2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

SportsAndLady

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 11:09 AM
posted by justincredible

Being an asshole is a spectrum, and Biden and Trump are both on the far right end of it. 

Dems and pubs arguing about which presidential candidate is more of a slimy asshole is PEAK 2020 politics.

It’s also like two 3rd graders arguing at recess about who’s dad is stronger 

queencitybuckeye

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 11:23 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Dems and pubs arguing about which presidential candidate is more of a slimy asshole is PEAK 2020 politics.

True, and you'd have to go back a LOOOONG way to find this not to be true.

No, not him (D).

No, him either (R).

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 11:28 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

If both dads were 90-pound weaklings who'd likely get flat-out murdered if going against anyone other than each other. While all the other third graders are just laughing at those two for being stupid little bitches.

Spock

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 12:41 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1
Are you talking about Trump or Biden? 

Trump is not a influence peddler, he is a doer.  The difference is that Trump has got shit done and Biden never got anything done.  

Spock

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 12:43 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I didnt have a dad, I just started swinging

gut

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 12:13 PM
posted by justincredible

Holy shit.  So Biden has come full circle to finally plagiarizing....himself?

But I supposed if you want to avoid senior moments then you go with a speech he's already given.

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 2:59 PM
posted by gut

But I supposed if you want to avoid senior moments then you go with a speech he's already given.

Which is better, what Biden said or whatever the fuck Trump said today? Wooboy. 

I know they both suck, but after comparing the two so far, I cannot see how people equate the two. Trump is just spewing so many false statements it is hard to keep pace. 

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 3:05 PM

Also, we cool with the sitting Secretary of State giving a political speech from Israel? 

kizer permanente

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 3:38 PM
posted by gut

can't really plagiarize yourself.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 3:40 PM

Yeah, I’m confused why the outrage...he can’t say things more than once? 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 4:03 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing the same promises being made in 4 years. In 8 years. In 12 years. Forever, until I die.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 4:04 PM

I know they both suck, but after comparing the two so far, I cannot see how people equate the two. Trump is just spewing so many false statements it is hard to keep pace. 

Is this whataboutism? I've heard that's bad.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 4:11 PM
posted by justincredible

I'm looking forward to hearing the same promises being made in 4 years. In 8 years. In 12 years. Forever, until I die.

Politicians gonna politician 

gut

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 4:22 PM
posted by kizer permanente

can't really plagiarize yourself.

That's what makes it a joke....along with Biden's history of plagiarism.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 4:24 PM
posted by justincredible

An interesting word that has gotten traction in this very forum over the last 6-12 months.  It's origins on here seem suspicious though.  Sounds an awful lot like a google search grab that was pawned off as a part of a poster's everyday vocabulary.  Then again, since we are all medical, legal, coaching, business, programming, experts, maybe it was always part of our vernacular.  

QuakerOats

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 5:33 PM

LOL

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 5:33 PM
posted by justincredible

Well, if that means comparing what Trump says at a convention and then what Biden says at a convention then I guess....

gut

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 7:57 PM

The African-American women (Kimberly Klacik) running in Maryland is speaking tonight.  I guess Diamond and Silk weren't available.

I'm curious to see how she does.  Could be a ginormous moment for her, except she probably has no chance of winning her district.  So even if she gives a great speech tonight, where does she go from there?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Aug 25, 2020 7:51 AM
posted by gut

The African-American women (Kimberly Klacik) running in Maryland is speaking tonight.  I guess Diamond and Silk weren't available.

I'm curious to see how she does.  Could be a ginormous moment for her, except she probably has no chance of winning her district.  So even if she gives a great speech tonight, where does she go from there?

She definitely has 0 shot of winning, but she is going to grow her platform one way or the other. From what I have seen so far she is very well spoken.  The diamond and silk show is not a fair comparison.

Devils Advocate

Brudda o da bomber

Tue, Aug 25, 2020 11:24 AM

If I were Diamond or Silk, I would think exactly that

gut

Tue, Aug 25, 2020 12:09 PM

She blew it.  I had a hard time understanding every other word, probably because of the audio but also because she doesn't enunciate all that well.  Wasn't helped by the fact the sound & video were a bit out of sync.  And all that drew my focus to a gigantic set of chompers.

Again, unless Trump wins and gives her an administrative position, she really has nowhere to go.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Aug 25, 2020 12:53 PM
posted by gut

She blew it.  I had a hard time understanding every other word, probably because of the audio but also because she doesn't enunciate all that well.  Wasn't helped by the fact the sound & video were a bit out of sync.  And all that drew my focus to a gigantic set of chompers.

Again, unless Trump wins and gives her an administrative position, she really has nowhere to go.

Isn't that generally the end result of being a "firebrand" politician who happens to live in a state/region that tends to go hardcore towards the other party? Either parlaying your diehard nature into a job under a high-ranking politician like the president or into a pundit job on TV, with a side bonus of doing a book or two about how the other side sucks and your side is the only way to save the country.

Shit, if anything, it's probably better to be in that position. Get your name out there by being really loud and defiant in a battle everyone knows you're going to lose and fall upwards where you'll get the fame and recognition, minus most of the headaches you'd have if you were actually trying to do something.

gut

Tue, Aug 25, 2020 1:39 PM
posted by Heretic

...Either parlaying your diehard nature into a job under a high-ranking politician like the president or into a pundit job on TV

I thought of a tv gig when I wrote that.  But if Candace Owens can't do better than infrequent contributor, there's not much hope for KK.

I don't know if she's a "diehard" or "firebrand" - only seen a 30 second commercial and a 60 second speech.  Just pointing out she got a huge opportunity and failed before she started because of technical issues.  If it was live, then they made a bad choice to go live having seen the variety of glitches with the DNC.  If it was recorded then there's really no excuse.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 25, 2020 4:29 PM

She posted a photo on tweeter back in 2017 that came up as a top google image search item. I'll refrain from posting it here.