Covid-19 discussion, continued...

friendfromlowry

Thu, Jul 15, 2021 5:54 PM

Los Angeles county going back to wearing masks indoors this weekend. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Jul 15, 2021 6:04 PM

Saw tonight's Yankees-Red Sox game was canceled due to a positive test on the Yanks.

Made me LOL at ESPN and MLB for their decision to only have that game today and on TV under their provision that Boston-NYY >>>>>>> Everyone Else.

gut

Thu, Jul 15, 2021 6:59 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Los Angeles county going back to wearing masks indoors this weekend. 

So I guess the Party of Science is back to autocratic decisions with no scientific basis...

About 2/3 of adults are vaccinated, and even though Phizer is reported only 66% effective against Delta, your risk of serious illness/death (if vaccinated) is still lower than the flu.  And kids under 12 are, I think, no higher risk than they are normally from the flu.

We don't do any of this for the flu and no one says anything about it.  Although I wouldn't bet, if Covid hangs around a few more years, that Karen-like factions won't emerge demanding people wear masks everywhere.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Jul 15, 2021 10:26 PM

I’m beyond tired of catering to people who didn’t get vaccinated. The NYT article I read about LA county masking back up stated that while a lot of people were vaccinated and thus protected from the Delta strain, there were still many not. Who fucking cares? That’s their problem at this point. I also don’t give a shit kids can’t get vaccinated. When were the children’s hospitals ever overrun? Remember when schools were returning to classroom learning and everyone against it said “it’s not about the students, it’s about protecting the staff!” 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Jul 15, 2021 11:06 PM

The only people that care about any of this are already vaccinated. It's just that they're miserable people and want every one else to share their misery.

sportchampps

Fri, Jul 16, 2021 12:02 AM

I don’t think anyone who not vaccinated wants anyone to cater to them Democrats just want people to cater to their fears

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jul 16, 2021 5:11 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I’m beyond tired of catering to people who didn’t get vaccinated. The NYT article I read about LA county masking back up stated that while a lot of people were vaccinated and thus protected from the Delta strain, there were still many not. Who fucking cares? That’s their problem at this point. I also don’t give a shit kids can’t get vaccinated. When were the children’s hospitals ever overrun? Remember when schools were returning to classroom learning and everyone against it said “it’s not about the students, it’s about protecting the staff!” 

Agreed, except I’ve long been tired of catering to ANYONE who still wants to live in fear. Your safety is not my responsibility nor is it the state’s. As I said a couple days ago, if you are still ok with ANY type of restrictions you can go fuck yourself.

gut

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 9:23 AM

This is fascinating, on many many levels.   Who knew the NFL had so many Tucker Carlson followers?  Or it's another bullshit narrative and the unvaccinated aren't all just ignorant Trump voters....

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/07/16/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-covid-19-vaccines-training-camp/stories/202107160095

So 30% of players still haven't been vaccinated, despite being subjected to daily testing if they haven't been vaccinated?  Not the most encouraging evidence - just short of an "employer mandate" and compliance is barely higher than the national average.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 9:42 AM

Why is the NFL even mass testing the best athletes in the world at this point?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 9:43 AM

Of course it's a bullshit narrative.

gut

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 9:52 AM
posted by like_that

Why is the NFL even mass testing the best athletes in the world at this point?

Goofwell is all about optics.

If they start moving games again because a team had 1 positive test I might finally give up on the NFL.  Gets harder and harder every year as they turn it into the Arena League.

Fletch

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 11:36 AM

No Fun League

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 11:58 AM

If it really was Maga people they wouldn’t have had whoever that young chick pop star was trying to talk people into getting vaccinated. It’s young people not getting vaccinated, which makes sense since they are the least at risk. 99% of hospitalizations with Covid are unvaccinated. That’s their choice, so drop any other Covid related bullshit rules. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 12:07 PM

Fletch

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 12:09 PM

Funny how the narrative is that 99% of hospitalization is unvaccinated where for over a year it was all about total numbers of hospitalized.  What the media isn’t telling you is that even though hospitalization are 99%,  it’s only a few dozen people in each staye

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 8:25 PM

They hate you 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 9:23 PM
posted by iclfan2

They hate you 

Between the Covid fear mongers and the vaccine fear mongers, we're probably leave oking at this state for perpetuity. 

friendfromlowry

Sun, Jul 18, 2021 12:20 AM

Anyone else think the olympics quickly becomes derailed? Sounds like a couple of athletes there have already tested positive. I could see before too long numerous events being canceled every day. Maybe an entire event is wiped out. Like there were no water polo matches at all because of numerous athletes testing positive.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Jul 18, 2021 7:10 AM

Wear the masks libs! 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Jul 18, 2021 8:21 AM

TwO wEEks 2 FLatTeN tEH CuRvE!

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Jul 18, 2021 9:13 AM
posted by like_that

TwO wEEks 2 FLatTeN tEH CuRvE!

VacCInES KiLL! 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Jul 18, 2021 11:24 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

VacCInES KiLL! 

Not directed at you like-that, just another nonsensical message that is out there. 

gut

Sun, Jul 18, 2021 11:10 PM
posted by Ironman92

Lord they’ll get shot here in southern Ohio where they are proud of their 30% vaccination rate

Then we need to implement no-knock vaccinations!