Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 11:40 AM
posted by kizer permanente

So last year it was Political to wear masks and limit indoor dining etc.. to hurt Trump. This year its Political to wear masks and limit indoor dining etc.. to ... *checks notes* help Biden.

And now you understand the mindset of the politard!

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 12:30 PM

Again, people who don't do something because of politics are every bit the same sheep as those who do.

Automatik

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 12:33 PM

You mean like this?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/29/health/vaccines-in-secret-missouri/index.html

I KNOW, I KNOW. Fake news.

But LOL...this country is incredibly dumb.

I'm sure this is also happening in Ohio. My dad was just in my hometown, SE, Ohio. None is his friends are vaccinated. All 60+, some with health issues. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 12:45 PM

My very conservative Facebook friend said they weren’t going to be made to get a vaccine by the government meanwhile illegal immigrants are coming into the country spreading the virus and no one cares! So that was the first I’d heard those two linked together. Now we’re not getting the vaccine because of the damn immigrants!

Fletch

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 12:47 PM
posted by Automatik

You mean like this?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/29/health/vaccines-in-secret-missouri/index.html

I KNOW, I KNOW. Fake news.

But LOL...this country is incredibly dumb.

I'm sure this is also happening in Ohio. My dad was just in my hometown, SE, Ohio. None is his friends are vaccinated. All 60+, some with health issues. 

i saw that fear mongering 

gut

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 1:46 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Now we’re not getting the vaccine because of the damn immigrants!

I think the point was "you don't care that illegals aren't vaccinated, so stop nagging me about it"

It's been fun watching both sides simultaneously hold conflicting views because most "wedge" issues are based on little more than grandstanding bullshit.  You should have an ID to vote!!!  Vaccine passports infringe on muhrights!!! 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 2:17 PM

DC arbitrarily going back to masks indoors for everyone over 2 (also an arbitrary number). Supposedly since June there has been less than 15 deaths dude to Covid. So much sciencing. Seems like the opposite way of getting people to get the vaccine. 

Fletch

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 2:24 PM
posted by iclfan2

DC arbitrarily going back to masks indoors for everyone over 2 (also an arbitrary number). Supposedly since June there has been less than 15 deaths dude to Covid. So much sciencing. Seems like the opposite way of getting people to get the vaccine. 

Follow the money and it will lead you to who is making the decisions on this at this poiint

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 2:34 PM
posted by Fletch

Follow the money and it will lead you to who is making the decisions on this at this poiint

Where does the money lead?

kizer permanente

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 2:49 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Where does the money lead?

He has no clue  he just heard someone else say it before. That’s how echo chambers work. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 3:09 PM

He has no clue  he just heard someone else say it before. That’s how echo chambers work. 

Follow the money!

Playing 4D chess!

The silent majority!

And I'm sure we all could go on...

gut

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 3:20 PM
posted by Heretic

Follow the money!

Playing 4D chess!

The silent majority!

And I'm sure we all could go on...

Yeah, but, looking like it's all heading off the rails again.

Pfizer claiming the vaccine appears to weaken after 6 months.  Vaccinated people may be spreading just as much viral load as unvaccinated.  More and more vaccinated people are catching the delta variant....

Mask mandates in the works as we speak.  I'm guessing we'll have some sort of additional restrictions, again, when this starts surging in the fall.  And then a few months later mass govt panic when over half of people refuse a third shot...

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 3:51 PM
posted by Fletch

Some of the money has led right to my mailbox.  I just received a pro-rated child tax credit check that I did not ask for, didn't want and didn't apply for.  So in that case the money is leading to me.  But to my knowledge, I have not successfully implemented any of my own decisions into this pandemic madness.  What gives?

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 4:33 PM

Some of the money has led right to my mailbox.  I just received a pro-rated child tax credit check that I did not ask for, didn't want and didn't apply for.  So in that case the money is leading to me.  But to my knowledge, I have not successfully implemented any of my own decisions into this pandemic madness.  What gives?

Apparently, you are so far entrenched in the DEEP STATE that you haven't even realized it yet, you monster!

gut

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 4:43 PM

new "incentives" for people to get the vaccine...Ummm, it's kind of hard to come up with a bigger incentive than "risk of death".

$100 for getting vaccinated?  OK, that might work.  But this is classic strategy/negotiations - once you reward holdouts, you get MORE holdouts.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 5:23 PM
posted by gut

new "incentives" for people to get the vaccine...Ummm, it's kind of hard to come up with a bigger incentive than "risk of death".

$100 for getting vaccinated?  OK, that might work.  But this is classic strategy/negotiations - once you reward holdouts, you get MORE holdouts.

If I were king, there'd be a standing offer of $5,000 cash, plus medical costs for anyone who wanted to get sterilized.

QuakerOats

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 5:31 PM

So last year it was Political to wear masks and limit indoor dining etc.. to hurt Trump. This year its Political to wear masks and limit indoor dining etc.. to ... *checks notes* help Biden.

It's about control, as if you didn't know. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 6:05 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Who’s controlling who/what?

Automatik

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 6:40 PM

Pandemic of the stupid. 

kizer permanente

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 7:55 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Who’s controlling what ?Jesus fucking Christ you guys are exhausting  

majorspark

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 12:04 AM

I am not so concerned about where the money leads to but how it is generated.  Is it compelled by law or willingly given.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 4:56 AM

What a shit show that press conference was for Biden. It only took him less than 3 months to go back on his word in the name of “evolving science.”

As predicted by myself and others when this first started, there is more goal post moving (shout out to boogie’s favorite phrase) 18 months later.  A lot of dumbasses (including some posters here) continue to fall for it.  

Guise, if we just keep listening to them and remain disciplined for (insert number) months this will be all over!!! 

I’ll keep repeating myself, if you are for any covid restrictions at this point, you can go fuck yourself.  The vaccine is available for anybody. Make your own personal life decisions, stfu, and mind your own business when it comes to everyone else’s lives.

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 8:39 AM

so if the CDC's comments (that vaccinated people have the same viral load as unvaccinated people, regarding Delta) then we are fucked. you've essentially given unlimited ammo to the anti-vax crowd, you've further (shockingly) reduced your credibility as a health and science organization, and made it more and more apparent that the whole thing is a power and money grab to secure funding for pet projects and mass surveillance (in the name of public health). 

the response to this news is pivotal in how we move forward. because the only thing we have going for us at this point is the relatively low (although i get it, higher than seasonal flu) mortality rate of this virus. we've got to hand it to the gain of function research crew. they've got a real good product.

Fletch

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 9:36 AM

The CDC has no clue what to do because the NIH and Fauci has lied about this so much that nothing is true .

We are locking back down for .0003% of this country.

LIke that said it best....go fuck yourself

Automatik

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 9:52 AM

No way mandates are coming back here. I will lose my shit.