OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

Automatik

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 11:43 AM

I see nothing wrong with that decision. If he doesn't think his stock will go up, then why not? 

Look around the league, lots of backs out there that were probably told they are "not NFL running backs."

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 11:47 AM
posted by Automatik

I see nothing wrong with that decision. If he doesn't think his stock will go up, then why not? 

Look around the league, lots of backs out there that were probably told they are "not NFL running backs."

I agree, and he also knows Dobbins will continue to get the bulk of the carries--with Teague, Snead, Gill, McCall, etc. getting in on the action as well.

Spock

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 12:14 PM
posted by Automatik

He has a limited career...thats what is wrong.  He doesnt have any draft stock to worry about.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 12:22 PM
posted by Spock

He has a limited career...thats what is wrong.  He doesnt have any draft stock to worry about.

So he should come back to school, not get paid, and risk injury? Fuck that. Go get paid. Even if he isn’t drafted, he’ll get picked up as a FA. 

queencitybuckeye

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 12:22 PM
posted by Spock

Everything I've seen has him as a round three or four pick. I'd take the pay for that coming out of college.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 12:41 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Everything I've seen has him as a round three or four pick. I'd take the pay for that coming out of college.

Yep. I would say that, due to fumbling issues this year, he might need to have a good combine to maintain that status (or not, I'm no draft guru...), but his odds are, in all likelihood, better this year than they'd be next year. From just one (local) source: https://scarletandgame.com/2018/12/17/ohio-state-football-mike-weber-dremont-jones-leaving-right-time/

From reports I have read, Weber is seen as a mid-round pick and returning for one more season probably wouldn’t raise his draft status. That would require having a monster year and that’s not likely to happen. He would once again be sharing carries with J.K. Dobbins as well as with younger backs coach Ryan Day will be grooming.

Also, NFL general managers always take into consideration how much a player at his position has been used in college because a running back tends to have a short shelf life in the pros. Weber has only had 493 touches in college which means he has taken fewer hits than other backs in the draft, and that should be a plus.

Automatik

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 1:16 PM

^^CC way off the mark again.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 2:17 PM
posted by Automatik

^^CC way off the mark again.

In other news, water still is wet.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 2:26 PM
posted by Heretic

In other news, water still is wet.

Link?

SportsAndLady

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 2:42 PM

CC is legitimately the dumbest human being on the planet.  

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 2:47 PM

In other news, OSU @ Northwestern next year will be played on Friday, October 18. Yaaay. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 3:50 PM

In potential good news, there seems to be noise that Zach Harrison might be signing with Ohio State tomorrow. Was looking up recruiting shit online and saw a Michigan blog saying they thought he changed his mind about wanting to go out of state, with their impression being that he extended his decision from August to tomorrow in part because of the negative news about Urban. The main grain of salt might be that articles seem to dismiss Penn State, when the general (vague, considering that Harrison has been really quiet about his plans) vibe is less "pure Ohio State" and more "not Michigan", but they seem to think Urban's departure combined with other core staff members staying is a big catalyst.

For a link.

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/ohio-state-buckeyes-recruiting-zach-harrison-justin-fields-rumors/

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 3:58 PM
posted by wildcats20

In other news, OSU @ Northwestern next year will be played on Friday, October 18. Yaaay. 

I read that. Stupid as shit decision, in my mind.

queencitybuckeye

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 5:01 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

CC is legitimately the dumbest human being on the planet.  

Dumber than Ocasio-Cortez? Damn.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 5:15 PM

Compared to CC, she has an intelligent, well-reasoned view on stuff. CC truly is one of a kind -- makes us all look smarter than we really are when discussing shit.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 7:17 PM

Negs.  Politards go that way ---->

slingshot4ever

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 11:18 PM
posted by wildcats20

A Friday night game on the road - that may not end well....

SportsAndLady

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 12:07 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

A Friday night game on the road - that may not end well....

Bucks by 90. Don’t be a pansy. 

slingshot4ever

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 12:28 AM

You probably thought the same about the Purdue game....

If Martell is the QB, no I'm not overly confident about next year...

Spock

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 10:34 AM

You guys can bash all you want but Weber isnt anything special.  Mark my words......he will never have a meaningful NFL career.  Playing for the glory of being a buckeye for another year, potential team captain......are all reasons to stay instead of getting the league minimum on the scout team.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:06 AM
posted by Spock

You guys can bash all you want but Weber isnt anything special.  Mark my words......he will never have a meaningful NFL career.  Playing for the glory of being a buckeye for another year, potential team captain......are all reasons to stay instead of getting the league minimum on the scout team.

Yeah...that almost assuredly means more to fans than players. Maybe he doesn’t give 2 fucks about that stuff?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:16 AM

Getting a paycheck to play the game you’ve trained your whole life for versus having to go to class, not get paid, and risk your future? 

League minimum will do just fine. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:21 AM

In more important news, OSU loses huge QB recruit to Georgia. Dwan Mathis unexpectedly flipped to Georgia today. Was a 4 star, #2 rated dual threat QB. "With that, Ohio State's 2019 class has fallen outside of the Top 10 nationally according to the 247Sports Composite."

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Georgia-Bulldogs-recruiting-Dwan-Mathis-Ohio-State-signing-2019-126587129/#126587129_1

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:26 AM
posted by iclfan2

In more important news, OSU loses huge QB recruit to Georgia. Dwan Mathis unexpectedly flipped to Georgia today. Was a 4 star, #2 rated dual threat QB. "With that, Ohio State's 2019 class has fallen outside of the Top 10 nationally according to the 247Sports Composite."

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Georgia-Bulldogs-recruiting-Dwan-Mathis-Ohio-State-signing-2019-126587129/#126587129_1

this just means Fields will be a Buckeye--and as far as "falling outside the Top 10"? you need to relax--remember that this is just the early signing period, and this also doesn't include Zach Harrison committing at 12:30 pm

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:27 AM
posted by Spock

posted by wildcats20

Getting a paycheck to play the game you’ve trained your whole life for versus having to go to class, not get paid, and risk your future? 

League minimum will do just fine. 

this