2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Fri, Aug 28, 2020 10:49 AM

Laura Loomer: Got into a spat with Linda Sarsour and things escalated pretty quick and it got ugly. If you recall, Sarsour is the anti-Israel, pro Palestine who publicly stated that she wanted to remove Ayaan Hirsi Ali's (and somebody else I can't remember) vagina out. Things went from bad to worse and eventually all the media companies erased Loomer and kept Sarsour. 

And that's all I really know about her. Oh, except that progressives keep calling her a white supremacist and nazi.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Fri, Aug 28, 2020 10:51 AM

Also the dems are starting to lose more and more of their entitlement votes.

QuakerOats

Fri, Aug 28, 2020 11:15 AM

I didn't know Richard Grennel was gay until last night; on Wednesday night he gave an exceptional speech.  Kudos

QuakerOats

Fri, Aug 28, 2020 11:17 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

If Biden were running against a halfway decent man, I'd agree with you.  Biden is a terrible candidate and I still can't believe that's what they've put out there.  What  you seem to be constantly blind about is that a lot of people don't like Trump because he lies constantly, talks out of both sides of his mouth, is extremely petty and insulting, and claims to be an "outsider" when in fact he's as inside as it gets - NYC society leader and long-time friend of politicians on both sides of the aisle.  What you see as an authentic commitment to changing things many see as a cheap act to keep his station - nothing more.  

I don't think any poll is reliable with all that is happening in the world.  Regardless, I think this decision is going to be a very difficult one for many people.  You are not included in that group of course.  The R's could bring out a wheelbarrow of elephant scat and you'd vote for it.

I understand.  You also assisted in making my point -- Trump says and tweets a lot of stupid stuff; the positive RESULTS are what matter.

Best

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Aug 28, 2020 11:59 AM

posted by CenterBHSFan

Also the dems are starting to lose more and more of their entitlement votes.

And the Pubs are losing a lot of their more middle-of-the-road guys, considering a number of them are going the other way. All washed out in the end, likely.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Fri, Aug 28, 2020 12:29 PM
posted by Heretic
And the Pubs are losing a lot of their more middle-of-the-road guys, considering a number of them are going the other way. All washed out in the end, likely.

Good!  Because they need a complete burn-down too. Neither party has done anybody any favors in what? 20-30 years? Something like that.

Fuck'em

QuakerOats

Tue, Sep 1, 2020 1:27 PM

Pretty sad to hear Biden bumbling through a teleprompter speech in front of a dozen people in Pittsburgh yesterday; then quickly exit without taking a question (obviously).

How did they not see this coming?

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Tue, Sep 1, 2020 1:42 PM

Well, everybody should not be expecting JoMala to do any Q/A's. They've done like, 1 public one and the rest have been interviews with Colbert and such. It's getting boring at this point to wait for it to happen and has been brought to attention ad nauseum.

Just come to realize that the only expectation of Biden that you will ever expect is that he's not the orange man. 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Wed, Sep 2, 2020 6:38 AM

I just saw a clip of Trump spouting off his usual. But what caught me was when he said "Biden doesn't even know he's alive"

While that might catch people off guard and make them laugh (I did), there's going to be millions of people who look at it politically and it's going to piss them off. If Trump loses his reelection it's going to be 100% his own damn fault.

jmog

Wed, Sep 2, 2020 7:21 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I just saw a clip of Trump spouting off his usual. But what caught me was when he said "Biden doesn't even know he's alive"

While that might catch people off guard and make them laugh (I did), there's going to be millions of people who look at it politically and it's going to piss them off. If Trump loses his reelection it's going to be 100% his own damn fault.

Your last sentence is 100% factual.

Spock

Wed, Sep 2, 2020 11:40 AM

Just had a conversation with a head of a union that said "how can I vote against a crappy economy with more taxes, more regulation, higher energy costs.........Got to vote Trump to save my paycheck."

Automatik

Wed, Sep 2, 2020 11:47 AM

People who depend on the president to handle their finances don't know how to make money.

QuakerOats

Wed, Sep 2, 2020 11:52 AM
posted by Automatik

People who depend on the president to handle their finances don't know how to make money.

People who promote the theft of productive labor are Marxists.

QuakerOats

Wed, Sep 2, 2020 11:55 AM

quote joe biden covid 19 has taken 100 years more lives past 100

I heard him actually say this, or should I say mumble through it.  I firmly believe he was about to say the number of deaths from covid - about 160,000, but literally is unable to convert the numerical digits he was looking at in to the words one hundred sixty thousand, so he bungled on through and this is what you got. 

His handlers may eventually be arrested for elder abuse.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Sep 2, 2020 1:31 PM
posted by Automatik

People who depend on the president to 

This right here is the problem.  Too many people depend on the president for many things, including their own happiness. 

Automatik

Wed, Sep 2, 2020 1:56 PM

It's just an illusion they love to grasp on to. It's bizarre. 

majorspark

Fri, Sep 4, 2020 3:27 PM

Its interesting to watch the democrats make the same mistakes they did in 2016.  They still believe the media is going to carry them over the finish line.

gut

Fri, Sep 4, 2020 3:33 PM
posted by Automatik

It's just an illusion they love to grasp on to. It's bizarre. 

The Dems and Repubs have made politics a spectator sport.  And just like in sports, you can be a woman beater and still have a lot of people cheer for you.

The moment you need bipartisanship to get anything done, both sides just give up and instead focus on demonizing the other side to try to take back control.

A big part of it seems to be these career politicians don't know anything and don't have any solutions.  All they can do is pass out money.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Sep 8, 2020 1:21 PM

I drove to Northern Minnesota and back last week, through Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin. I'd say 90% of the Presidential signs I saw along the way were Trump. This certainly means nothing, it was just an observation I had.

Spock

Tue, Sep 8, 2020 1:22 PM
posted by justincredible

I drove to Northern Minnesota and back last week, through Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin. I'd say 90% of the Presidential signs I saw along the way were Trump. This certainly means nothing, it was just an observation I had.

I have seen 500 Trump signs to 1 Biden sign.  I have actually only seen 2 Biden signs.  

QuakerOats

Tue, Sep 8, 2020 1:25 PM

I'd say the ratio from my travels is 20:1 Trump.  However, if you're in Cleveland Heights, it would be the other way around.

Al Bundy

Tue, Sep 8, 2020 1:49 PM
posted by Spock

I have seen 500 Trump signs to 1 Biden sign.  I have actually only seen 2 Biden signs.  

Just for the potential lulz. If the ratio of  Trump to Biden signs is 500 to 1, and you saw 2 Biden signs, how many Trump signs did you see?

Automatik

Tue, Sep 8, 2020 2:03 PM

Trump weirdos all over the place in the Ohio Valley. Flags out of car windows on the highway, posted up yelling on the side of the road. I even saw one guy cruising around talking out of a bullhorn. 

You'd think it was an economically booming area thanks to Donald. LOL