Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Home Forums Politics

queencitybuckeye

Sun, Apr 19, 2020 9:45 AM
posted by QuakerOats

I understand your point.  He could also eliminate half his tweets; might well serve him better, but perhaps not given the personal hatred held by so many.  He could cure covid19 tomorrow, and half the people would say he is two weeks too late.  We know how he is; how he operates.  But we only care about results.

I actually agree with most of this. However, like Trump, you would never, ever admit that he was partially at fault for anything. Those of us paying attention know conclusively that the overwhelming blame for the testing problems in this country lie at the Federal level. It's not even seriously debatable.

It's not the size of Trump's ego that's his problem (Washington is full of them). It's the fragility of it. He simply is incapable of admitting that what he is doing isn't perfect, and in what is obviously the most important thing he'll do, he has not been perfect or even great.

geeblock

Sun, Apr 19, 2020 11:19 AM
posted by gut

Aside from everything is closed and everyone else is at home, the two are like totally the same.

huge difference 

geeblock

Sun, Apr 19, 2020 11:21 AM

Columbus oh 

geeblock

Sun, Apr 19, 2020 11:23 AM

I see more similarities than differences. One group is extreme left and one is extremely right, but it’s the same coin 

gut

Sun, Apr 19, 2020 10:05 PM
posted by geeblock

I see more similarities than differences. One group is extreme left and one is extremely right, but it’s the same coin 

Nice detective work answering a question no one asked.  Geeblock posting again - must be a presidential election year.

The point was there wasn't any traffic or businesses for their rally to shut down and obstruct.  And this is where Quaker chimes in that if businesses WERE open, the rally doesn't happen because they all would have been at work.

Also, LOL at the pictures - they're wearing masks for health reasons.  Antifa wears masks so they can't be identified.

QuakerOats

Mon, Apr 20, 2020 1:10 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

I actually agree with most of this. However, like Trump, you would never, ever admit that he was partially at fault for anything. Those of us paying attention know conclusively that the overwhelming blame for the testing problems in this country lie at the Federal level. It's not even seriously debatable.

It's not the size of Trump's ego that's his problem (Washington is full of them). It's the fragility of it. He simply is incapable of admitting that what he is doing isn't perfect, and in what is obviously the most important thing he'll do, he has not been perfect or even great.

Point taken.

Of course, if he admitted anything the Left would go triple bonkers saying they were right all along and he had to admit being wrong…… yada, yada, yada.……

Press made their bed, they can sleep in it.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Apr 20, 2020 1:20 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Point taken.

Of course, if he admitted anything the Left would go triple bonkers saying they were right all along and he had to admit being wrong…… yada, yada, yada.……

I love how you're consistent in spinning everything so it's everyone's fault except the person who is most responsible.

"Sure he might be a total boob, but it's all because of other people that he is!!!!!! IT'S NOT MUH TRUMPY'S FAULT!!!!! NOTHING IS!!!!!!!"

Keep being a walking, talking clownshow, bruh; it's all you have!

QuakerOats

Mon, Apr 20, 2020 2:26 PM

Blaming Trump for the covid-19 crisis.  Yeah, that’s accurate.

Mind numbing.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Apr 20, 2020 2:47 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Blaming Trump for the covid-19 crisis.  Yeah, that’s accurate.

Mind numbing.

And taking what other people say and twisting it to fit a narrative that wasn't even said. You're a fucking idiot.

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 7:57 AM

I found it pretty funny yesterday that Trump blasted Republican Governor Larry Hogan for obtaining 500k testing kits from South Korea after the President said a few days ago that it was the states that need to step up on testing. 

Spock

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 8:17 AM

The daily new presser thing on this needs to stop.  Maybe every other day.  

queencitybuckeye

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 8:24 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Point taken.

Yes, you've nailed what's important here. The federal government is dragging its collective feet in helping the states get what would instantly double or triple testing, but the reaction of political opponents and the press is what matters.

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 8:26 AM
posted by Spock

The daily new presser thing on this needs to stop.  Maybe every other day.  

Well. The daily national response update is needed daily. His free wheeling and taking questions needs to stop. 

The first 10 minutes of his briefings where he is updating the nation on things is alright and usually pretty good. It goes downhill once he takes questions. 

I'd say the President should get up there, give the latest update, then leave.  The Q and A can be for the VP and the healthcare experts. 

But, I highly doubt Trump will do that. He loves the spotlight and the attention. 

Spock

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 8:28 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Well. The daily national response update is needed daily. His free wheeling and taking questions needs to stop. 

The first 10 minutes of his briefings where he is updating the nation on things is alright and usually pretty good. It goes downhill once he takes questions. 

I'd say the President should get up there, give the latest update, then leave.  The Q and A can be for the VP and the healthcare experts. 

But, I highly doubt Trump will do that. He loves the spotlight and the attention. 

true.  He cant help it.  

QuakerOats

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 11:52 AM

He exposes the press every day, and they literally can’t help themselves.  He is single-handedly setting them back decades.  I honestly don’t know how he has the energy to do it every single day. 

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 11:54 AM
posted by QuakerOats

He exposes the press every day, and they literally can’t help themselves.  He is single-handedly setting them back decades.  I honestly don’t know how he has the energy to do it every single day. 

Snl Bill Brasky GIF - Snl BillBrasky Cheers GIFs

SportsAndLady

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 12:15 PM

There’s a 100% chance that Quaker would blow trump, if he was asked to. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 12:18 PM
posted by QuakerOats

No he isn't. I doubt he's changed one mind on the matter. People believe in the news media or they don't. Trump is not leading anyone to change their mind. He doesn't like the media. We get it. These daily diatribes are beating a dead horse. Quit taking questions. Just spell out the facts and get off the stage. 

O-Trap

Chief Shenanigans Officer

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 12:39 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 1:02 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Maybe among the sect of people out there now protesting with often-misspelled signs about re-opening shit, but I'd say that otherwise, the people who don't like Trump look at it as him being an ass to people trying to get straight, coherent answers out of him and I'd guess a lot of more moderate people look at it as one big clown arguing with a bunch of smaller clowns.

So, once again, you're trying to broadcast your personal opinions as something THE PEOPLE hold, when it's only a certain percentile who would align with it.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 1:52 PM
posted by QuakerOats

You better get busy Quaker.  Trump has turned on the Drudge Report which is a dilemma for you.  You've got your do-no-wrong leader pitted against the source of much of the stuff you link.  On top of that, there is an article in National Review that explains why COVID is far more deadly than the flu Ihttps://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-kills-more-americans-in-one-month-than-the-flu-kills-in-one-year/. So for you, this must be like your parents fighting.  Who's side will you take?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 22, 2020 5:52 AM
posted by gut

Nice detective work answering a question no one asked.  Geeblock posting again - must be a presidential election year.

The point was there wasn't any traffic or businesses for their rally to shut down and obstruct.  And this is where Quaker chimes in that if businesses WERE open, the rally doesn't happen because they all would have been at work.

Also, LOL at the pictures - they're wearing masks for health reasons.  Antifa wears masks so they can't be identified.

Also, the pic of people holding the Israeli/Jewish rat were not associated with the protests. 

Gblock might be the worst media useful idiot/puppet on this site.  He does this shit all the time.  Most specific memory on the top of my head was with the Covington kids without ever fact checking what he was posting (i.e. trying to shame everyone for shitting on the native American for being a Vietnam vet, even though he was dishonorably discharged and never was deployed in Vietnam lmao).   Even quaker and cc put a little work into all the biased shit they post. 

geeblock

Wed, Apr 22, 2020 8:10 AM
posted by like_that

Also, the pic of people holding the Israeli/Jewish rat were not associated with the protests. 

Gblock might be the worst media useful idiot/puppet on this site.  He does this shit all the time.  Most specific memory on the top of my head was with the Covington kids without ever fact checking what he was posting (i.e. trying to shame everyone for shitting on the native American for being a Vietnam vet, even though he was dishonorably discharged and never was deployed in Vietnam lmao).   Even quaker and cc put a little work into all the biased shit they post. 

Wtf are u talking about let it go dude half the shit u say about me isn’t even accurate. Why are you constantly concerned about me? All the pics I posted were from downtown Columbus this weekend straight from 10tv news.  They drove around everyday blocking traffic and blowing their  horns cause they can’t get a haircut but  please keep defending them. The only thing I said was they are as big of idiots as antifa and I stand by that as they are actually endangering lives  

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 22, 2020 12:29 PM
posted by geeblock

Wtf are u talking about let it go dude half the shit u say about me isn’t even accurate. Why are you constantly concerned about me? All the pics I posted were from downtown Columbus this weekend straight from 10tv news.  They drove around everyday blocking traffic and blowing their  horns cause they can’t get a haircut but  please keep defending them. The only thing I said was they are as big of idiots as antifa and I stand by that as they are actually endangering lives  

You posted photos (in response to gut) claiming these protestors are just like Antifa.  Your "evidence" was consisted of 3 photos of the same bros with their guns and another photo of anti-semitic clowns who had nothing to do with the protest.   Clearly this means everyone protesting in Columbus are just like Antifa vandalizing businesses and attacking people... You can apply that dumbass logic to any group of people who protest.

Gut quickly picked apart your post and I added you're the biggest media puppet/useful idiot on this site (with examples).  I stand by that comment.

geeblock

Wed, Apr 22, 2020 2:39 PM
posted by like_that

You posted photos (in response to gut) claiming these protestors are just like Antifa.  Your "evidence" was consisted of 3 photos of the same bros with their guns and another photo of anti-semitic clowns who had nothing to do with the protest.   Clearly this means everyone protesting in Columbus are just like Antifa vandalizing businesses and attacking people... You can apply that dumbass logic to any group of people who protest.

Gut quickly picked apart your post and I added you're the biggest media puppet/useful idiot on this site (with examples).  I stand by that comment.

This is arguing about nuances of course they aren’t identical but they are both equally stupid. But please continue some diatribe about the media and calling me a puppet. That makes no sense. I have to drive by them everyday they are idiots. You are just proving my point that people hate protests unless they agree with the protest. They are endangering lives while as u put it antifa destroys property. It’s not all that different .