justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 1:52 PM

I don't have access to the vaccine or a photocopier send help

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 1:53 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Yes and we had over 600 die yesterday and have a higher vaccination rate. 

They would look at us and think we are insane for not doing more. 

That said, for here, I'm not in favor of any additional mask mandates. I agree with a lot of you on here that it is on the unvaccinated now to get their shit together. 

Who is this "we"?

There were 230 deaths reported in the US yesterday. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 1:56 PM

I've found the best strategy is to call people dumb as shit until they do what I want them to.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 5:00 PM
posted by Ironman92

Call them dumb or whatever for not getting vaccinated but not buying any part of the lack of availability or access.

Yeah add me as another one who calls bullshit . Anybody that wants the vaccine by now can make it happen.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 5:01 PM

I have a buddy that lives there, from the UK. He leans on the conservative side and is fine with it for several reasons. 1. The vaccination rates are still pretty low there. I think it is less than 20% of the population is fully vaccination. 2. Their level of risk tolerance there is low. He says, they look at us and think we are insane for the amount of deaths we have had and that we are failing given the number of vaccines available and our rates. 

He agrees it sucks, but then he says, looking at the alternative, like here, and the deaths, he is fine with it.  

Like nearly all things...it is a matter of perspective. 

He sounds just as conservative as you are a moderate.

gut

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 5:29 PM
posted by like_that

Yeah, one 80-yr old dead is not perspective, it's perception (in this case, heavily influenced by group-think).

jmog

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 5:38 PM
posted by like_that

I was thinking the same thing and was about to post it.

I am sure he’s conservative compared to Bernie Sanders.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 5:58 PM

Boris Johnson is a "conservative" isn't he? Excuse me while I lol at "UK conservative" as some sort of meaningful label.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 6:30 PM
posted by justincredible

A simple “no thanks” and waking out is the only worthy response if you’d rather not. It sends the message without being a prick. 

I'd pull out my wad of 100 dollar bills and fan myself with them, first.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 6:34 PM
posted by justincredible

I had to wear masks on an airplane recently and it sucked. 

It's their right to require it.  You could have always refused the service and jumped off!

(for CC: *should of)

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 7:41 PM

The only reason someone doesn't have a vaccine now is that they don't want it. Lack of access is BS.  I would bet if you can't get out to get it, there are multiple services that will come and give it to you. 

If someone doesn't want it, that's their business. But I am sick of the Faucis of the world influencing restriction on all of us in order to protect people that clearly don't want the protection. I wish we could quit talking about Covid. 

Trump didn't help the pandemic and he didn't develop a vaccine. Biden hasn't helped the pandemic, had nothing to do with getting the vaccine out and hasn't a clue what to do going forward. Covid doesn't give a fuck about US politics and will run whatever course it's going to run. Let's move on with our lives. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 8:38 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

The only reason someone doesn't have a vaccine now is that they don't want it. Lack of access is BS.  I would bet if you can't get out to get it, there are multiple services that will come and give it to you. 

There are places around where I live where you can pull up to a drive thru and get it. Don't have to get out of your vehicle. If you want it, it's there.

Fletch

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 9:11 PM

Fauci should be in jail for lying to Congress.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 10:30 PM

My local school board voted 3-2 to have students and staff wear masks or shields in the building to start the year.

I imagine this will be GREATLY fought

kizer permanente

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 6:39 AM
posted by Ironman92

My local school board voted 3-2 to have students and staff wear masks or shields in the building to start the year.

I imagine this will be GREATLY fought

I'd imagine until theres a vaccine avaialble to kids under 12, schools are gonna require masks. Once its available to them and theyve had ample time to get it, I'd imagine you'll see the rules relaxed. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 7:49 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I wish we could quit talking about Covid. 

100% this.  I'm sorry, but we are only talking about COVID because of the politicization of it all.  We are not talking about it because of the medical ramifications.  Anything and everything aside from the politicization of it is distantly secondary.

Fletch

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 8:04 AM

Saw where Centerville schools went no masks for school.  They are one of the largest districts in the syate

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 8:16 AM
posted by Fletch

Saw where Centerville schools went no masks for school.  They are one of the largest districts in the syate

Blanchester axed them back in late April before anyone else….they’ll definitely not go the mask route unless forced.

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 9:12 AM

Yes, get vaccinated. Because, what is it like 99% of the deaths are unvaccinated. Yeah, I know we won't get to great vaccination rates anytime soon because of people being stupid, but also people not having access or the ability to get it. 

There is a large portion of the population that have a very good chance of not having serious reactions to the virus. Of those, there is a ~50% subset who have a low risk of a VERY serious side effect from the vaccines. My son falls into this group. He will not be vaccinated and even though it's my choice and opinion that he not be vaccinated, his Cardiologist is the one who told me that he is in no circumstance to get this vaccine until the medical community can determine the exact cause of the myocarditis issues and they understand the long term risk of it to someone with major heart problems like my son's.

So to my son "get his shit together" means wear a mask when he can't eliminate the risk of close contact. We are fine with that.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 10:29 AM
posted by j_crazy

There is a large portion of the population that have a very good chance of not having serious reactions to the virus. Of those, there is a ~50% subset who have a low risk of a VERY serious side effect from the vaccines. My son falls into this group. He will not be vaccinated and even though it's my choice and opinion that he not be vaccinated, his Cardiologist is the one who told me that he is in no circumstance to get this vaccine until the medical community can determine the exact cause of the myocarditis issues and they understand the long term risk of it to someone with major heart problems like my son's.

So to my son "get his shit together" means wear a mask when he can't eliminate the risk of close contact. We are fine with that.

No doubt about it in the case of your son. And I hope he stays healthy. There are undoubtedly many people in this circumstance. As a responsible family, you are taking the necessary precautions. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 10:44 AM

I always thought ptown was a dude...

geeblock

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 11:19 AM
posted by Fletch

8000 isnt small but definitely not one of the largest

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 11:23 AM
posted by geeblock

8000 isnt small but definitely not one of the largest

Looks like top 20. How many districts in the state?

geeblock

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 11:27 AM
posted by justincredible

its top 20, but there is a big disparity between the top 10 and top 20.  Not sure how many total districts.  It only has 12 buildings for example.  2700 in its high school which is a big number but overall its not very condensed.  CCS has 115 buildings in contrast.

https://www.niche.com/k12/search/largest-school-districts/s/ohio/

queencitybuckeye

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 11:30 AM
posted by justincredible

600, give or take.