2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

QuakerOats

Tue, Aug 18, 2020 11:45 AM
posted by MontyBrunswick

I can't be bothered to look up whether the 3rd grade stuff is true, but even if it were, you guys do realize that kids can and do get held back for reasons other than academics, right?

Well, it does appear he still likes third graders.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Tue, Aug 18, 2020 12:03 PM

For the record...

I can tell everybody on this site that being a (in my case, sole) caregiver is the most mental, physical and emotional test of endurance that I've ever had.

And I don't need to have a doctor sign off on that, nor do I need some study or MRI to prove it. But it is something that I can state as a fact and it's up to everybody else to credit it or not. 

Some do, some do not. Because generally people have the political tied to the personal, to varying degrees, is why people either debate or not when it comes to states like I did concerning Biden.

gut

Tue, Aug 18, 2020 12:07 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

The far left isn't really that far away from the far right in ideological PRACTICES.

gut

Tue, Aug 18, 2020 12:13 PM
posted by MontyBrunswick

I can't be bothered to look up whether the 3rd grade stuff is true, but even if it were, you guys do realize that kids can and do get held back for reasons other than academics, right?

True, but you're ignoring the fact that his grades in college and law school were awful.  We all know dumbasses who somehow made it through college.

The Left made a huge deal out of W being a C student at Yale.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Tue, Aug 18, 2020 12:33 PM

Did anybody see Billy Porter's closing act for the convention?

I will objectively and honestly say it was well done, from the design to the production to the actual performance. But when I saw it this morning on Twittah, it immediately brought thoughts of prior propaganda.

majorspark

Tue, Aug 18, 2020 2:31 PM
posted by like_that

I think we all could’ve predicted this, but I think these Zoom conventions will be the least influential conventions of all time.

About as influential as waking up to a late night infomercial.

QuakerOats

Tue, Aug 18, 2020 2:59 PM

Family and handlers need to be called out.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Aug 18, 2020 5:28 PM

Why is Bill Clinton speaking at the convention? #metoo was just a political tool 

Spock

Tue, Aug 18, 2020 5:49 PM
posted by iclfan2

Why is Bill Clinton speaking at the convention? #metoo was just a political tool 

It is unreal that the Dems play politics the way they do then allow this stuff to happen.  

Clinton- record speaks for itself

Harris- family owned slaves on 5 plantations

Warren- lied on college apps about her hertitage 

Biden- lots of sound bites of him saying racist stuff or backing racist legislation

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Aug 19, 2020 3:56 AM

Did AOC actually endorse Bernie last night, or are headlines overplaying it?

gut

Wed, Aug 19, 2020 4:57 AM
posted by like_that

Would Comrade Dementia notice?

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Aug 19, 2020 6:55 AM
posted by like_that

I read that she was asked to second Bernie’s nomination since he got a certain amount of delegates. More of a procedural thing.  

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Aug 19, 2020 7:33 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Well, it does appear he still likes third graders.

Just because he is Catholic...

Spock

Wed, Aug 19, 2020 7:40 AM
posted by iclfan2

I read that she was asked to second Bernie’s nomination since he got a certain amount of delegates. More of a procedural thing.  

Or they are setting up the bait and switch

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 7:55 AM

I watched the last hour of the Convention last night. I was impressed by Biden's speech and the the narrative about him being a decent guy. The empathy and understanding grief was moving. I think that will play with more and more voters who may be just disgusted with the last four years. 

The bar was low for Biden sure, but he did not have any gaffes or fumbles last night. That was probably the best speech I have seen him give yet. 

But, I'm sure people on here will still say he is senile and has dementia. 

Spock

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 8:00 AM

But Biden isnt a good guy.......he is a influence peddler using our tax dollars over seas to line his families pockets, he has serious allegations of abusing a women years ago and how many clips of him saying racist crap.

He has to defend his horrible record and defend what the left is trying to push for future legislation.  Debates will be his downfall.

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 8:04 AM
posted by Spock

But Biden isnt a good guy.......he is a influence peddler using our tax dollars over seas to line his families pockets, he has serious allegations of abusing a women years ago and how many clips of him saying racist crap.

He has to defend his horrible record and defend what the left is trying to push for future legislation.  Debates will be his downfall.

Are you talking about Trump or Biden? 

queencitybuckeye

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 8:08 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Seems equally true either way.

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 8:17 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Seems equally true either way.

Maybe, but hey at least Biden is attempting to care and give a shit about people. Trump just seems like an asshole and people may be sick of that with over 170k dead. 

SportsAndLady

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 8:20 AM

Was going to ask that and also why does a trump supporter seem to care about those things?

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 9:01 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Was going to ask that and also why does a trump supporter seem to care about those things?

Yeah, I don't think voters care honestly. They really didn't in 2016. 

I've joked the Biden slogan is simply this: Biden 2020: At least he is not an asshole. 

QuakerOats

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 9:45 AM

Maybe, but hey at least Biden is attempting to care and give a shit about people. Trump just seems like an asshole and people may be sick of that with over 170k dead. 

Laughable

queencitybuckeye

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 9:53 AM

Maybe, but hey at least Biden  is attempting to care and give a shit about people. Trump just seems like an asshole and people may be sick of that with over 170k dead. 

"is attempting to pretend to care"

QuakerOats

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 9:53 AM

He didn't seem to care much when he wrecked this home:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/17/jill-bidens-ex-husband-accuses-her-of-having-affair-with-joe-biden/

He didn't seem to care much when he sold out our interests to China and Ukraine for personal family gain.

He didn't seem to achieve much when he spent 45 years in government and says everything is 'dark' and a disaster today. 

Hard to believe otherwise-intelligent people believe the same bullshit over and over and over.  For the lifers profiting in politics you are their dream.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 10:22 AM

Being an asshole is a spectrum, and Biden and Trump are both on the far right end of it.