OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 2:36 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Jimmies have been rustled. Uh oh!

This team isn’t very good. Sorry that some of us with two eyeballs and a brain can see that, and some cannot. 

Ive been yelling for a month and a half that osu will turn it around, and they haven’t. Why the fuck would I expect them to change now, against the #4 team in the country?

Agreed. Wish I thought different but this team has so many flaws. Anyone who thinks this is a win "because Michigan" and the history is a blind homer. This team really isn't very good. Will be glad to eat crow but not seeing it. Michigan's defense will control this game.

slingshot4ever

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 5:01 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

No one has any fucking faith.  Fuck all of you, and reps to VBall.  This is *ichigan week.  FUCK TTUN and FUCK TSUN.  Go Bucks.  Fucking go in raw.  

I'd hate to be a teenager on this team, struggling to please a bunch of grown ass men who never attended tOSU.

I graduated from tOSU, so you can STFU about that.  No one is saying they like scUM....but we are realistic enough to know OSU isn't playing at a high level and our opponent is - plain and simply.  I'm sorry you can't appreciate that fact.  We all still fucking hate TTUN.

slingshot4ever

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 5:02 PM
posted by Spock

OSU wins..........they win by 8.

All the stars align and we end up 5th in the BCS bowl rankings.  OSU will play the loser of the SEC championship.

In addition to the comedy of errors already stated...if we win out and still finish outside top 4, we automatically would go to Rose Bowl against a PAC 12 opponent.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 5:19 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

In addition to the comedy of errors already stated...if we win out and still finish outside top 4, we automatically would go to Rose Bowl against a PAC 12 opponent.

Yup, OSU/WSU most likely.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 7:29 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

I graduated from tOSU, so you can STFU about that. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 8:10 PM

Per SI, Michigan opening at only -3.5. I expected more

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 9:12 PM

How short is Tate Martell? Is he 5’10?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 6:21 AM
posted by Ironman92

How short is Tate Martell? Is he 5’10?

Listed at 5’11”

Automatik

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 12:19 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

I graduated from tOSU, so you can STFU about that.  No one is saying they like scUM....but we are realistic enough to know OSU isn't playing at a high level and our opponent is - plain and simply.  I'm sorry you can't appreciate that fact.  We all still fucking hate TTUN.

Reps.

Realistic is the key word here, something that comes along with growing up, putting the blind homerism aside and understanding the game. OSU is trending down, UM is up. It's as simple as that. 

Of course "anything can happen" and I'm hoping that OSU plays lights out and gets the W, but I'm not dumb enough to be like...."derrrpppp OSU will win!" 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 12:46 PM
posted by wildcats20

Listed at 5’11”

a friend of mine has a kid at OSU and he put a pic on FB and Martell looks about 5’10...just assumed he was at least 6’0 but clearly isn’t 

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 12:52 PM
posted by Automatik

Of course "anything can happen" and I'm hoping that OSU plays lights out and gets the W, but I'm not dumb enough to be like...."derrrpppp OSU will win!" 

Let's hope the "derps" are right.

Automatik

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 12:55 PM

I'd fucking love it.

My UM supporting friends are talking like they've already won. Shutting them up with another loss when they're favored would be glorious.

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 1:02 PM

If Michigan can't win this year, when can they? It's the perfect storm for them right now. Have to hope they gag from the pressure of the assumed victory.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 1:04 PM

Meyer is 6-0 against UM.  Harbaugh is 0-3 against OSU.  In my opinion, based on all years under Meyer, all weeks leading up to this one mean nothing.  This is THE game, and I have full faith that Meyer will have his team ready.  

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 1:34 PM

I think Michigan should be favored by a little, but I don't understand the bullish predictions coming from either side.  You all are acting like OSU is a fringe bowl team this year. Even though OSU hasn't looked impressive, they are still 10-1,  it's a rivalry game (the biggest one in this country), and they have home field advantage.  If Michigan was playing at home I would confidently pick Michigan to win, however since they aren't I view this game as a toss-up. 

slingshot4ever

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 1:41 PM

Michigan opened at -3.5....I don't expect the line to shift much from there.

slingshot4ever

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 1:42 PM
posted by BR1986FB

If Michigan can't win this year, when can they? It's the perfect storm for them right now. Have to hope they gag from the pressure of the assumed victory.

If they can't win this year, it will be the first year after Urban calls it quits - circa 2011 when Fickell had to take over for Tressel.

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 2:01 PM
posted by like_that

I think Michigan should be favored by a little, but I don't understand the bullish predictions coming from either side.  You all are acting like OSU is a fringe bowl team this year. Even though OSU hasn't looked impressive, they are still 10-1,  it's a rivalry game (the biggest one in this country), and they have home field advantage.  If Michigan was playing at home I would confidently pick Michigan to win, however since they aren't I view this game as a toss-up. 

One of my main reasons is that one of OSU's bigger weaknesses has been their O-Line. One of Michigan's major strengths is their D-Line. OSU's offensive strength is passing the football. If Michigan's four down linemen can bring a significant pass rush, which I think they will be able to, it allows them to put up to 7 in coverage, helping shut down OSU's passing attack. To be able to use only your front 4, without having to use blitzers, is huge for a defense.

Not to mention that OSU's defense has been pretty sketchy and Michigan actually looks like they might at least have some semblance of an offense this year.

I know the home field can help but Michigan should be able to manhandle them, up front, on both sides of the ball.

Perhaps OSU pulls one out of their asses, on pure adrenaline, but I don't think it will be because "Urban has them ready." He hasn't had them ready for the last 4-5 weeks.

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 3:10 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

OSU can’t even beat Maryland by double digits. You think we’ll beat a good Michigan team? No fucking chance. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 3:13 PM

I don't take a lot of stock in 'bulletin board' bullshit, but when you're playing your rival,  a team you haven't beat since 2011, at their place, for the right to play in the B1G championship game and a possible berth in the CFP...I mean...why?

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/11/99217/michigan-running-back-karan-higdon-guarantees-a-michigan-victory-over-ohio-state

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 3:21 PM
posted by vball10set

I don't take a lot of stock in 'bulletin board' bullshit, but when you're playing your rival,  a team you haven't beat since 2011, at their place, for the right to play in the B1G championship game and a possible berth in the CFP...I mean...why?

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/11/99217/michigan-running-back-karan-higdon-guarantees-a-michigan-victory-over-ohio-state

Dumb move.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 7:10 PM

Sure vball, if osu beats Michigan by double digits I’ll chance my avatar to whatever you want for a year. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 7:43 PM

So Cowherd went on record today saying he was told by 2 separate sources that Urban is retiring after this season. 🤦🏻‍♂️

SportsAndLady

Mon, Nov 19, 2018 8:07 PM

Cowherd doens't know shit. He's just trying to get some views--his show has been taking a beating for how wrong he's been on Baker and Darnold.