OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

vball10set

paying it forward

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 8:05 AM

12-1, back-to-back B1G champs, beat ttun again....I'm just going to enjoy Haskins & Meyer while they're here, and not worry about shoulda-woulda-coulda...and above all, thank God I'm not a skunkbear fan. Go Bucks.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 8:06 AM

Shots fired...

vball10set

paying it forward

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 8:07 AM
posted by Spock

Urban getting outcoached again.

lol...gfy

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 8:17 AM
posted by Classyposter58

Why? We have only played 3 teams still currently ranked this season, lost to a 6-6 team by 29, and  that should be enough to play for a title? Give me a break 

12-1 with a couple quality wins gets SEC teams in the playoffs, why doesn’t it get Ohio State?

slingshot4ever

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 8:21 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

12-1 with a couple quality wins gets SEC teams in the playoffs, why doesn’t it get Ohio State?

Three undefeated teams sealed our doom.  One interesting thought though.  Any chance OSU could jump ND?

Two common opponents where OSU performed better than ND and a conference championship as well?  Probably a pipe dream, but at least interesting to think about.  

queencitybuckeye

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 8:40 AM

Interesting that fivethirtyeight is predicting OU and tOSU in, ND out. Not buying but would love to hear the howls if it happened.

My take is that 4-5 is really close in my eyes, based on my criteria, not the committee's, whose stated criteria seems to change like the wind:

Better wins: slight edge tOSU. 

Less impactful loss (term is mine only to avoid using "best or good loss" - there's no such thing): edge OU

Better schedule - don't need stats, just working eyes to see B1G is substantially better than B12: edge tOSU

Consistency over the course of the year: edge OU

At voting time, I'd have to go with OU by the smallest of margins.

superman

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 9:22 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

Three undefeated teams sealed our doom.  One interesting thought though.  Any chance OSU could jump ND?

Two common opponents where OSU performed better than ND and a conference championship as well?  Probably a pipe dream, but at least interesting to think about.  

I think this is the only way we get in.  ESPN has no financial interest in promoting Notre Dame therefore, they don't get the benefit of the ESPN push.  

queencitybuckeye

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 9:24 AM
posted by superman

I think this is the only way we get in.  ESPN has no financial interest in promoting Notre Dame therefore, they don't get the benefit of the ESPN push.  

Compared to OU? Lots more eyes on screens.

superman

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 9:27 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Compared to OU? Lots more eyes on screens.

But they don't have the financial relationship with Notre Dame that they do with the SEC and the ACC.  

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 9:33 AM

If they leave out an undefeated ND, it will almost certainly be 8 teams ASAP. 

friendfromlowry

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 9:44 AM

ESPN's playoff predictor scrolling along the bottom of the screen just had OSU's chances at 71%, OU at 26%, and Georgia at 5%. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 9:45 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

ESPN's playoff predictor scrolling along the bottom of the screen just had OSU's chances at 71%, OU at 26%, and Georgia at 5%. 

I’ve seen that pop up on twitter like 15 times in the past 5 min. I just don’t get how they are coming to that conclusion. But, we’ll see. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 9:50 AM

I mean, if we're going off what the committee always says, OSU SHOULD be a lock. They don't care if you lose to a lesser team earlier in the year, as long as it's your only loss and you improve. OSU did just that. They SHOULD be in, but I'm not holding my breath.

queencitybuckeye

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 10:31 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

and Hillary Clinton is POTUS.

Spock

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 10:31 AM

I think their are people behind the scenes that went more revenue, that means more games.  So they do stuff like jumping people in final polls to get it pushed through.  Or OSU gets in for the opposite reason.  They want it to stay at 4 teams and if the Big 1G gets left out again......the shit hits the fan

slingshot4ever

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 10:54 AM

I hope we get in...I just can't see it

cat_lover

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 11:21 AM

Hoping OSU gets in,thinking they get left out. We shall see in about 40 minutues. GO BUCKS!!

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 11:22 AM

So sick of these idiot talking heads desperately trying to put Georgia in the playoffs. I mean, Paul Finebaum has Georgia at THREE. I mean, at what point did losing games not matter to people? Finebaum has a 2 loss team ahead of an undefeated team. 

This system is straight broke

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 11:32 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

So sick of these idiot talking heads desperately trying to put Georgia in the playoffs. I mean, Paul Finebaum has Georgia at THREE. I mean, at what point did losing games not matter to people? Finebaum has a 2 loss team ahead of an undefeated team. 

This system is straight broke

Herbie apparently had them at 3 during the Clemson game last night too. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 11:33 AM
posted by wildcats20

Herbie apparently had them at 3 during the Clemson game last night too. 

Herbstreit can eat a dick. EVERYONE is a homer for their team around this time; Herbie, who can really help OSU, decides to say fuck them and puts other teams in front of them. Such a douche.

slingshot4ever

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 11:49 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Herbstreit can eat a dick. EVERYONE is a homer for their team around this time; Herbie, who can really help OSU, decides to say fuck them and puts other teams in front of them. Such a douche.

His twin boys are going to be preferred walk ons at Clemson....

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:48 PM

At some point you have to actually win the games. Georgia lost their two toughest games. Yeah, they are probably the 3rd best team in America...but you know what? They had their chance and lost. You gotta actually win some games.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:57 PM
posted by Laley23

At some point you have to actually win the games. Georgia lost their two toughest games. Yeah, they are probably the 3rd best team in America...but you know what? They had their chance and lost. You gotta actually win some games.

This is why this process sucks. You got a bunch of dudes just subjectively saying who’s best. The system is flawed. How the HELL do you not have an 8 team playoff system? Danny Kanell tweeted his idea. It’s genius and makes so much more money for the ncaa. Why are we still asking old dudes to choose the best 4 teams between 5-7 teams every year? 

queencitybuckeye

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 2:13 PM
posted by Laley23

Some losses rightly cost more than others, but a loss should always cost the losing team. Georgia lost, that it was close doesn't earn them a do-over. It should not elevate their status. No loss should.

superman

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 2:22 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

He's the same POS that claims he moved to Nashville because of OSU's fans. It was one OSU fan.  It was the cop whose wife he was banging.