Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 7:48 AM
posted by superman

You ain't wrong. 

Moving the first and ten marker, are we?

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 11:20 AM

gut

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 11:32 AM
posted by like_that

Maybe because you aren’t.  Boom roasted.

That's why I prefer "you can't really be that stupid"

superman

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 12:30 PM
posted by gut

That's why I prefer "you can't really be that stupid"

But he continually proves that he is. 

TedSheckler

Emporium Entrepreneur

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 1:52 PM
posted by iclfan2

Because sCiEnCe!

Fletch

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 3:21 PM

So masks for everyone unless you are illegal crossing the border???  

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 3:28 PM

just like ID for everything except picking the legislators and president. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 3:44 PM

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 3:58 PM
posted by justincredible

And? Why would vaccinated people care about people choosing to be unvaccinated? And kids are at almost 0 risk, less than the flu. They’re making shit up to be worried about at this point. 

gut

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 4:05 PM
posted by iclfan2

And? Why would vaccinated people care about people choosing to be unvaccinated? And kids are at almost 0 risk, less than the flu. They’re making shit up to be worried about at this point.

Well, Israeli data out yesterday now reports Phizer only 39% effective at preventing the delta variant.  It's only a matter of time before they reset the clock and start over with "0% vaccinated".

So, time and another mutation and looks like we'll need another shot.  I doubt much more than half of people would get the third shot.  And then we'll see how Big Brother chooses to respond to that.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 4:28 PM
posted by gut

Well, Israeli data out yesterday now reports Phizer only 39% effective at preventing the delta variant.  It's only a matter of time before they reset the clock and start over with "0% vaccinated".

So, time and another mutation and looks like we'll need another shot.  I doubt much more than half of people would get the third shot.  And then we'll see how Big Brother chooses to respond to that.

Link? I haven’t seen anything under 80% protective. Not that my main point doesn’t remain. Fuck masks, and yes your choice to be unvaccinated is great, but you get what you get. 

jmog

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 4:51 PM
posted by justincredible

gut

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 6:36 PM
posted by iclfan2

Link? I haven’t seen anything under 80% protective. Not that my main point doesn’t remain. Fuck masks, and yes your choice to be unvaccinated is great, but you get what you get. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

Still effective against preventing serious illness, but if that many vaccinated people could be spreading it you know what that means.....

Fletch

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 9:56 PM

We are well on our way to herd immunity the natural way

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 9:06 AM
posted by TedSheckler

Because sCiEnCe!

Political sCiEnCe!

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 1:44 PM

No surprise in this article that white evangelicals are the clear and away demographic that refuse to get vaccinated.  Being that Alabama, where I live, is full of them, we are almost last in vaccine rates.  This demographic seems to pose a similar threat to our sanity as the woke idiots.  Jesus will save us!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9835083/Around-24-white-evangelical-protestants-say-wont-vaccinated.html

gut

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 1:49 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

No surprise in this article that white evangelicals are the clear and away demographic that refuse to get vaccinated. 

Groupthink is always interesting.  You'd expect a more equal distribution of stupid people, but nope.

The other funny thing is how people kind of flipped on the vaccine after the election.  You'd think MAGA land would be lining up for EXTRA doses of the Trump vaccine.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 2:03 PM
posted by gut

Groupthink is always interesting.  You'd expect a more equal distribution of stupid people, but nope.

The other funny thing is how people kind of flipped on the vaccine after the election.  You'd think MAGA land would be lining up for EXTRA doses of the Trump vaccine.

Biden pissed in it once he entered office.  

The hard core Trumpers I interact with "don't trust the vaccine".  When it's pointed out that Trump was the president when it was created, they say "well, yeah, but he had been compromised by the powers that eventually attempted the coup and therefore lost control of it's development".  You cannot reason with this.  Another guy I spoke with Monday said, "The FDA hasn't even approved it".  But when it was pointed out that he doesn't trust the government, so how would this change things, he said, "Yeah, but it would at least make it more compelling."

I love living down here and I'm glad they didn't go democrat butt ass about Covid.  But the flip side of that is that sometimes you run up against the evangelical take on things and it can be frustrating.

geeblock

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 2:40 PM

jmog

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 3:33 PM

All the COVID lockdowns reminds me of this line in the DoI.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdvLaDu4/

superman

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 7:03 PM
posted by geeblock

Wtf? 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 7:08 PM
posted by superman

Wtf? 

I've been trying to figure that out myself. It's like some weird abstract art exhibit.

Fletch

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 7:58 AM

The definition of “substantial” transmission in an area, per the CDC, is 50 to 99.99 new cases in the last seven days per 100,000 persons. The definition of “high” transmission is equal to or more than 100 new cases in the last seven days per 100,000 persons. The CDC posted current rates for specific counties on its website.

So the old definition of low transmission is now considered "substantial"???  Got it.  And "high" is anything over .001% of the population.  These people are idiots.

QuakerOats

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 11:25 AM

Indeed they are.  We are light years away from it being about the virus; it is 100% political at this point. 

The People are completely disgusted with the bureaucrats/politicians/ruling elite.

kizer permanente

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 11:31 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Indeed they are.  We are light years away from it being about the virus; it is 100% political at this point. 

The People are completely disgusted with the bureaucrats/politicians/ruling elite.

So last year it was Political to wear masks and limit indoor dining etc.. to hurt Trump. This year its Political to wear masks and limit indoor dining etc.. to ... *checks notes* help Biden.