2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

ptown_trojans_1

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 11:36 AM
posted by gut

Let me just sum this up:

Trump is an idiot.  Biden is validated bigger idiot...AND has dementia. 

Fuck all of you I'm voting for JJ

Look man, you are just saying Biden has dementia without any medical evidence or a valid medical perspective. It is just your word and point of view. 

You are claiming the campaign is actively hiding it from the American public. 

That is a hell of a statement from just saying Joe has lost a step or is not smart. I totally disagree with saying he has the issue without medical evidence. That is my point. 

Also, if people really cared about this you would see Biden trailing in the polls. You are not. 

In the end, voters may look at Biden and say, while he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, he is not as bad as Trump. I think that is hard to swallow for a lot of posters on here who just see them as the same. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 11:50 AM
posted by Heretic

For more substance, I'm just wondering how we, as a country, got to the point where our top choices to be our fucking leader are:

1. A fucking dumbass who might be going senile.

2. A fucking dumbass who can't go more than two sentences without saying something so mindbogglingly false/stupid that he also might be going senile.

All this says to me is that we need fewer politicians because I can make better choices as to anything than these fucks and have gotten to the point where I openly hate the simple fact that a bunch of fucking morons have any control over anything I do. Even if my "respect" for the law basically has me doing what I want regardless of what is considered legal, right or whatever.

Back in the day, there was a little thing called "decimation" where if your army wasn't getting shit done, you'd have 10% of them killed via random selection as a message to the rest. If I was king for a day, every damn politician on the state or federal level would be subject to that. Well, I might go higher than 10% (I don't know, 85%?) because I'm not sure that's a strong enough number to send the message that needs sent. And that's how to actually drain the swamp, as opposed to simply replacing an established swamp with your family and friends who aren't qualified to run night shift at a 7/11 without constant supervision.

Before anyone asks, yes, despite sleeping the last 7-8 hours, I'm still drunk from last night.

“Giant douche vs shit sandwich” South Park episode has never been more accurate  

Spock

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 12:03 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Look man, you are just saying Biden has dementia without any medical evidence or a valid medical perspective. It is just your word and point of view. 

You are claiming the campaign is actively hiding it from the American public. 

That is a hell of a statement from just saying Joe has lost a step or is not smart. I totally disagree with saying he has the issue without medical evidence. That is my point. 

Also, if people really cared about this you would see Biden trailing in the polls. You are not. 

In the end, voters may look at Biden and say, while he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, he is not as bad as Trump. I think that is hard to swallow for a lot of posters on here who just see them as the same. 

They surely arent trying to hide the fact that they are hiding/shielding him.  Thats leads most to believe that he is not healthy

Spock

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 12:05 PM
posted by Heretic

All this says to me is that we need fewer politicians 

Let me remind you, Trump isnt a politician.  

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 12:29 PM
posted by Spock

He is literally the President, thus a politician. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 12:49 PM
posted by Heretic

For more substance, I'm just wondering how we, as a country, got to the point where our top choices to be our fucking leader are:

2. A fucking dumbass who can't go more than two sentences without saying something so mindbogglingly false/stupid that he also might be going senile.

All this says to me is that we need fewer politicians because I can make better choices as to anything than these fucks and have gotten to the point where I openly hate the simple fact that a bunch of fucking morons have any control over anything I do. Even if my "respect" for the law basically has me doing what I want regardless of what is considered legal, right or whatever.

Back in the day, there was a little thing called "decimation" where if your army wasn't getting shit done, you'd have 10% of them killed via random selection as a message to the rest. If I was king for a day, every damn politician on the state or federal level would be subject to that. Well, I might go higher than 10% (I don't know, 85%?) because I'm not sure that's a strong enough number to send the message that needs sent. And that's how to actually drain the swamp, as opposed to simply replacing an established swamp with your family and friends who aren't qualified to run night shift at a 7/11 without constant supervision.

Before anyone asks, yes, despite sleeping the last 7-8 hours, I'm still drunk from last night.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 1:34 PM
posted by Spock

Shut up, you fucking idiot. A person holding a political office is a politician.

gut

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 2:50 PM

People on both sides of the aisle have those questions.  And when the basement strategy is real, yeah, it begs the question what they're hiding.  Go ahead and make excuses how this is a typical campaign when it clearly is not.

If and when it's shown otherwise, then fine.  Until then my suspicion is his events have been limited because he doesn't have the mental stamina to campaign like that.

MontyBrunswick

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 3:18 PM

posted by Spock

BRF

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 3:22 PM
posted by Spock

ptown_trojans_1

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 3:28 PM
posted by gut

People on both sides of the aisle have those questions.  And when the basement strategy is real, yeah, it begs the question what they're hiding.  Go ahead and make excuses how this is a typical campaign when it clearly is not.

If and when it's shown otherwise, then fine.  Until then my suspicion is his events have been limited because he doesn't have the mental stamina to campaign like that.

It is one thing to ask the questions, it is a whole other matter to say he in fact has dementia. 

Apparently, you just jump to your own conclusions based off of your perceived bias and views. 

You are claiming he has dementia with zero actual medical evidence and claiming the campaign and the entire D party is hiding it from all of us. 

Spock

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 3:35 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

He is literally the President, thus a politician. 

He ran for president as a person that wasnt a DC politician.......you can argue semantics about what the word "president" means but after almost 4 years, he still doesnt act like a "politician"

And I like that.

gut

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 3:46 PM

It is one thing to ask the questions, it is a whole other matter to say he in fact has dementia. 

Apparently, you just jump to your own conclusions based off of your perceived bias and views. 

You are claiming he has dementia with zero actual medical evidence and claiming the campaign and the entire D party is hiding it from all of us.

LOL, it's a message board - without speculation there's not much to debate and discuss. It's called hyperbole, and most people (but clearly not all) can pick-up on the difference.  You're taking an almost personal offense to it as if he was your dad or something.  You don't believe he has dementia. Noted. Again and again and again.

And, for the record, I'm not "jumping to conclusions" I'm drawing inferences off obvious abnormalities.  You want to dismiss it all as the usual Biden gaffes, but many people recognize it's different from his usual gaffes.  That's the basis for the questions.

There's definitely smoke here. You're going to pretend not to worry about a fire until you see the house burnt down.  That's fine, although I'm quite sure you wouldn't hold the same standard for people on the other side of the aisle.

gut

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 3:48 PM

I'm asking the question why his campaign activities have been so limited. Not a claim, observation of a fact and asking why. 

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 3:51 PM
posted by Spock

He ran for president as a person that wasnt a DC politician.......you can argue semantics about what the word "president" means but after almost 4 years, he still doesnt act like a "politician"

And I like that.

No, he acts like an asshole. How wonderful. Regardless, he's still a politician. 

friendfromlowry

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 4:52 PM
posted by Spock

You defending this is unreal.  You are always quick to respond but with almost zero substance.  Just attacking posters.  

Friend, take the dumbest kid in your 3rd class, think about who they were in HS getting d's...... I guess you would vote for them?

Who, besides you, have I attacked without substance? And I don’t need substance to attack you anyways. For the record, I’m not voting for Biden. But maybe I will just to cancel out your vote for Trump. 

I can barely remember anyone in my third grade class, let alone the dumb ones. It’s a stupid comparison anyways because the dumb kids in 3rd grade or high school weren’t going on to law school or the US Senate/Vice Presidency for 40+ years. 

Spock

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 8:28 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Who, besides you, have I attacked without substance? And I don’t need substance to attack you anyways. For the record, I’m not voting for Biden. But maybe I will just to cancel out your vote for Trump. 

I can barely remember anyone in my third grade class, let alone the dumb ones. It’s a stupid comparison anyways because the dumb kids in 3rd grade or high school weren’t going on to law school or the US Senate/Vice Presidency for 40+ years. 

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLKIOLKJUKIOLOP:O:LP:LP:P:OLOLLOLOL

Except for Joe Biden....the dumb kid in 3rd grade is running for president

MontyBrunswick

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 8:48 PM

I can't be bothered to look up whether the 3rd grade stuff is true, but even if it were, you guys do realize that kids can and do get held back for reasons other than academics, right?

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 9:07 PM
posted by MontyBrunswick

I can't be bothered to look up whether the 3rd grade stuff is true, but even if it were, you guys do realize that kids can and do get held back for reasons other than academics, right?

From what I’ve read, he moved around then, so they held him back. But I’m not objective so who knows. He definitely scored low in his law class though. 

BRF

Sun, Aug 16, 2020 9:34 PM

Vote for Biden to spite him.

BRF approves of this message.

😁

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Mon, Aug 17, 2020 3:34 PM
Will wait to see what Spock says. 

Yep, I laughed!

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Mon, Aug 17, 2020 3:34 PM
Will wait to see what Spock says. 

Yep, I laughed!

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Mon, Aug 17, 2020 3:36 PM
posted by Heretic

Hunger Games for D.C.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Mon, Aug 17, 2020 3:42 PM

After reading through the past handful of pages, I can definitely say that I'm against progressives.

The far left isn't really that far away from the far right in ideological PRACTICES.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Aug 18, 2020 1:37 AM

I think we all could’ve predicted this, but I think these Zoom conventions will be the least influential conventions of all time.