2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Jul 2, 2024 1:12 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

She and MTG should share an office.  

That would lead to some really entertaining reality TV!

"You thought Dumb and Dumber was just a movie? Well, tune in today to watch these two show their ignorance on virtually every facet of their job. And anyone else's. And then wonder just how they got elected and what that says about all the people in their districts!"

gut

Tue, Jul 2, 2024 1:22 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

AOC has said that when she gets back to work from vacation she will open up articles of impeachment against SCOTUS.

I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to bring that up.  SCOTUS is basically making Congress do it's job, and AOC first inclination is to impeach the justices trying to make her do her job.

But to be fair, Kavanaugh and Barret, probably Gorsuch, were deceptive at best when asked about Roe v. Wade at their confirmations.  Arguably they lied, which is indeed an impeachable offense.

They don't have 60 votes in the Senate, but if either party ever did the idea they might impeach justices with opposing ideologies is extremely concerning.

It's not just Trump damaging our institutions.  The filibuster is pretty much the only thing standing in the way of either party doing real, permanent harm.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Tue, Jul 2, 2024 7:02 PM

I don't know why the DNC just died go with who is next in line

I think she's been sending subliminal messages for a while now.

QuakerOats

Wed, Jul 3, 2024 3:10 PM

The people telling you that Trump is a threat to democracy are actually the people that are a threat to democracy.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Jul 3, 2024 4:34 PM
posted by QuakerOats

The people telling you that Trump is a threat to democracy are actually the people that are a threat to democracy.  

Great, thank you.