Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Automatik

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 11:06 AM

What are you looking for? 

Small clusters of rising cases in NYC. Not that worried......yet. 

geeblock

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 2:04 PM

Just took my test today so I can go to jamaica. The travel agents husband just tested positive yesterday and has no symptoms but is getting re tested. He is claiming 1 out of every 3 tests can be false positives but the doc told me this pcr test is 100 percent accurate. Won’t know for 48-72 hours 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 3:07 PM
posted by geeblock

Just took my test today so I can go to jamaica. The travel agents husband just tested positive yesterday and has no symptoms but is getting re tested. He is claiming 1 out of every 3 tests can be false positives but the doc told me this pcr test is 100 percent accurate. Won’t know for 48-72 hours 

You may have to ask the experts at the Big Ten on a technical question like this, but what if you contract it between the time you get your negative test result and when you take off on your trip?  Seems like a bit of a hole in the scheme.  

geeblock

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 3:12 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

You may have to ask the experts at the Big Ten on a technical question like this, but what if you contract it between the time you get your negative test result and when you take off on your trip?  Seems like a bit of a hole in the scheme.  

The test has to be within 10 days of leaving other destinations require I test within 48 hours. That was one reason why we chose Jamaica 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 4:46 PM
posted by Spock

And just like that.....poof.......crickets from the media.  No new news on anything.  

Post made AFTER it was announced that multiple members of one NFL team (Tennessee) had multiple cases. You are just so amazingly stupid.

sportchampps

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 7:10 PM
posted by geeblock

The test has to be within 10 days of leaving other destinations require I test within 48 hours. That was one reason why we chose Jamaica 

If your close to Scotchies make sure to stop by for some food. We stopped there on our way to Ocho Rios and it was worth every dime and minute away from the resort.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 7:27 PM
posted by geeblock

I was just joking. You gotta do what you gotta do. It's just sort of funny that these plans aren't capable of preventing anything. 

Have a great time down there. Be careful and don't smoke any weed - you can't trust it's authenticity. 

geeblock

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 7:27 PM
posted by sportchampps

If your close to Scotchies make sure to stop by for some food. We stopped there on our way to Ocho Rios and it was worth every dime and minute away from the resort.

I’ll check into that the only place I know for sure we are going off the resort is taking a boat around and going to some place called ricks I think where they have cliffs right jump off of. We were supposed to stay at excellence something but now we are staying at white sands Royalton 

Automatik

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 7:52 PM

Rick’s is blast. It’s probably calmer now due to COVID, but still should be a good time. 

sportchampps

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 9:17 PM

Love Jamaica great people. If you join a Facebook group for your resort you might also find somewhere you can do a water taxi and lobster dinner. 

geeblock

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 9:43 PM
posted by sportchampps

Love Jamaica great people. If you join a Facebook group for your resort you might also find somewhere you can do a water taxi and lobster dinner. 

I think it’s all planned out each day with just a little free time on Sunday. One of the guys whose 40th bday it is is dropping about 75k for a 4 day trip. He rented a huge boat, I know he is flying a band in but it’s a surprise but possibly hootie and the blowfish(rumor) but I know he’s getting someone. He upgraded all our rooms to the most expensive rooms they have. Now if we can just get into the coun

sportchampps

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 10:14 PM

Haha awesome good luck it’s beautiful. 

BRF

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 11:29 PM

Be sure to pay a guide to take you up Dunn’s river falls.  And then want a tip. 

Then enjoy the tourist trap “shops” on your way out. 

Spock

Wed, Sep 30, 2020 8:44 AM
posted by Heretic

Post made AFTER it was announced that multiple members of one NFL team (Tennessee) had multiple cases. You are just so amazingly stupid.

"multiple cases".....that is not news.  

friendfromlowry

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 1:10 AM

SHIT IT GOT TRUMP

gut

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 1:47 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

SHIT IT GOT TRUMP

As if this year couldn't get any stranger...

And the debate was just 2 days ago....good thing Biden kept his distance!  This might cancel the last 2 debates.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 11:19 AM

INB4 one of our right wing bretheren posts some horrible tweet from a left wing nutjob wishing Trump ill will and commenting on how "disgusting" the left/democrats  are for wanting Trump's demise. 

fish82

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 11:40 AM

Tweets from quarantine should be pretty lit TBH. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 11:43 AM
posted by fish82

Tweets from quarantine should be pretty lit TBH. 

Agreed.  He'll be feeling pent up and it'll be his only outlet.  Get your popcorn.

Trimmer36

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 11:53 AM

Mitt Romney is probably thinking, "Gee, that's too bad."

Spock

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 12:17 PM

This isnt the October surprise.....that is coming when Biden gets it

gut

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 12:59 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Agreed.  He'll be feeling pent up and it'll be his only outlet.  Get your popcorn.

LOL.  You're not even considering the potential for hallucination and fever-induced confusion and paranoia.

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 1:03 PM

The tweets and memes have been 🔥🔥🔥 but I'm not joining in because karma is dangerous. Tread lightly, everyone. 

gut

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 5:16 PM

Trump has had a low-grade fever this afternoon, being treated with Regeneron emergency use...now on his way to Walter Reed for observation, apparently precautionary.

You can call it precautionary, but earlier they were saying he'd recover on his own in 7-10 days.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 5:29 PM