Covid-19 discussion, continued...

geeblock

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 11:35 AM

Im not saying its small but i would group it more with the "mid range" group of schools from 5-8000 than i would group it with the "largest"

queencitybuckeye

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 11:41 AM
posted by geeblock

Im not saying its small but i would group it more with the "mid range" group of schools from 5-8000 than i would group it with the "largest"

I'd disagree. Tossing out the top three as outliers (the 3 C's) gives a better measure of large districts. Dublin, Hillard, Olentangy, etc. are certainly large districts in my book.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 11:45 AM

Centerville is in the top 3% in the state…..so it’s a damn big school in Ohio 

geeblock

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 11:46 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

I'd disagree. Tossing out the top three as outliers (the 3 C's) gives a better measure of large districts. Dublin, Hillard, Olentangy, etc. are certainly large districts in my book.

dublin, hilliard and olentangy I would call large for sure..they are up in the 16,000 range and with their proximity to the city are way more condensed.  they also have double the amount of buildings in a much smaller area.  its splitting hairs, but when it comes to covid, proximity and amount of buildings also matter.  Some of the country schools, I almost could include olentangy in that, even tho they have a lot of students, their populations are more spread out. Its not something i am saying anyone is wrong, just providing context.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 11:46 AM

Look, I hate to agree with Splotch as well but he's not wrong.

geeblock

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 11:48 AM
posted by Ironman92

Centerville is in the top 3% in the state…..so it’s a damn big school in Ohio 

it does have a big high school, i didnt say it was small, but there are also schools with 50 students in ohio. 

TedSheckler

Emporium Entrepreneur

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 12:01 PM

Cleveland Metropolitan School District is mandating masks for all students and staff this year.

geeblock

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 12:03 PM

Columbus said a few weeks ago that we would be back with no masks and full capacity, but now with cases going up im afraid thats not going to happen and i got rid of most of my masks. smh.  I am currently teaching summer school and we have to wear them.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 12:05 PM

Btw, that stat came from the AP analyzing CDC data from the past 6 months and essentially guessing a number. A very wrong guess I would bet.

geeblock

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 12:12 PM

the stat  i heard was 96 percent of people hospitalized were non vaccinated.  is that accurate?  i didnt hear the one about the deaths. 

Fletch

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 12:26 PM
posted by geeblock

8000 isnt small but definitely not one of the largest

STFU….per the OHSAA there are a grand total of 3 schools in the state that has enrollment for boys and girls both over 1000.  CENTERVILLE is one of them.  So yea it’s definitely one of the largest.  3rd out of over 800 to be exact

Fletch

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 12:27 PM
posted by geeblock

the stat  i heard was 96 percent of people hospitalized were non vaccinated.  is that accurate?  i didnt hear the one about the deaths. 

The  curve has been flattened.

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 12:32 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

600, give or take.

Don't get me started on how big of a waste of money this number represents. 

geeblock

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 1:17 PM
posted by Fletch

STFU….per the OHSAA there are a grand total of 3 schools in the state that has enrollment for boys and girls both over 1000.  CENTERVILLE is one of them.  So yea it’s definitely one of the largest.  3rd out of over 800 to be exact

That is the high school.. u said district. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 12:21 PM

You know, for safety...

TedSheckler

Emporium Entrepreneur

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 1:13 PM

Have you seem any more of the insanity in Sydney, Australia?  They don't even want you TALKING to other people!  These people are crazy.  All after ONE Covid death of an 80-year old.

gut

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 1:44 PM

^^^I don't think think that lady has had "friendly relations" in quite some time.

Again, it's ironic after years of lectures about mental health (which, surprisingly, is generally a rational, well-founded issue)....that everyone is completely ignoring mental health trying to protect people from Covid.

And, of course, a lot of these people don't follow their own rules.  They want everyone else to sacrifice so that they, personally, can continue living their own life more safely.  Basically it's Covid Communism.

gut

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 3:28 PM

And speaking of "follow the science", NFL is threatening to forfeit games if schedules can't be move because a team has a Covid outbreak.

Despite no evidence of on-field transmission between teams with UNVACCINATED players, the NFL is just going to go along pretending vaccinated players have virtually no risk of serious illness and penalize teams for a breakthru infection.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 3:33 PM
posted by gut

And speaking of "follow the science", NFL is threatening to forfeit games if schedules can't be move because a team has a Covid outbreak.

Despite no evidence of on-field transmission between teams with UNVACCINATED players, the NFL is just going to go along pretending vaccinated players have virtually no risk of serious illness and penalize teams for a breakthru infection.

It also looks like they are still going to test vaccinated players, which makes no sense. They’re basically trying to force all players and staff to be vaccinated.

gut

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 3:46 PM
posted by iclfan2

They’re basically trying to force all players and staff to be vaccinated.

Which, if that's the goal, doesn't it make more sense to LIFT restrictions for vaccinated players?  You know, give them an incentive to get vaccinated?

The vaccines aren't 100% effective against infection.  Unless the NFL changes that mandate right before the season, they've painted themselves into a corner because teams are going to have vaccinated players test positive.  And if everyone is vaccinated, there's no reason to give a shit about that.

Waiting for the union to tell Goofwell to go fuck himself.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 4:19 PM

Is this real?

friendfromlowry

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 8:23 PM

Reopening our Covid unit at work. Just six beds for now. I forget when we closed it completely. Couple months ago maybe.