2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Wed, Sep 30, 2020 4:28 PM
posted by jmog

God why did the dems give us this moron rather than someone who knew what the hell is going on like Tulsi or Yang?

Tulsi is now anathema to everybody on the left it seems.

1.) She called out Kamala

2.) She called out Hillary

3.) She co-wrote a bipartisan bill and then had the audacity to use a Project Veritas video expose to pretty much say "hey, see this is why we wrote a bipartisan bill". 

I think PV is a 50/50 thing. Sometimes they've gotten it right and sometimes wrong. I get what her intention was, but the left is acting like their skin is melting off and Tulsi slapped their mother. They were even calling her a republican haha!

gut

Wed, Sep 30, 2020 5:01 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

They were even calling her a republican haha!

I doubt Tulsi would switch parties, but I could see her declare as Independent or even Libertarian.

On the other hand, if she has real aspirations for POTUS or VP, she's probably going to have to run as a Republican in 2024.  She could pull a Reagan and say she did it because the party went batshit leftist.

jmog

Wed, Sep 30, 2020 9:35 PM
posted by gut

I doubt Tulsi would switch parties, but I could see her declare as Independent or even Libertarian.

On the other hand, if she has real aspirations for POTUS or VP, she's probably going to have to run as a Republican in 2024.  She could pull a Reagan and say she did it because the party went batshit leftist.

She wouldn’t be wrong  

kizer permanente

Wed, Sep 30, 2020 9:55 PM
posted by jmog

She wouldn’t be wrong  

Is that why Biden overwhelmingly beat Bernie ? 

jmog

Wed, Sep 30, 2020 10:06 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Is that why Biden overwhelmingly beat Bernie ? 

Pay attention. 

Hillary was losing to Bernie until the DNC rigged it. 

Biden was going to lose to Bernie if they hadn’t talked the other moon bat Warren to stay in and siphon Bernie votes until the last minute.

The DNC doesn’t want Bernie, but Democrats would far rather Bernie over Biden. The last two elections prove this. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 1:59 AM
posted by gut

She is nowhere near a libertarian. 

kizer permanente

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 7:31 AM
posted by jmog

Pay attention. 

Hillary was losing to Bernie until the DNC rigged it. 

Biden was going to lose to Bernie if they hadn’t talked the other moon bat Warren to stay in and siphon Bernie votes until the last minute.

The DNC doesn’t want Bernie, but Democrats would far rather Bernie over Biden. The last two elections prove this. 

Bernie was winning states no one lives in. Both Hillary and Biden won when they got to states where there’s actually people.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 9:09 AM
posted by like_that

She is nowhere near a libertarian. 

She's libertarian when it comes to war and, I think, the drug war. But everything else is pretty bad. Still, she's at the very least a reasonable, articulate person.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 9:25 AM
posted by justincredible

She's libertarian when it comes to war and, I think, the drug war. But everything else is pretty bad. Still, she's at the very least a reasonable, articulate person.

Yeah, that's normally why people try to say she is a libertarian, but other than that her stance on many issues are far from libertarian.  AOC and Bernie are also anti war, but we all know they aren't even close to libertarians.

Spock

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 10:52 AM
posted by gut

I think given all the grave concern over false Russian collusion claims, the very real millions of dollars Hunter received from several bad actors should be an issue.

It may be fairly common among friends and family of influential politicians, but there is absolutely no doubt those payments are quid pro quo because he was completely unqualified (and the Burisma payments were about double or more what most F500's pay, even Goldman).  Now there were no policy inconsistencies found, but it may have been a hedged bet that Biden would run in 2016 (we're talking SOVEREIGNS where a few million, even a few billion, is a rounding error).  So when he becomes POTUS, there may be some debts owed.

And now we know why he is running in 2020....Biden was bought and paid for in 2016 and he didnt run.  Now the checks are bouncing and people want their money back.  If he doesnt run, his son goes fishing with concrete boots on

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 3:50 AM

I heard Trump's dying wish (if he were to die) is for the senate to confirm ACB. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 4:28 PM

Trump is an idiot. Instead of blaming Pelosi/ Schumer for their lack of another stimulus, he comes out and says that he doesn't want the Senate to work on it anymore until after the election. Not the way to win close Senate races or the presidency. The stock market reacted negatively (immediately) as well. Take his phone away. 

gut

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 5:21 PM
posted by iclfan2

Trump is an idiot. ...The stock market reacted negatively (immediately) as well. Take his phone away. 

Probably a buying opportunity.  Every time he's pulled this crap on trade deals or stimulus, the market tanks, and then in the days that follow he walks it back and/or an agreement is eventually reached.

It would be REALLY INTERESTING to look at the portfolios of his kids and see if they were trading ahead of these statements.

Spock

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 5:26 PM

Trump is playing chess here.......acting like he doesnt want it done means that the Dems will speed full steam ahead and the deal will be done next week.  He will sing it, people will get paid and nobody will remember he tweeted that

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 5:32 PM
posted by Spock

Trump is playing chess here.......acting like he doesnt want it done means that the Dems will speed full steam ahead and the deal will be done next week.  He will sing it, people will get paid and nobody will remember he tweeted that

Another prediction from Nostra-fucking-dumbass. More likely, it's the natural result of a crazy old man on a wild combination of meds blurting out whatever thoughts burst into his mind.

Spock

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 5:42 PM
posted by Heretic

Another prediction from Nostra-fucking-dumbass. More likely, it's the natural result of a crazy old man on a wild combination of meds blurting out whatever thoughts burst into his mind.

I laugh at the sad world people like you live in when you post this about the guy in country of 350,000,000 people that won the presidency.  I wonder how you feel about the rest of us?

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 5:47 PM
posted by Spock

I laugh at the sad world people like you live in when you post this about the guy in country of 350,000,000 people that won the presidency.  I wonder how you feel about the rest of us?

You: Fucking moron. Other people: Taken on a case-by-case sort of thing.

And by that stupid standard you just set, that means any time that you or any other of the site conservatives made snarky comments about Obama, YOU MUST HATE ALL OF US 'MURRCANS!!!!!!

geeblock

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 6:40 PM
posted by Spock

Lol this is way too much credit ... more likely he’s trying to pack the court so if he doesn’t win the election he can challenge 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 8:16 PM
posted by geeblock

Lol this is way too much credit ... more likely he’s trying to pack the court so if he doesn’t win the election he can challenge 

Well, Trump is definitely trying to get ACB in there, if anything just so he can say he did it. Who knows with that guy?

But it's the dem party leaders straight up saying that they will pack the courts, end the filibuster, etc.

gut

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 8:35 PM

I can't stop laughing at Biden saying the nomination should wait for the next POTUS.  "Let the voters decide".  But won't say who he'd pick or whether he'd pack the court.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 12:02 AM

Whoops now he’s saying he will approve a stimulus plan. Chess! He’s playing chess people! 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 4:02 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Whoops now he’s saying he will approve a stimulus plan. Chess! He’s playing chess people! 

4D chess.

queencitybuckeye

Wed, Oct 7, 2020 7:58 AM
posted by gut

I can't stop laughing at Biden saying the nomination should wait for the next POTUS.  "Let the voters decide".  But won't say who he'd pick or whether he'd pack the court.

The bothersome part of this to me is that in spite of doing little to nothing over the past X years, they're saying "we should just take the next few months off". This bothers me even more than the fact that the voters DID decide. In 2014, 2016, and 2018 and the terms are still in effect.