OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:28 AM
posted by vball10set

this just means Fields will be a Buckeye--and as far as "falling outside the Top 10"? just relax--remember that this is just the early signing period, and this also doesn't include Zach Harrison committing at 12:30 pm

Also lost a 4 star db. I’m not saying the sky is falling, just pointing it out over this dumb Weber argument. I’d love to have Fields, don’t see how he’s going to get out of sitting for a year though.

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:29 AM
posted by iclfan2

Also lost a 4 star db

win some, lose some...bfd

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:32 AM
posted by vball10set

win some, lose some...bfd

Sorry for putting some actual news in the fucking Ohio state thread bro.

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:38 AM
posted by iclfan2

Sorry for putting some actual news in the fucking Ohio state thread bro.

no need to apologize, I'm just saying we've all seen this movie before, so IMO it's no big deal...post away...bro.

Spock

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:50 AM
posted by wildcats20

Getting a paycheck to play the game you’ve trained your whole life for versus having to go to class, not get paid, and risk your future? 

League minimum will do just fine. 

All OSU starters end up with great jobs and are financially secure when the OSU alums give them good jobs.  

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:53 AM
posted by Spock

All OSU starters end up with great jobs and are financially secure when the OSU alums give them good jobs.  

You clearly don’t get this. 

queencitybuckeye

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 12:05 PM
posted by Spock

You guys can bash all you want but Weber isnt anything special.  Mark my words......he will never have a meaningful NFL career.  Playing for the glory of being a buckeye for another year, potential team captain......are all reasons to stay instead of getting the league minimum on the scout team.

The scout team minimum is more than a jim teacher makes.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 12:10 PM

No reason to get defensive vball. He’s just pointing out osu news on an osu thread. 

Losing that 4-star QB recruit hurts, no matter what kind of spin you want to bring to the table. Pretty easy to say “well that must mean fields is coming to OSU!” But you don’t know that for sure. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 12:10 PM
posted by Spock

You are dumb

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 12:34 PM

So, in CC's mind, spending another year as a platoon back w/o (legit, above the table, non-violation) pay, so he can be a captain, make fans happy and get a job at a Columbus car dealership or insurance company outranks getting paid real $$$ and try for a real career in the sport he's played his entire life WHEN the general consensus is that his stock won't be getting any higher. Where even lasting for 2-3 years as a scout team back/back-up/platoon back/special teams gunner would pay better than many, many years at the non-NFL job. L...O...L

In shit that has actual importance, losing a couple players isn't ideal or anything, but not a real surprise given that Urban's name is a huge selling point and not having him around would likely have an effect on some kids and give them reason to step back, think a bit and change their minds. Getting Harrison would be great, if that is the case, as that'd be drawing in a 5-star who was undecided and rumored to be leaning elsewhere until very recently -- the sort of thing that shows people that just because the name at the top changed, the expectations, whether in recruiting or elsewhere, are staying the same.

Automatik

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 12:36 PM
posted by Spock

Didn't you once state you didn't get a pay increase for the past EIGHT YEARS?

The fuck do you know about getting money?? LOL

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 12:37 PM

And it's official; Harrison is a Buck! Huge get!

SportsAndLady

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 12:51 PM
posted by Heretic

And it's official; Harrison is a Buck! Huge get!

Watched the live stream, kid is sharp! He’s going to be a good one. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 12:56 PM

BOOM!!!!

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 12:58 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

No reason to get defensive vball. He’s just pointing out osu news on an osu thread. 

Losing that 4-star QB recruit hurts, no matter what kind of spin you want to bring to the table. Pretty easy to say “well that must mean fields is coming to OSU!” But you don’t know that for sure. 

damn, S&L, I can get defensive if I want-lol...you get defensive regarding Jayhawk bball, amirite? and fwiw, of course I don't know for sure, but I can damn well speculate--and losing a 4 star QB to Georgia hurts?!? TBD

SportsAndLady

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 1:15 PM
posted by vball10set

damn, S&L, I can get defensive if I want-lol...you get defensive regarding Jayhawk bball, amirite? and fwiw, of course I don't know for sure, but I can damn well speculate--and losing a 4 star QB to Georgia hurts?!? TBD

Defensive much?

QBs are incredibly important. Losing a top rated one hurts. Does it crumble the program? No. Does it hurt? Yes. Stop being so damn sensitive. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 5:00 PM

Ryan Day already making moves. Set to hire Okie State OC Mike Yurcich

Spock

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 5:16 PM

Jesus.....the first possession didnt look good

Classyposter58

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 5:38 PM

Just run it 100 times if they’re gonna sit in a zone like that

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 6:05 PM

Haskins is making himself a lot of money tonight. 

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 6:09 PM

I’m sure he’ll privably have a pick 6 after I post this, but Tuf Borland is not very good. He’s so slow. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 6:17 PM

Washington is not a good football team. The fact that they are 9th is laughable. 

Spock

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 6:32 PM

Where has this version of Weber been all year?

superman

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 7:42 PM

Need a special teams score to send Urban it in style.  

Classyposter58

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 8:03 PM

Washington’s QB is so so bad