Covid-19 discussion, continued...

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 8:38 AM

It's weird how most of the sun belt states are kinda spiking at the same time much like they did last year. How much do you want to bet that midwestern states show the same pattern around October or so? It's almost like we can know when it will peak and can prepare for it accordingly instead of losing our collective minds every time a state starts to show a rise in cases.

Fred Garvin

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 9:24 AM

Am I the only one who thinks of this when discussing the Lambda variant?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 9:29 AM
posted by Fred Garvin

Am I the only one who thinks of this when discussing the Lambda variant?

It's time for your jab.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 9:37 AM
posted by justincredible

It's weird how most of the sun belt states are kinda spiking at the same time much like they did last year. How much do you want to bet that midwestern states show the same pattern around October or so? It's almost like we can know when it will peak and can prepare for it accordingly instead of losing our collective minds every time a state starts to show a rise in cases.

It gives Fauci fresh opportunities to get on tv and talk about how this next variant or spike has "really got him scared". Little Boy Who Cried 'Wolf!'. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 11:11 AM
posted by justincredible

Stinky part is the early jumpers in charge of big things start masking up too early are just irritates the masses more.

Verbal Kint

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 12:33 PM
posted by iclfan2

Very anti-poor of you. 

Unrelated. For as much as people obsess over Covid, why is it so hard to find a rapid test for free? Tons of PCR but you wait 2 days. 

I think it is anti-lazy.  Two of the healthiest foods, eggs can be bought for $1.29 a dozen and ground beef 80/20 can be found in multi lbs for about $3-$3.50, it's not expensive to eat correctly.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 12:36 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

I think it is anti-lazy.  Two of the healthiest foods, eggs can be bought for $1.29 a dozen and ground beef 80/20 can be found in multi lbs for about $3-$3.50, it's not expensive to eat correctly.

I wasn’t really being serious, but big fan of McChickens and hot dogs.

Verbal Kint

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 12:43 PM
posted by iclfan2
I wasn’t really being serious, but big fan of McChickens and hot dogs.

Lol, don't eat the McRib, there is a reason it comes out when it does, when McD finds the cheapest ingredients.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 1:41 PM

BR1986FB

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 1:44 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

It gives Fauci fresh opportunities to get on tv and talk about how this next variant or spike has "really got him scared". Little Boy Who Cried 'Wolf!'. 

My older sister, who is about as tinfoil hat as they come, called last night. I always screen the calls when I see it's her because I don't want to get "caught in the vortex" (aka 1.5 hour call about nothing and her Alex Jones conspiracies), and of course her voicemail is "I hope you didn't get those Covid shots....people are dropping like flies after 18 months." She's obviously Nostradumbass since the shot's been around, what 6-7 months? And she wonders why she never catches me when she calls.

gut

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 2:35 PM
posted by BR1986FB

She's obviously Nostradumbass since the shot's been around, what 6-7 months?

Hahaha....I think it's 12 months since the large Stage 3 trials, but the smaller first stage (~30 people?) happened I think back last May.  Perhaps a few mice from the clinical trial have died of old age?

Which, by the way, we should know in a few months if the shots protect up to 1 year.  Hopefully the breakthru infections aren't a sign of waning efficacy as it still seems to be doing the job on preventing serious illness.

gut

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 2:55 PM
posted by majorspark

WTF is wrong with Australia?

Well, it's a prison colony so they love them some lockdowns...

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 3:11 PM
posted by BR1986FB

My older sister, who is about as tinfoil hat as they come, called last night. I always screen the calls when I see it's her because I don't want to get "caught in the vortex" (aka 1.5 hour call about nothing and her Alex Jones conspiracies), and of course her voicemail is "I hope you didn't get those Covid shots....people are dropping like flies after 18 months." She's obviously Nostradumbass since the shot's been around, what 6-7 months? And she wonders why she never catches me when she calls.

A news station interviewed (over the phone) a woman who was in the ICU with Covid, and on a ventilator.  When asked why she hadn't taken the vaccine, she said something like, "I just felt scared about the long-term effects."  

Gave this as a serious answer when hooked up to a ventilator.  

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 3:36 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

Lol, don't eat the McRib, there is a reason it comes out when it does, when McD finds the cheapest ingredients.

Spent my college years at Mickey D’s…..the McRib coming out of the frozen solid state and then pressed on the grills the same as the burgers….then put into the barbecue sauce….bleh to see. By the procedure they could stay in the crock pot like pan for 2 hours and stirred every 20 min. They were honestly considerably better if you didn’t stir the sauce around and let it thicken up…..some people ordered them without barbecue sauce and those were disgusting….just awful.

gut

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 3:41 PM

Gave this as a serious answer when hooked up to a ventilator.  

I have a colleague who said something similar.  Some people haven't done their homework and think the vaccine was brand new and rushed.  I think my colleague said "no mRNA vaccine has ever received FDA approval".  Which is true, but very different from a daily med that side effects take years to present.

And, to be fair, there have been some surprising, and fatal, side effects.  But that's true of almost every medicine.  I think these people are just bad at math - yeah, you're taking a chance with the vaccine, but a much bigger chance with Covid.

Gardens35

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 5:31 PM

President Biden, President Trump before him, and the rest of the world allow the Chinese to go unscathed.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 5:37 PM
posted by Gardens35

President Biden, President Trump before him, and the rest of the world allow the Chinese to go unscathed.

Hey, Trump called it "Kung Flu", wasn't that punishment enough?  Maybe Comrade Putin assured him China was not at fault.

Biden probably isn't aware that China exists.  "Come on man. I ate Chinese once.  I know where it came from - from a carryout in Wilmington.  There ain't no 'China' behind all that.  I checked it out man."

gut

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 5:51 PM

Biden probably isn't aware that China exists.

Sure he is - they sign all of Hunter's checks.

majorspark

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 6:48 PM

Don't know.  Don't live there, so don't care.  

I only care to the extent that it is noteworthy.  Aussies are human beings like us.  I guess I just take it as a caution sign that these types of folks also live amongst us.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 6:49 PM
posted by majorspark

I only care to the extent that it is noteworthy.  Aussies are human beings like us.  I guess I just take it as a caution sign that these types of folks also live amongst us.

Fair. It's too bad as Australia is a wonderful country. But they're government is insane about this. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 9:08 AM

Went to Wal Mart this morning. Only a handful of people not wearing a mask. I can’t believe we’re going back to this. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 9:28 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Went to Wal Mart this morning. Only a handful of people not wearing a mask. I can’t believe we’re going back to this. 

Honest question - why does someone wear a mask?  If it's to protect others, what is the need?  Others have either been vaccinated and don't need the protection or they have not been vaccinated and don't want the protection.  If it's for one's self, it has been shown time and time again that mask wearing does little to protect the wearer.  So why do it?  I honestly cannot understand it.