OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

MontyBrunswick

Fri, Aug 3, 2018 6:46 PM
posted by Belly35

Check  where the failure failed first that where this issue should end.

In your case, conception.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Aug 3, 2018 6:49 PM
posted by FatHobbit

I would like to see this info from a source because it smells of victim blaming to me. But I would not be disappointed if it's true. I wish everyone would take a step back now, not jump to conclusions, and wait for the results of the investigation. 

I think, to me, that if a drunk person (coach's wife or not) repeatedly came to practices to harass people, as said in that thing, something would have happened or came out long ago. In this day and age, I legit can't fathom how that could happen without something blown up. Coaches are notorious for hating anything they might consider a distraction and that seems like a far bigger distraction than a lot of stuff they refuse to tolerate around their programs. And as geeblock said, 911 deciding to stop taking her calls? Lol, that's a horrible breech of professionalism; I'd think if she was making a lot of frivolous calls to them, there'd be some sort of action taken, but not a "that number again? just don't pick it up." sort of thing.

Classyposter58

Fri, Aug 3, 2018 9:20 PM

Crazy how Texas is worried now about Herman and Beck as they could get dragged into this as well as they worked with him for years

FatHobbit

Fri, Aug 3, 2018 11:23 PM
posted by superman

McMurphy was interviewed on Columbus sports radio today.  He said that OSU needs to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Urban didn't know.  How do you prove a negative? I would like McMurphy to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he didn't molest his daughter. 

He's probably afraid he'll either look really bad if this comes out as being false, or get his pants sued off. I hope both. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Aug 4, 2018 7:47 AM
posted by superman

McMurphy was interviewed on Columbus sports radio today.  He said that OSU needs to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Urban didn't know. 

Since when does the accused have to prove their innocence? The burden of proof is on the accuser. This should be pretty cut and dry if there is an incident report somewhere. Don’t give a shit that Meyer minced words or purposefuly lied to the media. 

superman

Sat, Aug 4, 2018 8:11 AM
posted by iclfan2

Since when does the accused have to prove their innocence? The burden of proof is on the accuser. This should be pretty cut and dry if there is an incident report somewhere. Don’t give a shit that Meyer minced words or purposefuly lied to the media. 

That's my whole point.  He wants tOSU to prove a negative.  He shoul be held to that standard.  

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Aug 4, 2018 8:59 AM
posted by superman

That's my whole point.  He wants tOSU to prove a negative.  He shoul be held to that standard.  

Yea I know, I was just reiterating. Like his opinion is worth a shit. 

Belly35

Elderly Intellectual

Sat, Aug 4, 2018 11:04 AM

media if you have not never give false or lied to the public stfu

Maybe Urban skewed the truth a little bit in what he knew and what he didn't know but that does not indicate that he had not done what he was supposed to do to report the situation and step back and let the proper authorities handle it when are you going to understand that this is something that Authority should handle and the individual should we take care of their own business and seek help whenever they can and quit putting blame on other people for their problems

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Sat, Aug 4, 2018 11:06 AM

Just quit talking, Belly.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Aug 4, 2018 2:10 PM
posted by Belly35

Maybe Urban skewed the truth a little bit in what he knew and what he didn't know but that does not indicate that he had not done what he was supposed to do to report the situation and step back and let the proper authorities handle it when are you going to understand that this is something that Authority should handle and the individual should we take care of their own business and seek help whenever they can and quit putting blame on other people for their problems

88 words. Not a single period. 

slingshot4ever

Sat, Aug 4, 2018 9:46 PM

I think he knew and told The AD back in 2015, I truly believe that.

But now I'm curious why the fuck he didn't fire Zach back in 2015.  At that point he had first hand knowledge of multiple incidents with respect to domestic violence.  I don't care if charges were filed or not.

Al Bundy

Sat, Aug 4, 2018 11:06 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

But now I'm curious why the fuck he didn't fire Zach back in 2015.  At that point he had first hand knowledge of multiple incidents with respect to domestic violence.  I don't care if charges were filed or not.

Have you not followed Urban's career?

superman

Sun, Aug 5, 2018 9:02 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

I think he knew and told The AD back in 2015, I truly believe that.

The Earle Bruce connection is the only reason I can fathom.

slingshot4ever

Sun, Aug 5, 2018 6:57 PM
posted by Al Bundy

Have you not followed Urban's career?

Not so much at Florida, Utah, or BGSU - but I have with OSU.  He has at a minimum suspended players for less (JT suspension for DUI, Hyde suspension for hitting a girl).

This is far worse than Hyde having an isolated incident at a bar or someone getting their first DUI.  So why no penalty at all?  Just because it hadn't made it to mainstream media for the public to know back in 2015?  Does he fire him if the current situation wasn't brought to attention of the general public?

slingshot4ever

Sun, Aug 5, 2018 7:02 PM
posted by superman

The Earle Bruce connection is the only reason I can fathom.

That's another thing...who gives a shit about Earl Bruce?  He wasn't that great of a coach - a few big ten titles, 5-4 against Michigan, outside of 1st year never a contender nationally.  Slightly above average for OSU.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Aug 5, 2018 7:18 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

That's another thing...who gives a shit about Earl Bruce?  He wasn't that great of a coach - a few big ten titles, 5-4 against Michigan, outside of 1st year never a contender nationally.  Slightly above average for OSU.

Urban Meyer. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Aug 5, 2018 7:22 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

I mean, Urban was an assistant under Bruce in his first collegiate job and considers him a personal mentor, which probably outweighs in his mind how he wasn't successful enough for fans, but yeah... Time for a good, long facepalm now...

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Aug 5, 2018 10:23 PM

Investigation will be complete within 14 days

thavoice

Sun, Aug 5, 2018 11:43 PM

So this, and caring about a tweet from 5-7 yrs ago when some kids were in HS, is what makes news nowadays in the sports world?

Sad, so sad.

If Urban Liar gets fired for this then I hope Michigan signs him and they beat OSU for the next 30 years.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Aug 6, 2018 10:12 AM
posted by Ironman92

Investigation will be complete within 14 days

Dog and pony show imo.  He will probably be suspended a couple games and move on.  

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Aug 6, 2018 10:31 AM
posted by like_that

Dog and pony show imo.  He will probably be suspended a couple games and move on.  

I think so too. This is a way of covering their asses, cause when this is announced, they'll be a shitstorm from all the haters, and they'll be able to say (and rightly so) that they did their due diligence, investigated this thoroughly and not hastily, and came to this conclusion...IMO, if he was guilty of any or all of these charges, his ass would be gone already.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Aug 6, 2018 10:43 AM

I give OSU credit for not reacting to this hysterically like I thought they would have.  They actually seem to want to find out the facts before they do something.  I thought it was going to be a PR-driven decision.  I hope their investigation is real and they allow the facts to speak for themselves.  

I'm not really a Meyer fan, but I hate seeing people crucified without anyone knowing anything factual.  

wkfan

Tue, Aug 7, 2018 9:45 AM

Heard Chris Speilman's opinion this morning....that the investigation will find that Shelley told Urban and Urban told those above him.  No suspension for Urban and he will be back in 7-14 days.