OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Nov 28, 2018 2:12 PM
posted by BR1986FB ...so that's an excuse for the defenses sucking.

There's never an excuse for a defense to suck...if they suck, they suck.

queencitybuckeye

Wed, Nov 28, 2018 2:21 PM

B1G > Big 12 and it ain't even close. That's what's relevant to me, tiebreaker-wise.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Nov 28, 2018 10:46 PM

If Oklahoma wins by 17+....doesn’t matter what OSU does

If Oklahoma wins by 10-14 and pretty well controls the game....OSU no chance unless they dominate 41-14 like

Oklahoma wins a close one and OSU never really in doubt and wins by 14+.....maybe

Oklahoma wins a tight one and OSU dominates.....50/50 imo

If OSU barely wins and Oklahoma wins....no way OSU jumps

If Georgia loses in a closeand competitive game....ugh, but they really don’t have a great resume

8 teams seems so easy 

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 7:48 AM
posted by Ironman92

If Oklahoma wins by 10-14 and pretty well controls the game....OSU no chance unless they dominate 41-14 like

Oklahoma wins a close one and OSU never really in doubt and wins by 14+.....maybe

lol..you're funny

BR1986FB

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 9:21 AM
posted by Ironman92

If Georgia loses in a closeand competitive game....ugh, but they really don’t have a great resume

8 teams seems so easy 

Actually, after hearing one of the guys from the committee talk about this on the radio yesterday, we had all better become Texas fans at about noon on Saturday because it sounds like if Oklahoma wins, they're in....regardless of scores/closeness of games.

slingshot4ever

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 9:24 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Actually, after hearing one of the guys from the committee talk about this on the radio yesterday, we had all better become Texas fans at about noon on Saturday because it sounds like if Oklahoma wins, they're in....regardless of scores/closeness of games.

That's how I feel as well.  The one scenario no one talks about though.....Let's say Bama and Oklahoma both win, but Clemson loses to unranked Pitt.

Could OSU get in over Clemson?

SportsAndLady

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 9:35 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

That's how I feel as well.  The one scenario no one talks about though.....Let's say Bama and Oklahoma both win, but Clemson loses to unranked Pitt.

Could OSU get in over Clemson?

Clemson would be out. They have zero good wins. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 9:42 AM

If Clemson loses to Pitt, Dabo should probably re-evaluate what he is doing. Pitt is garbage. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 9:43 AM

Likely not happening but what if Georgia, Oklahoma AND OSU all lost, then who would get in?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 9:45 AM

UCF. 

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 9:57 AM
posted by wildcats20

UCF. 

If they win, not a sure thing without their QB.

BR1986FB

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 9:59 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

When this was discussed on the radio yesterday, it was mentioned that they'd likely get passed by because of the QB situation.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 10:02 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Yeah, that kinda goes without saying. And I’m not sure they will win. Memphis could have beat them earlier. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 10:15 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Likely not happening but what if Georgia, Oklahoma AND OSU all lost, then who would get in?

lol--you watched Drennan Live too, eh? ok, what if Bama, OK and OSU all lost?? I'd say it would be Georgia, ND, Bama and UCF--in that order.

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 10:18 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Actually, I heard the contrary--it very much depends on the outcome of both games, with style points being the deciding factor. One team has the best win (OSU), while the other has the best loss (OK), so yes, it'll depend almost solely on their respective games.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 10:19 AM
posted by vball10set

lol--you watched Drennan Live too, eh? ok, what if Bama, OK and OSU all lost?? I'd say it would be Georgia, ND, Bama and UCF--in that order.

Clemson isn’t getting left out. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 10:24 AM
posted by vball10set

No, can't stand him. I have issues with him on a personal level.

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 12:00 PM
posted by wildcats20

Clemson isn’t getting left out. 

yeah, you're right--forgot about them....ok, then let me change the scenario--let's say Bama, Clemson, OK and OSU all get beat...THEN Georgia, ND, Bama and UCF

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 12:01 PM
posted by BR1986FB

No, can't stand him. I have issues with him on a personal level.

interesting--would like to hear that story sometime...

Classyposter58

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 8:41 PM

Oklahoma should get in if they win, they're only loss was last second against Texas.  If they can avenge that then of course they deserve to get in over the loser of SEC title and OSU

SportsAndLady

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 9:45 PM

Thought the committee likes who you beat, not necessarily who you lose to?? When did that go away 

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 30, 2018 9:00 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Thought the committee likes who you beat, not necessarily who you lose to?? When did that go away 

What's really interesting, to me, is Notre Dame. They will get in on the benefit of running the table but I bet when the smoke clears if you compare their like opponent wins (Michigan & Northwestern) to OSU's (after the conference championship) that OSU's point differential will be significantly more. I think OSU's better than both Notre Dame and Oklahoma (probably also Clemson) but they have that bad Purdue albatross sticking out like a sore thumb.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Nov 30, 2018 9:20 AM
posted by BR1986FB

What's really interesting, to me, is Notre Dame. They will get in on the benefit of running the table but I bet when the smoke clears if you compare their like opponent wins (Michigan & Northwestern) to OSU's (after the conference championship) that OSU's point differential will be significantly more. I think OSU's better than both Notre Dame and Oklahoma (probably also Clemson) but they have that bad Purdue albatross sticking out like a sore thumb.

I agree with you about OSU being better than Oklahoma and Notre Dame (not Clemson).  But unfortunately getting woodshedded at Purdue gives them zero leg to stand on.  That loss was not explainable.  

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 30, 2018 9:25 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

That loss was not explainable.  

They've had these brain farts two years in a row (last year Iowa, who wasn't a horrible team, but still). I get the "any given Sunday" mentality in the pros but the difference in talent at the collegiate level is usually pretty significant. No reason to surrender that many points against those two teams.

My comment about Clemson was because of their super weak ass conference. I want to see them play somebody.

Spock

Fri, Nov 30, 2018 10:19 AM

I think that myth that the B1G one loss team doesnt deserve to get  in is BS.  Clemson and ND would never go undefeated in the Big 1G.