OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 8:21 AM
posted by Ironman92

Guessing OSU at #6

This was what I figured and that's what they came in at, correct? Still seeing an uphill battle for them to get in.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 8:36 AM
posted by BR1986FB

This was what I figured and that's what they came in at, correct? Still seeing an uphill battle for them to get in.

Cfp rankings come out Tuesday night. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 8:38 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Cfp rankings come out Tuesday night. 

Got it. Must have been another poll I saw this morning where they were at 6.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 8:44 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Got it. Must have been another poll I saw this morning where they were at 6.

You’re prob thinking of AP. That came out yesterday. And bucks were 6th

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 8:47 AM

Sounds right.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 10:03 AM

Living in AL, I've had a dread all year of Ohio State getting into the playoff and then getting throttled by the Tide.  But if they play like they did Saturday, I'd welcome that game.  It could be 2014 all over again.  

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 7:49 AM
posted by vball10set

I’ll get working on it 

posted by SportsAndLady

Gladly will change.  Needed to get rid of the osu dude for a while. Now anyway 

posted by vball10set

tell you what--I'm still in such a good mood after that ass kicking that you go ahead and pick an avatar--as long as it's Browns related...cool?

Baker...good choice

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 9:06 AM

a guy I work with is looking for four tickets for the B1GCG this Saturday--he's checking StubHub & Seat Geek but not having a whole lot of luck--ideas???

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 10:44 AM
posted by vball10set

a guy I work with is looking for four tickets for the B1GCG this Saturday--he's checking StubHub & Seat Geek but not having a whole lot of luck--ideas???

There are more than 4600 tickets available on StubHub. 

I got mine on StubHub last year and was able to get the same sec/row as 4 others who bought 3 weeks before I did. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 10:56 AM
posted by wildcats20

There are more than 4600 tickets available on StubHub. 

I got mine on StubHub last year and was able to get the same sec/row as 4 others who bought 3 weeks before I did. 

thanks, I'll pass this along--I think his main concern was that everything he looked at was in nosebleed--at least those with a price tag less than $200

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 11:14 AM
posted by vball10set

thanks, I'll pass this along--I think his main concern was that everything he looked at was in nosebleed--at least those with a price tag less than $200

Ah. I think we paid $145 each, plus fees for ours last year. They were in a corner, section 220. For corner seats, they were really good. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 11:17 AM

Also, he has to make sure he gets OSU areas. I’m sure NW fans have gobbled up a ton of tickets too. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 11:18 AM
posted by wildcats20

Ah. I think we paid $145 each, plus fees for ours last year. They were in a corner, section 220. For corner seats, they were really good. 

yeah, that's really good...you going Saturday?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 11:45 AM
posted by vball10set

yeah, that's really good...you going Saturday?

No, couldn’t swing it this year. Had an absolute blast last year. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 4:31 PM

Apparently an anonymous donor bought 3400 tickets for Northwestern students. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 5:21 PM
posted by wildcats20

Apparently an anonymous donor bought 3400 tickets for Northwestern students. 

That’s pretty awesome

Endless funds would be cool

BR1986FB

Wed, Nov 28, 2018 7:42 AM
posted by Ironman92

Guessing OSU at #6

Yep, as expected. If Oklahoma wins a close one, I think OSU is going to have to beat NW by 3 or 4 scores to leap frog them....kind of 2014 all over again with Wisconsin.

superman

Wed, Nov 28, 2018 10:47 AM

If Oklahoma wins they are in as long as Bama wins.  If Bama wins a close game and Texas beats OU it could go either way between Georgia and OSU.  

If Geogia wins, the top 4 will remain the same, it will just be reshuffled.  

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Nov 28, 2018 11:03 AM
posted by superman

If Oklahoma wins they are in as long as Bama wins.  If Bama wins a close game and Texas beats OU it could go either way between Georgia and OSU.  

If Georgia wins, the top 4 will remain the same, it will just be reshuffled.  

Not true--if Bama holds serve, whoever wins more convincingly (either Oklahoma or OSU) in their respective bowl game will get the nod. The only way Georgia gets in is if they win the SEC championship, and then it'll be the status quo, but as you said, reshuffled.

slingshot4ever

Wed, Nov 28, 2018 11:35 AM

Yeah, a Georgia team with 2 losses and not conference champions will fall behind both OU and OSU if they win.

I think it will be a slim chance we could impress the committee enough to jump OU in the event they beat Texas.  That 29 pt loss to Purdue is killing us.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Nov 28, 2018 11:40 AM

No chance Georgia stays at 4 with a loss. Then again, SEC...

BR1986FB

Wed, Nov 28, 2018 12:07 PM
posted by vball10set

Not true--if Bama holds serve, whoever wins more convincingly (either Oklahoma or OSU) in their respective bowl game will get the nod. The only way Georgia gets in is if they win the SEC championship, and then it'll be the status quo, but as you said, reshuffled.

Agree completely here. Style points are going to be huge in who gets in between Oklahoma & OSU. Heard people bitching because OSU didn't hang 70+ on Michigan when they had the chance for this purpose.

Automatik

Wed, Nov 28, 2018 12:23 PM

Crushing Michigan was great and all, but I can't help but having the same "meh" feeling as this time last year.

It would be great if OSU would just not get crushed by an unranked team so we wouldn't have to depend on others for help.

wkfan

Wed, Nov 28, 2018 12:41 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Heard people bitching because OSU didn't hang 70+ on Michigan when they had the chance for this purpose.

Count me as one of them.......

BR1986FB

Wed, Nov 28, 2018 1:36 PM
posted by Automatik

Crushing Michigan was great and all, but I can't help but having the same "meh" feeling as this time last year.

It would be great if OSU would just not get crushed by an unranked team so we wouldn't have to depend on others for help.

Agreed. Take care of your business and you don't have to hope & pray for some breaks.

I'm hearing breakdown analysis on why Oklahoma deserves to be in over OSU by nitpicking conference offenses versus defenses. Yes, OSU has a better defense than Oklahoma, as the Big 12 defenses blow...while in the same breath the argument for Oklahoma is that their conference has much better QB's than the Big 10 so that's an excuse for the defenses sucking.