2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

QuakerOats

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 10:39 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Whoops now he’s saying he will approve a stimulus plan. Chess! He’s playing chess people! 

Not necessarily a full blown 'stimulus plan', but rather targeted relief for airlines and small businesses ......frankly using funds already available, plus another $1,200 check.

It should have always been targeted relief, yet Pelosi and Chuck U Schumer have literally tried to steal trillions to pay for NON-covid pork .........fuck them

Spock

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 10:48 AM
posted by QuakerOats

It should have always been targeted relief, yet Pelosi and Chuck U Schumer have literally tried to steal trillions to pay for NON-covid pork .........fuck them

We will all agree on this

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 11:11 AM

Wait... so we are getting another $1200 check?

QuakerOats

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 4:18 PM

3098567_web1_AP20280736131220

Trump supporters lining the road as Biden's motorcade arrives at Gettysburg for a speech yesterday.

LOL

gut

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 4:22 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Trump supporters lining the road as Biden's motorcade arrives at Gettysburg for a speech yesterday.

I think that has to be the new standard for "full politard".  Personally, I've never understood the interest/desire/motivation to attend a political rally, but showing up to boo the motorcade of the opponent is next-level.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 5:08 PM

Ken Bone tweeted that he sent in his vote for Jo Jorgensen and the left is going after him for not voting for their geriatric candidate. 

Because, you know, democracy is literally at stake here. So vote for our candidate or you're a piece of shit.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 5:14 PM
posted by justincredible

Ken Bone tweeted that he sent in his vote for Jo Jorgensen and the left is going after him for not voting for their geriatric candidate. 

Because, you know, democracy is literally at stake here. So vote for our candidate or you're a piece of shit.

I don't understand that at all.  It's American to vote for who you want.  Nowadays it has to be vilified if you don't agree with exactly what I agree with.  That is simply nuts.  

MontyBrunswick

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 5:23 PM
posted by justincredible

Ken Bone tweeted 

gut

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 5:24 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I don't understand that at all.  It's American to vote for who you want.  Nowadays it has to be vilified if you don't agree with exactly what I agree with.  That is simply nuts.  

Ptown can straighten you out that the Dems aren't actually fascist, they just act like they are.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 5:28 PM
posted by MontyBrunswick

friendfromlowry

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 5:56 PM

Taylor Swift voting for Biden! Take THAT Trumpers!!!!

ptown_trojans_1

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 7:23 PM
posted by gut

Ptown can straighten you out that the Dems aren't actually fascist, they just act like they are.

They both largely suck. There ya go. 

ptown_trojans_1

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 7:28 PM

This is shaping up to be a repeat of 2018, the blue wave. More and more polls are showing Biden above the margin of error in most state polls. The Senate is more than likely to switch parties, and the House will stay D. 

Reading all the aggregate polls and analysis from Cook and 538, Trump would need an even bigger margin of error in all the battleground states to win, and unless something drastic happens in the next few weeks, that is unlikely to change. 

That may be the reason for the DNI shit. 

In the end, I really think it all boils down to this for Trump: People are tired of his shit and blame him and his leadership during this pandemic. 

He is the incumbent and people are going to blame him and his party. End of story.  

MontyBrunswick

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 8:13 PM

i've noticed an interesting phenomenon... Trump homes that put signs in their yard are significantly more likely to put up 2-3 signs for some reason.

The Biden homes tend not to do that.

MontyBrunswick

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 8:15 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

He is the incumbent and people are going to blame him and his party. End of story.  

unless you're delusional like QO and Spock

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 9:06 PM

MontyBrunswick

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 10:27 PM
posted by justincredible

"man everyone forgot about insulted by left-wing twitter account of a site that nobody reads"

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 10:58 PM
posted by MontyBrunswick

"man everyone forgot about insulted by left-wing twitter account of a site that nobody reads"

Apologies for posting things you don’t care about. Tell me more about Trump signs.

gut

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 11:03 PM

I thought Pence was mostly winning the debate...until a fly landed on his plastered hair and made home for like two minutes.

I don't know if it got stuck or what.  But that's not going to go well.

MontyBrunswick

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 11:37 PM
posted by justincredible

Apologies for posting things you don’t care about. Tell me more about Trump signs.

there's not much more to say.

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 6:45 AM
posted by gut

I thought Pence was mostly winning the debate...until a fly landed on his plastered hair and made home for like two minutes.

I don't know if it got stuck or what.  But that's not going to go well.

Which speaks to the value of these things in general.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 8:30 AM

Kamala must have done really well if the discussion this morning is about a fly and “mansplaining”. Can’t believe anyone actually watched it. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 9:23 AM

friendfromlowry

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 9:35 AM

Trump said he wouldn’t waste time participating in a virtual debate and I have to agree. No point in anymore debates. There can’t possibly be many people out there still undecided.