Covid-19 discussion, continued...

BR1986FB

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 8:45 PM
posted by gut

Which, if that's the goal, doesn't it make more sense to LIFT restrictions for vaccinated players?  You know, give them an incentive to get vaccinated?

The vaccines aren't 100% effective against infection.  Unless the NFL changes that mandate right before the season, they've painted themselves into a corner because teams are going to have vaccinated players test positive.  And if everyone is vaccinated, there's no reason to give a shit about that.

Waiting for the union to tell Goofwell to go fuck himself.

Exactly. So if a vaccinated player ends up getting Covid and it causes the team to have to forfeit, then what? Pure bullshit.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 9:18 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Reopening our Covid unit at work. Just six beds for now. I forget when we closed it completely. Couple months ago maybe. 

By case number we are back to where we were in late May

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 9:57 PM

posted by gut

^^^I don't think think that lady has had "friendly relations" in quite some time.

Again, it's ironic after years of lectures about mental health (which, surprisingly, is generally a rational, well-founded issue)....that everyone is completely ignoring mental health trying to protect people from Covid.

And, of course, a lot of these people don't follow their own rules.  They want everyone else to sacrifice so that they, personally, can continue living their own life more safely.  Basically it's Covid Communism.

I think the problem is that our country is so full of stupid that nothing really matters now.

A fucking disease has turned political to the degree that if you're like me and have a strong immune system (been 4-5 years since I've even had more than the sniffles), you're a prick for not locking yourself away in seclusion for months on end in the eyes of some. And if you advocate for masks in public places, getting vaccinated and so forth, you're a tool of the libtard gubment in the eyes of others.

Reason Number #3570328502 why I fucking hate our system. You can't even work out common sense precautions for Flu Times Two (or Three) because everyone has to make it fit their agenda and we live in a place where agendas have to be totally opposite or someone's letting their base down.

As a society, we deserve Captain Trips.

BR1986FB

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 4:45 PM

Just scheduled a second interview for a candidate in St Louis. The HR lady that I'm working with e-mailed me and said that masks were required for the interview due to St Louis City & County reinstating mask requirements starting Monday. Oh boy...

Gardens35

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 5:30 PM

I'm in Los Angeles right now. County indoor mask requirement went into effect yesterday. Compliance looks to be 100% indoors, with well over 50% wearing the mask while outdoors. The rest of us have them around our neck while outdoors.

Hotels and businesses have posted a "two person" limit on elevators, but that is ignored.

No seating limits yet for restaurants, clubs etc.

LA County reported 2700 new cases yesterday. It's population is just about 10 million......pretty close to Ohio's.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 5:37 PM

I can’t imagine being such a loser that I’d wear a mask outdoors. FoLloW thE ScIencE

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 10:04 AM

I'm sorry, what?

Fletch

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 10:05 AM

.00027% of the population.  Only on liberal America will you impose BS regulations on a healthy population for that small of a %.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 11:03 AM
posted by Fletch

.00027% of the population.  Only on liberal America will you impose BS regulations on a healthy population for that small of a %.

It's not just America. It seems to be a global mentality. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 11:18 AM

Exciting times

gut

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 3:16 PM
posted by Ironman92

Exciting times

Just wait until boosters or annual shots are required....and then wait and see what happens when re-vaccination rates fall off a cliff.

Fletch

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 4:28 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVcvCPTANMI

Start at 10:30 and at 12:00 he absolutely admits that he knew, the NIH knew and the Chinese scientists in callaboration in the research.

Also at 13 minutes he passes blame on the fact that he knew what was going on and said "its complicated" as his excuse.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 4:31 PM
posted by gut

Just wait until boosters or annual shots are required....and then wait and see what happens when re-vaccination rates fall off a cliff.

Just tell me because I don’t really know

friendfromlowry

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 7:11 PM
posted by Fletch

Start at 10:30 and at 12:00 he absolutely admits that he knew, the NIH knew and the Chinese scientists in callaboration in the research.

Also at 13 minutes he passes blame on the fact that he knew what was going on and said "its complicated" as his excuse.

Ironically enough around the 16 minute mark he says when the outbreak started he was just trying to warn people that this was serious and not just going to go away, which annoyed a lot of Trump loyalists. And here you are, whining every day to extent you made a duplicate account because everyone was ignoring you. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 8:59 PM
posted by Fletch

Sorry, but I'm not watching. I've seen enough of this guy to last me a lifetime. Talk about someone who never saw a camera he didn't love. There is no reason he should be the face of the pandemic. He is one of many, many advisors to the president and he brings one particular emphasis - public health - that must be weighed against lots of other considerations. John Q. Public should never be so familiar with an advisor level beaurocrat like this - regardless of what area he's advising on. 

I'll be fine if I never see him again. Can't wait 'til his book comes out. It'll be called "The Fight to Save" or some other bullshit. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 10:24 PM

If I could launch one person into the sun it would be Anthony Fauci.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 10:30 PM
posted by justincredible

Where do I rank on this list 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jul 24, 2021 10:36 PM
posted by justincredible

Make sure he has his mask on to protect him

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Jul 25, 2021 9:12 AM
posted by justincredible

What about CC and his burner account?

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Jul 25, 2021 11:55 AM
posted by gut

Nothing's required now, so how would that change.  The "they're coming to your door" crowd - which seems to be invoked when any crisis comes along, hasn't happened (surprise). 

Here in Alabama, we enjoy one of the lowest vaccine rates in the country. Many voices say "it hasn't even been approved yet" - as if they know what that actually entails. These are often the same people who claim to not trust the Deep State. 

It's like listening to the worst science student in your high school class try to educate you on the details of medicine and chemistry. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Jul 25, 2021 1:49 PM

This will definitely make people get the vaccine! Also, fuck off

superman

Sun, Jul 25, 2021 2:22 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Nothing's required now, so how would that change.  The "they're coming to your door" crowd - which seems to be invoked when any crisis comes along, hasn't happened (surprise).

https://youtu.be/UDy0kOKOx64 

They literally said they will go door-to-door

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Jul 25, 2021 2:56 PM
posted by superman

https://youtu.be/UDy0kOKOx64 

They literally said they will go door-to-door

That's not the same as "the KGB is coming to force you". It's handing out brochures and stupid crap like that. A waste of time, but hardly the assault the fear mongering makes it out to be. 

majorspark

Sun, Jul 25, 2021 4:15 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

That's not the same as "the KGB is coming to force you". It's handing out brochures and stupid crap like that. A waste of time, but hardly the assault the fear mongering makes it out to be. 

The government has more subtle means to get you to comply.

sportchampps

Sun, Jul 25, 2021 4:42 PM

Jon Rahm has to think Covid is ridiculous at this point. Missed out on 1.7 million in Columbus and now the Olympics testing positive twice in two months and he’s vaccinated.