OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Dec 4, 2018 8:39 AM

Moved Urban Meyer talk to the new thread. Please, on big news items like this, create a new thread. Tucking things like this away in a long thread are brutal for google juju.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Dec 4, 2018 9:44 AM
posted by justincredible

Moved Urban Meyer talk to the new thread. Please, on big news items like this, create a new thread. Tucking things like this away in a long thread are brutal for google juju.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Dec 4, 2018 10:42 AM
posted by wildcats20

Sorry for the inconvenience. The next course of action is just shutting down if google decides we're not worth indexing.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Dec 4, 2018 10:52 AM

We can also go back to the early days of the huddle and lock threads after 50 replies. :)

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Dec 4, 2018 11:40 AM
posted by justincredible

Sorry for the inconvenience. The next course of action is just shutting down if google decides we're not worth indexing.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Dec 4, 2018 11:42 AM
posted by wildcats20

Negs hurt.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 4, 2018 11:46 AM

BR1986FB

Fri, Dec 7, 2018 8:42 AM

Big 10 discussing revamping the conference championship to include the two top teams instead of East vs West so it's conceivable that OSU/Michigan could play in back-to-back weeks.

superman

Fri, Dec 7, 2018 8:54 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Big 10 discussing revamping the conference championship to include the two top teams instead of East vs West so it's conceivable that OSU/Michigan could play in back-to-back weeks.

Terrible idea.  

vball10set

paying it forward

Fri, Dec 7, 2018 9:10 AM
posted by BR1986FB

posted by superman

Terrible idea.  

yup, not good---and highly doubt this will happen, unless they do away with the divisions all together

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Dec 7, 2018 12:32 PM
posted by superman

Terrible idea.  

Very stupid. And would blow up in their faces the second that, say, OSU is perfect in conference play, Michigan has one loss to OSU and the West champ also has one loss, either to a West team or to OSU, but didn't play Michigan. Hell, I'm not even really counting this season, when that did happen, because Northwestern had three non-conference losses and the West was pretty much trash as a division, although I could see that situation getting ugly for the B1G too, as NW played good down the stretch and Michigan got blasted by OSU in one of those "Ugh, don't want that match-up again, this time in prime-time..." ways. More thinking of years when one of their teams (usually Wisky) is legit good.

Basically, all that would do would be to essentially end the two-division thing and have it be the top two teams in the standings, while ignoring details like unbalanced schedules (ie: the reason NW had the same 8-1 conference record as Michigan)

HitsRus

Fri, Dec 7, 2018 4:23 PM
posted by BR1986FB

....and that would probably happen a lot.

slingshot4ever

Wed, Dec 12, 2018 4:15 PM

Dre'Mont Jones officially declares for NFL Draft.  Says he will play in the Rose Bowl.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 16, 2018 8:33 PM

Mike Weber the latest to declare for the draft, will be playing in the Rose Bowl. 

slingshot4ever

Mon, Dec 17, 2018 6:12 PM

Mike Weber declares for draft.  Will still play in Rose Bowl.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Dec 17, 2018 8:49 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Mike Weber declares for draft.  Will still play in Rose Bowl.

Did you not see the previous post?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 4:36 AM

Anyone else see the comment Haskins left on Weber’s Instagram about “one more year” or something along those lines? Kinda interesting. Although, I believe Haskins will leave. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 8:04 AM
posted by wildcats20

Anyone else see the comment Haskins left on Weber’s Instagram about “one more year” or something along those lines? Kinda interesting. Although, I believe Haskins will leave. 

I saw that, and it's causing a lot of stir, but I think he'll leave too...and if he does...

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/ohio-state/2018/12/18/ohio-state-the-front-runner-to-land-quarterback-justin-fields/stories/20181218099

superman

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 9:34 AM

That Justin Fields news could be huge.  

slingshot4ever

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 10:10 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Did you not see the previous post?

I actually didn't....not sure what happened there....

Spock

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 11:13 AM

Weber is stupid for leaving......he is not a NFL running back