OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 8:15 PM
posted by wildcats20

So Cowherd went on record today saying he was told by 2 separate sources that Urban is retiring after this season. 🤦🏻‍♂️

posted by SportsAndLady

Cowherd doens't know shit. He's just trying to get some views--his show has been taking a beating for how wrong he's been on Baker and Darnold.

I remember years ago on his show Cowherd reported that Kobe being traded was officially happening.  As we all know, Kobe didn't get traded and they went to 3 straight finals. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 8:19 PM

Oh yeah, definitely not putting much into it. But still ballsy to say you have 2 sources. Although, he’ll never have to reveal them. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 8:41 PM

I wouldn't doubt Urban stepping down for health reasons but I call bullshit on Cowturd's sources.

slingshot4ever

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 7:03 AM

I think Urban is fed up with the administration and his suspension.  Doesn't feel they have his back.  I give it a 60% chance he is gone.

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 7:36 AM
posted by wildcats20

So Cowherd went on record today saying he was told by 2 separate sources that Urban is retiring after this season. 🤦🏻‍♂️

lol, prolly his wife and that dingy bitch who's on his show---he was bad at ESPN, and he's bad on Fox Sports...

https://thebiglead.com/2018/11/19/colin-cowherd-urban-meyer-done-at-ohio-state-brian-kelly-to-nfl-john-harbaugh-a-candidate-at-notre-dame-usc/

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 7:40 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I wouldn't doubt Urban stepping down for health reasons but I call bullshit on Cowturd's sources.

I would agree, and quite frankly, I said he'd retire at the end of this season earlier on, but not because of health reasons (even though this is a valid reason)...I think him being thrown under the bus earlier this season will be the mitigating factor--IMO, he's not gotten over that...at all

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 7:45 AM
posted by vball10set

I would agree, and quite frankly, I said he'd retire at the end of this season earlier on, but not because of health reasons (even though this is a valid reason)...I think him being thrown under the bus earlier this season will be the mitigating factor--IMO, he's not gotten over that...at all

No doubt but I've looked at him on the sidelines a few times this year and he just looks drained/worn out. I'm sure much of this is from stress from the investigation but that issue inside his head can't be good either.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 7:51 AM
posted by vball10set

I agree. Fuck Drake for suspending urban and putting that on him, despite an independent investigation concluding urban did what he needed to do. 

I’d be pissed too if I were urban. OSU succumbed to the SJW pressure, and that’s bullshit. 

Automatik

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 10:27 AM

I think he's gone too. Insert: Matt Cambell.

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 10:58 AM
posted by Automatik

I think he's gone too. Insert: Ryan Day

fify

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 11:02 AM
posted by vball10set

fify

Very possible. I think Campbell could be one of the frontrunners for the Browns job.

Automatik

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 11:02 AM
posted by vball10set

fify

I'd be cool with that too.

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 11:03 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Very possible. I think Campbell could be one of the frontrunners for the Browns job.

my thought as well

SportsAndLady

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 11:52 AM

That would be so shitty if urban left though. When he took the job, and won a ‘ship, I thought he’d be the coach of the buckeyes for the next 15+ years. Didn’t think it’d all end because of some bullshit witch hunt against him (when ALL of the blame should have been on Smith—the person who actually hit the woman).  Smh

Automatik

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 11:53 AM

If he goes, I think primary factor will be health. I wan't to think it's not the case, but he looks fucked up out there.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 11:58 AM

He got treated like shit so I wouldn't be shocked to see him go + the health aspects. Hope he stays though.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 12:09 PM

Just like he left Florida for health reasons? 

Come on..

Automatik

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 12:10 PM

So you think the inoperable BRAIN CYST is BS?

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 12:16 PM

Yea, I thought he was doubled over on his knees in a game a couple of weeks ago because of it.

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 12:51 PM

Yeah, I don't think the inoperable brain cyst is BS. That would be one of the sickest troll jobs in history.

FatHobbit

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 1:44 PM
posted by like_that

Even though OSU hasn't looked impressive, they are still 10-1,  it's a rivalry game (the biggest one in this country), and they have home field advantage. 

This is basically how I feel. It's not a guaranteed win. But they are home and the offense has some pretty good comebacks this year. I think they have a good shot and it's cliche but the game shouldn't be over until the clock hits zero. 

queencitybuckeye

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 1:57 PM

Going into the game, there's no way TTUN should have been in any of the last six, but they damn near won a couple of them. The idea that tOSU has no chance is ridiculous.

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 2:21 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Going into the game, there's no way TTUN should have been in any of the last six, but they damn near won a couple of them. The idea that tOSU has no chance is ridiculous.

There's always a chance. I just don't think there's a very good one.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 2:27 PM
posted by Automatik

So you think the inoperable BRAIN CYST is BS?

Not bs. Just think urban would use it as an excuse for why he’s leaving. Just like Florida and his heart issues. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 20, 2018 2:39 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Not bs. Just think urban would use it as an excuse for why he’s leaving. Just like Florida and his heart issues. 

So if he leaves, maybe he resurfaces with another team in a year or two?