Covid-19 discussion, continued...

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 6:53 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

INB4 one of our right wing bretheren posts some horrible tweet from a left wing nutjob wishing Trump ill will and commenting on how "disgusting" the left/democrats  are for wanting Trump's demise. 

Ha, it’s expected from the “tolerant” left.    Lot of blue checks seem to be liberal nutjobs these days apparently (including Obama WH staff). 

geeblock

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 9:26 PM
posted by iclfan2

Ha, it’s expected from the “tolerant” left.    Lot of blue checks seem to be liberal nutjobs these days apparently (including Obama WH staff). 

I’m so glad I don’t know what this post means

gut

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 9:36 PM
posted by iclfan2

You know that party has gone seriously off the rails when Pelosi has become the sensible and reasonable one.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 12:06 AM
posted by geeblock

I’m so glad I don’t know what this post means

Sorry Sean King didn’t explain it to you

geeblock

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 10:59 AM
posted by iclfan2

Sorry Sean King didn’t explain it to you

Do u have a quanon website I could look it up on for help 

kizer permanente

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 11:30 AM

It got Cam Newton 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 11:46 AM

There has been a spike in my region the last coupe of weeks, but apparently 98% (as reported) of the people testing positive are asyomptomatic.  

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 6:57 PM

My stepmom and her mom are Covid positive. She said feels like bronchitis. 

Made a trip to Texas to see her granddaughter....granddaughter also positive.

Hopefully my Dad doesn’t get it

sportchampps

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 11:45 PM
posted by Ironman92

My stepmom and her mom are Covid positive. She said feels like bronchitis. 

Made a trip to Texas to see her granddaughter....granddaughter also positive.

Hopefully my Dad doesn’t get it

Wishing the best to your family

kizer permanente

Sun, Oct 4, 2020 2:22 PM

I’m personally shocked Trump got covid. Spocks been telling us for months it’s gone. No news. Nothing. How did it come back and get Trump? 

Automatik

Sun, Oct 4, 2020 2:24 PM

Trump and his cronies had the same thought...that's why. Positive tests all over the place in the WH. It's ridiculous.

kizer permanente

Sun, Oct 4, 2020 2:27 PM

You know you live in a failed system when the fuckin nba contains the virus better than the WH. 

Automatik

Sun, Oct 4, 2020 3:32 PM

Several zip codes are "shutting down" here on Wednesday...ordered by De Blasio.

Any guesses on the common denominator for these zip codes?

De Blasio is a tool, but I fully support this. Of course the social media experts are blasting him and the "radical left leaders" while doing zero research of the actual situation.

Verbal Kint

Sun, Oct 4, 2020 10:20 PM

Expecting mass chaos in Ireland tomorrow, they will be reported shutting down the economy because of 2 deaths in the month on September.  

Reported mortality rate in the United States for those under the age of 50 is one in five thousand if infected.  Seems low with the morbid obesity rate in the United States at 40%.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Oct 4, 2020 10:39 PM

I particularly enjoyed Trump’s medical team defending his car ride this evening. You have people dying alone in hospitals with Covid because the restrictions are so tight that no family is allowed in. But it’s cool for him to be like “meh, day three, I’m bored let’s go for a car ride.” 

gut

Sun, Oct 4, 2020 10:55 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I particularly enjoyed Trump’s medical team defending his car ride this evening. You have people dying alone in hospitals with Covid because the restrictions are so tight that no family is allowed in. But it’s cool for him to be like “meh, day three, I’m bored let’s go for a car ride.” 

The flip-side of that is if he weren't POTUS, he's probably never admitted to the hospital.  And the flip-side of that is only the uber-rich, maybe, could have gotten the prompt and aggressive treatment that he did.

It's typical Trump.  The people who hate him are outraged and appalled by this.  And his base is thrilled that he's "kicking Covid's ass".  Trolling is completely effortless for him.

QuakerOats

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 10:40 AM

LOL at the leftists suddenly feeling sorry for the secret service and expressing outrage that Trump put them in danger .........they volunteered to take a bullet for him you phony pukes; they could care less about a bug that 99.999% of them would/will survive.

Rotinaj

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 10:57 AM

Right, who cares about possibly being put on your ass for weeks and who knows what sort of long term effects. As long as it doesn’t kill you it’s no big deal. Solid life advice. 

majorspark

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 3:18 PM

So now Trump is immune from covid as well.

gut

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 3:25 PM
posted by Rotinaj

Right, who cares about possibly being put on your ass for weeks and who knows what sort of long term effects. As long as it doesn’t kill you it’s no big deal. Solid life advice. 

You just described the flu, and people don't wet themselves over getting the flu. 

And before anyone says "it's more deadly than the flu", it's not now and maybe never was (because huge numbers of mild and asymptomatic cases were never diagnosed).  It's year-round, and more contagious, which is why more people are dying from it.

Automatik

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 3:39 PM

The unknown is what's fucked. I'm seeing more and more regarding neurological issues.

I have a friend that was very sick early March. All the symptoms. He was down for 2 weeks. After he recovered his vision was blurry. Never had vision issues in his life, he now has glasses/contacts. Was it from COVID? Who knows?

At that time testing was non-existent and he was too stubborn to get an antibody test after the fact. 

gut

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 3:47 PM
posted by Automatik

The unknown is what's fucked. I'm seeing more and more regarding neurological issues.

Not saying there aren't possible side effects, but there have been A LOT of alarmist "studies" that were a bit fast & loose, and maybe not all that scientific.  It's like all the climate change activists jumped in and started blaming every anecdotal observation on Covid.

Rotinaj

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 3:52 PM
posted by gut

You just described the flu, and people don't wet themselves over getting the flu. 

And before anyone says "it's more deadly than the flu", it's not now and maybe never was (because huge numbers of mild and asymptomatic cases were never diagnosed).  It's year-round, and more contagious, which is why more people are dying from it.

How anyone could still use the just the flu thing completely blows my mind. Alright buddy, keep on watching those YouTube videos  

Automatik

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 3:53 PM

Yeah, pretty crazy that's still even in the discussion. Don't wet yourselves guys! 

And fwiw, I agree about the alarmist studies. Doesn't mean there's not a shitload of unknowns. 

gut

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 4:00 PM
posted by Rotinaj

How anyone could still use the just the flu thing completely blows my mind. Alright buddy, keep on watching those YouTube videos  

LMFAO....it's not March anymore.  We have much better data now.  We have therapeutics and know how to more effectively treat it.  The mortality rate is very much in line with the flu when you account for what the likely real case rate is.  That's not a youtube video, that's hard data and facts.