Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Home Forums Politics

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Apr 23, 2020 5:30 AM
posted by geeblock

This is arguing about nuances of course they aren’t identical but they are both equally stupid. But please continue some diatribe about the media and calling me a puppet. That makes no sense. I have to drive by them everyday they are idiots. You are just proving my point that people hate protests unless they agree with the protest. They are endangering lives while as u put it antifa destroys property. It’s not all that different . 

I find most if not all protests annoying and ineffective.  Still doesn't change the fact your claim is quite the reach. 

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 8:25 AM

I think yesterday was one the best cases for the President to just shut the fuck up about unproven theories and speaking off the cuff. He should just deliver the latest update on the federal response and get the fuck out of the way. 

Spock

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 8:51 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I think yesterday was on the best cases for the President to just shut the fuck up about unproven theories and speaking off the cuff. He should just deliver the latest update on the federal response and get the fuck out of the way. 

we agree on something.  

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 9:56 AM

I think yesterday was one the best cases for the President to just shut the fuck up about unproven theories and speaking off the cuff. He should just deliver the latest update on the federal response and get the fuck out of the way. 

I wish I could be a fly on the wall for all of their offline conversations.  His team telling him "hey, maybe you should probably just stick to the teleprompter and not go unfiltered dipshit mode..."

Spock

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 10:00 AM
posted by like_that

I wish I could be a fly on the wall for all of their offline conversations.  His team telling him "hey, maybe you should probably just stick to the teleprompter and not go unfiltered dipshit mode..."

What we saw yesterday might have been teleprompter mode

gut

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:07 PM

Just imagine if he drank!

And imagine if he smoked weed - "I've got the solution to global warming - cars that run on water!!!"

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:22 PM
posted by like_that

Lol, why do you think he has so much turnover on his staff? Those suggestions are likely made and replacing the people who make them is his response!

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:59 PM
posted by like_that

We usually get leaks of those discussions from folks in the NYT and Washington Post. There was a story this morning about him brooding 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/us/politics/coronavirus-trump.html

I also think those people that would have said, "hey maybe stop that" are gone. 

QuakerOats

Fri, Apr 24, 2020 2:04 PM

LOL

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Apr 26, 2020 2:15 PM

Trump said today that he will not do anymore daily press conferences.  This is a very good decision.  He has not handled those well at all.  He can only scream "fake news" so much, especially when there is video/audio of his ridiculous statements.  Maybe this will allow him to focus more on moving forward and working with states to open up.  I am really pulling for him to lead through these next several difficult months.  The temper tantrums at the media are not contributing to that.  There are too many friendly media outlets for him to claim he is somehow unable to get his message out.  And if he can't stand being in the same room as some of these reporters, then cancelling these daily fiascos is for the best.  

O-Trap

Chief Shenanigans Officer

Sun, Apr 26, 2020 3:10 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Trump said today that he will not do anymore daily press conferences.  This is a very good decision.  He has not handled those well at all.  He can only scream "fake news" so much, especially when there is video/audio of his ridiculous statements.  Maybe this will allow him to focus more on moving forward and working with states to open up.  I am really pulling for him to lead through these next several difficult months.  The temper tantrums at the media are not contributing to that.  There are too many friendly media outlets for him to claim he is somehow unable to get his message out.  And if he can't stand being in the same room as some of these reporters, then cancelling these daily fiascos is for the best.  

Agreed on all of this.

gut

Tue, Apr 28, 2020 6:01 PM

Anyone noticing less Drudge links on here since it joined the legions of "fake news"?

O-Trap

Chief Shenanigans Officer

Tue, Apr 28, 2020 6:15 PM
posted by gut

Anyone noticing less Drudge links on here since it joined the legions of "fake news"?

Isn't it funny how something so quickly gets tossed from gospel to fake news when it defies confirmation bias?

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Apr 28, 2020 6:31 PM
posted by gut

Haha.  Great point.  I used to think: well I can go to Drudge or I can go to QO posts on Ohio Chatter.  QO is on a bout a 5 minute delay.  Now that Trump has started his one way cat fight with Drudge, I think its going to be mostly Brietbart, and shit like Patriot Times.  

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, May 11, 2020 4:23 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/trump-admin-turbocharging-withdrawal-of-supply-chains-from-china/

Amen

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said last week that the U.S. was working with Australia, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, and Vietnam to “move the global economy forward,” including how to “restructure … supply chains to prevent something like this from ever happening again.”

Sounds great. I think they can call it something like the Trans Pacific Partnership...that has a nice ring to it. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, May 11, 2020 6:53 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/trump-admin-turbocharging-withdrawal-of-supply-chains-from-china/

Amen

Believe it when you see it. Watching US steelmaking capacity being permanently idled pre-COVID makes me a little skeptical about this administration's ability to deliver on China-related promises. Let's put it this way, if Jared Kushner gets yet another leadership position on this initiative, you can bet nothing will happen. 

Spock

Mon, May 11, 2020 9:15 PM

Believe it when you see it. Watching US steelmaking capacity being permanently idled pre-COVID makes me a little skeptical about this administration's ability to deliver on China-related promises. Let's put it this way, if Jared Kushner gets yet another leadership position on this initiative, you can bet nothing will happen. 

Could you imagine what it looks like if Hunter Biden gets that gig?

QuakerOats

Tue, May 12, 2020 9:45 AM

Hunter and daddy made their millions selling influence bought and paid for by you and me.  It is literally sickening what these bastards have done, all brought to us by liberal elites, globalists, and dumbass politicians.  The greatest thing about the Trump presidency is the revealing of all of the corruption and whoring on a global scale, but mainly with China. 

It’s taken over 3 years to reveal the disaster; it will take 4 more years to begin turning it around.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, May 12, 2020 9:57 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Hunter and daddy made their millions selling influence bought and paid for by you and me.  It is literally sickening what these bastards have done, all brought to us by liberal elites, globalists, and dumbass politicians.  The greatest thing about the Trump presidency is the revealing of all of the corruption and whoring on a global scale, but mainly with China. 

It’s taken over 3 years to reveal the disaster; it will take 4 more years to begin turning it around.

Trump hasn't revealed shit.  His giving jobs to his family and friends shows he's just more of the same.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, May 12, 2020 9:58 AM
posted by Spock

Could you imagine what it looks like if Hunter Biden gets that gig?

Hunter Biden isn't his son-in-law. Jared is. Jared gets the important nepotistic gigs in this admin. 

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, May 12, 2020 10:02 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Serious question for you, how do you know Trump and his family are not making millions selling influence paid by you and me? 

Spock

Tue, May 12, 2020 10:07 AM

Trump hasn't revealed shit.  His giving jobs to his family and friends shows he's just more of the same.  

So he must be the first POTUS to ever do this huh?