Covid-19 discussion, continued...

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 1:19 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I’m not sure what exactly you think people do during pandemics but it’s necessary. No ones asking you to isolate bc they don’t like you. You’re asked to isolate so less people are killed. Is it ideal? No. Not much is ideal during a pandemic. 

Are you talking about after you test positive or just isolating in general?  If you are talking about isolating in general, the math is no longer adding up to do this.  Note: This is not to be confused with social distancing. 

I also find that the majority people who are sanctimonious and very supportive of isolation, shut downs, etc are not doing everything possible to prevent themselves from getting COVID or spreading it.  Their actions will slowly conflict with their beliefs, but they will make up their own rules as to why their actions are ok.   Already have examples of posters on this site who do this. 

kizer permanente

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 1:34 PM
posted by like_that

Are you talking about after you test positive or just isolating in general?  If you are talking about isolating in general, the math is no longer adding up to do this.  Note: This is not to be confused with social distancing. 

I also find that the majority people who are sanctimonious and very supportive of isolation, shut downs, etc are not doing everything possible to prevent themselves from getting COVID or spreading it.  Their actions will slowly conflict with their beliefs, but they will make up their own rules as to why their actions are ok.   Already have examples of posters on this site who do this. 

Yeah I shouldn’t have said isolating. But wearing masks and social distancing is imperative during a pandemic. 

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 2:40 PM
posted by justincredible

Yeah, having issues dealing with govt sanctioned social isolation is your own problem is a pretty spicy take.

"having issues" vs. "destroyed" is a very different conversation.

sportchampps

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 3:24 PM

It’s easier for some people then others. In my own household it’s pretty easy for me because I still leave the house for work. Most of my friends don’t have kids so if we want to meet up we can make time whenever. It’s also fantasy football season we were all texting and talking shit daily to each other. 

On the other hand my wife is now permanently work from home. All of her friends have kids so it takes a lot of planning for a meet up by the time the weekend comes she needs to leave the house. Basically every weekend she is begging me to invite my friends or family over so she has real interactions with people outside my dog and I. She also works in corporate retail and with Black Friday and the Holiday season coming she broke down and told me to schedule a trip for us. We will be going to Vegas in a couple weeks so she doesn’t go stir crazy.

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 3:50 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wrong.  There are people of all ages, races, socioeconomic stratas that have been negatively affected by the isolation.  Isolation is not a natural state for people and no amount of "toughing it out" can necessarily overcome that.  Depression and anxiety are on the rise across the board, as is alcohol and drug abuse.  

As I mentioned in another post, saying that people have been affected is correct. "Destroyed" is a different conversation.

QuakerOats

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 4:33 PM

posted by sportchampps

It’s easier for some people then others. In my own household it’s pretty easy for me because I still leave the house for work. Most of my friends don’t have kids so if we want to meet up we can make time whenever. It’s also fantasy football season we were all texting and talking shit daily to each other. 

On the other hand my wife is now permanently work from home. All of her friends have kids so it takes a lot of planning for a meet up by the time the weekend comes she needs to leave the house. Basically every weekend she is begging me to invite my friends or family over so she has real interactions with people outside my dog and I. She also works in corporate retail and with Black Friday and the Holiday season coming she broke down and told me to schedule a trip for us. We will be going to Vegas in a couple weeks so she doesn’t go stir crazy.

Hard to believe a wife would need anything more than a husband and a dog.

:)

sportchampps

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 1:01 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Hard to believe a wife would need anything more than a husband and a dog.

:)

Lmao maybe if the dog wasn’t a daddy’s boy

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Oct 10, 2020 6:54 PM

And Dad and step brother have it

Damnit

Taste buds are gone...showing improvements past day or so

Verbal Kint

Sat, Oct 10, 2020 9:07 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

As I mentioned in another post, saying that people have been affected is correct. "Destroyed" is a different conversation.

Just wow

jmog

Sat, Oct 10, 2020 10:05 PM
posted by Ironman92

And Dad and step brother have it

Damnit

Taste buds are gone...showing improvements past day or so

Hope all goes well.

Of everyone in my family that had it, only my wife lost sense of smell and taste. 

That lasted about a day and a half but definitely slowly came back. She said she could taste a day and a half later but took 3-4 days for her taste to come back 100%.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 11, 2020 9:52 PM

What even is this?

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 11, 2020 10:37 PM
posted by justincredible

What even is this?

I mean we’ve just lost it.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Oct 11, 2020 10:41 PM

That video can’t be real. If your options are A) dance back to back, or B) don’t dance, then everyone in that fucking gym is picking B. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 12, 2020 8:41 AM

I saw a few comments saying this video was from the Czech Republic.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 12, 2020 11:58 AM

Spock

Mon, Oct 12, 2020 12:08 PM
posted by justincredible

https://gbdeclaration.org/

THis

Spock

Mon, Oct 12, 2020 7:53 PM

I see where the media is ramping up the "Covid gonna kills us all" reporting style.

Man they are pulling out all the stops this year.

kizer permanente

Mon, Oct 12, 2020 8:00 PM
posted by Spock

I see where the media is ramping up the "Covid gonna kills us all" reporting style.

Man they are pulling out all the stops this year.

Well people like you claimed it went away now it’s the highest totals since inception. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 12, 2020 8:14 PM

The 3 that actually proposed this are clearly chumps.

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.

Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.