more time indoors to beat the heat and humidity, and thinks it will abate (his word) in a couple of weeks.

sportchampps

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 5:35 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdTFEo4y/

friendfromlowry

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 5:52 PM
posted by Fletch

That literally was the amount of hospital visit increases in Dayton and the news reported as 100% increase.

You couldn’t be more incorrect and should just stop talking. The hospitals in the area are filling back up, having to reopen and expand Covid units that were previously closed. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 6:02 PM

Looks like the program being used for the vaccine pass in NYC requires an ID to sign up. Interesting.