2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

gut

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 9:56 AM
posted by iclfan2

Kamala must have done really well if the discussion this morning is about a fly and “mansplaining”. Can’t believe anyone actually watched it. 

Kamala may be more unlikable than Hillary.  She had this terrible forced smile all night, and she's mastered that coastal elite condescending laugh/grin.

She also repeated many of the sensational and "unsourced" smear pieces as facts.  How convenient for NYT and WaPo to provide the Biden campaign with tabloid journalism.

gut

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 9:58 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Trump said he wouldn’t waste time participating in a virtual debate and I have to agree. No point in anymore debates. There can’t possibly be many people out there still undecided.

If Pence could have debated for Trump last week it might have made a difference.

But nobody cares.  The election is a referendum on Trump, and if he wasn't such a vulgar asshole he'd probably still be winning.

QuakerOats

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 10:34 AM
posted by gut

Kamala may be more unlikable than Hillary.  She had this terrible forced smile all night, and she's mastered that coastal elite condescending laugh/grin.

She also repeated many of the sensational and "unsourced" smear pieces as facts.  How convenient for NYT and WaPo to provide the Biden campaign with tabloid journalism.

Bingo -- she was pathetic .......

Pence did an excellent job.

The differences are amazingly stark.

No wonder the anti-Trumper Commission on Debates had to run cover for biden/harris this morning.  Incredible how big and ubiquitous the swamp establishment truly is.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 10:45 AM
posted by QuakerOats

No wonder the anti-Trumper Commission on Debates had to run cover for biden/harris this morning.  Incredible how big and ubiquitous the swamp establishment truly is.

Trump could have run away with the win in this election if he'd have kept his obnoxious bullying asshole ways in check even a little.  I get why people like him.  But regardless of what you think, his constantly acting like a jerk does nothing to bring into the fold the undecideds.  Sure to his core followers it re-affirms why they like him.  But it is not going to help him on election day.  Of all years too - when the dems put up such a horrible candidate.  Trump is his worst enemy and has no one to blame but himself if he loses.  You can't hang this on "the media" or whatever else.  His lack of self-control could prove to be his downfall.  

Spock

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 11:15 AM
posted by QuakerOats

For them to just make a decision without getting input from the parties that are actually debating is ridiculous.  Biden will 100% have an ear piece in, have a teleprompter etc....

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 11:48 AM
posted by justincredible

lol, Palmer is an unhinged idiot.  Look at his twitter account.  He will have 0 career once Trump is gone.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 11:50 AM
posted by justincredible

Apologies for posting things you don’t care about. Tell me more about Trump signs.

Never figured dlazz would get so triggered over Ken Bone.  2020 is crazy amirite!?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 12:12 PM
posted by like_that

lol, Palmer is an unhinged idiot.  Look at his twitter account.  He will have 0 career once Trump is gone.

Yeah, I've had the misfortune of seeing his tweets from time to time. It's a big ol' yikes.

QuakerOats

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 4:44 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Trump could have run away with the win in this election if he'd have kept his obnoxious bullying asshole ways in check even a little.  I get why people like him.  But regardless of what you think, his constantly acting like a jerk does nothing to bring into the fold the undecideds.  Sure to his core followers it re-affirms why they like him.  But it is not going to help him on election day.  Of all years too - when the dems put up such a horrible candidate.  Trump is his worst enemy and has no one to blame but himself if he loses.  You can't hang this on "the media" or whatever else.  His lack of self-control could prove to be his downfall.  

Without question he does himself a disservice when he goes off sometimes .......never argued that.  I personally do not like his style at all, but then I realize the perpetual beating he and his family have taken 24/7/365 for four years, and yeah, sometimes you have to unload and defend yourself.  

As I've stated repeatedly, we only care about positive results for the American people, and on that most important criteria, he has been excellent.  We quit caring and worrying about his tweets long ago.

kizer permanente

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 8:43 PM
posted by justincredible

Who’s the bigger boogeyman for the right... Hillary or Soros? 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 9:20 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Who’s the bigger boogeyman for the right... Hillary or Soros? 

No clue, I just thought it was a funny joke.

kizer permanente

Thu, Oct 8, 2020 9:46 PM

Edit: im an idiot lol I didn’t even fully read it. I get it now lol 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 7:04 AM

Biden now saying that everyone will have to wait until the day after the election to find out if he will pack the courts or not.

geeblock

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 8:43 AM
posted by geeblock

https://twitter.com/lancereddick/status/1314341993535868928?s=21

My god I can’t believe anyone could be dense enough to vote for this person to run our country just to own the libs 

Also I just realized this is green screen and they CGI d his hands 

QuakerOats

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 10:23 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Biden now saying that everyone will have to wait until the day after the election to find out if he will pack the courts or not.

Ala Nancy Pelosi and obamaKare:

'If you want to see what's in the plan we will have to pass the plan first'

gut

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 10:31 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Pray the Repubs hold on to at least 48 or 49 seats and maybe a 2-3 reasonable Dems will stand against ending the filibuster and stacking the SCOTUS.  A few have said they would.

Would adding D.C. and Puerto Rico require ratification by the states?  If so, that's never happening.

QuakerOats

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 2:20 PM

Pelosi doing a test run on the 25th Amendment in order to be in position to remove Biden and make the uber-radical Harris the president by next June.

All that is now necessary to execute the plan is the expected mail ballot fraud to get them in the door.

kizer permanente

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 2:54 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Pelosi doing a test run on the 25th Amendment in order to be in position to remove Biden and make the uber-radical Harris the president by next June.

All that is now necessary to execute the plan is the expected mail ballot fraud to get them in the door.

How did Ohio chatter get a troll farm account? 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 3:25 PM
posted by kizer permanente

How did Ohio chatter get a troll farm account? 

He is skilled at going so far over-the-top so as to seem a parody account run by an uber-lib who thinks that's how all conservatives act.

QuakerOats

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 3:48 PM

Wish you could debate the facts, but libs only know one thing:  attack character.

Have a great weekend.

kizer permanente

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 3:50 PM
posted by Heretic

He is skilled at going so far over-the-top so as to seem a parody account run by an uber-lib who thinks that's how all conservatives act.

Every post looks  legit like a tweet from “Jim” from “USA” who’s followed by 52 other common names who tweet the exact content word for word lol 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 4:07 PM

I'm not liking any of what the democrats have been doing these past four years. From Russiagate to impeachment to threatening to pack courts/end filibuster now the 25th amendment. All because they hate the Orange Man so bad that they'll do anything to get power back. None of this is "ok". If this latest tactic doesn't work what is next? What else could they possibly do?

They have been the cause of more disruption, more violence and more awful political theater than Trump could ever have imagined doing. 

What's worse, they are setting precedent to have the republicans follow suit. Bloody hell. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 4:45 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Wish you could debate the facts, but libs only know one thing:  attack character.

Have a great weekend.

If you ever get to the point where you sound like a real person and not a particularly aggressive right-wing bot, you might actually be worth debating!

QuakerOats

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 5:01 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I'm not liking any of what the democrats have been doing these past four years. From Russiagate to impeachment to threatening to pack courts/end filibuster now the 25th amendment. All because they hate the Orange Man so bad that they'll do anything to get power back. None of this is "ok". If this latest tactic doesn't work what is next? What else could they possibly do?

They have been the cause of more disruption, more violence and more awful political theater than Trump could ever have imagined doing. 

What's worse, they are setting precedent to have the republicans follow suit. Bloody hell. 

Complete lack of manners, sportsmanship, and respect.  Among the worst we have to offer.