OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Tue, Aug 7, 2018 10:42 AM
posted by wkfan

Heard Chris Speilman's opinion this morning....that the investigation will find that Shelley told Urban and Urban told those above him.  No suspension for Urban and he will be back in 7-14 days.

This, if true, will be good. But the fact that this thing is even happening is ludicrous and you know damn well it will be talked about 3-6 times each game. Gonna be a long fucking year.

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Aug 7, 2018 10:51 AM
posted by j_crazy

This, if true, will be good. But the fact that this thing is even happening is ludicrous and you know damn well it will be talked about 3-6 times each game. Gonna be a long fucking year.

To be honest, I could gaf what these fucktards talk about...the media made this into a much bigger story than it was, and anyone who isn't drinking the OSU haterade knows it...fuck 'em all.

slingshot4ever

Tue, Aug 7, 2018 4:41 PM
posted by Automatik

And who does this fall on? Gene Smith? Let's reinstate Urban and show Smith the door. That would be fantastic.

I don't think anything happens to anyone if everything was escalated appropriately.  Just shows that neither Gene Smith or Urban Meyer have any morals for keeping this guy on the staff as long as they did.

Automatik

Tue, Aug 7, 2018 4:44 PM

So I'm assuming you're on the side that Courtney Smith is blameless in all of this? 

slingshot4ever

Tue, Aug 7, 2018 6:01 PM
posted by Automatik

So I'm assuming you're on the side that Courtney Smith is blameless in all of this? 

No...but tell me why Urban didn't fire him in 2009 or 2015, but decided this 2018 incident broke the camels back.

He only got fired because this story went public.  He would have his job had this stayed hush hush like the previous incidents.

As I posted previously, how does a single offense such as JT DUI or Hyde punching girl warrant suspension, and multiple incidents with this coach result in no repercussions?

superman

Tue, Aug 7, 2018 6:21 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

No...but tell me why Urban didn't fire him in 2009 or 2015, but decided this 2018 incident broke the camels back.

He only got fired because this story went public.  He would have his job had this stayed hush hush like the previous incidents.

As I posted previously, how does a single offense such as JT DUI or Hyde punching girl warrant suspension, and multiple incidents with this coach result in no repercussions?

I know the 2015 incident was just allegations . The incident that got him fired was an actual conviction.  There's the difference. 

slingshot4ever

Tue, Aug 7, 2018 8:28 PM

For violating a protective order.  The fact that the courts granted a protective order to begin with should have resulted in his termination.

slingshot4ever

Tue, Aug 7, 2018 8:30 PM

Also, if you are going to say Irban did nothing since not convicted then why did Hyde get suspended 3 games?  He wasn't charged in his incident.

superman

Tue, Aug 7, 2018 9:36 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Also, if you are going to say Irban did nothing since not convicted then why did Hyde get suspended 3 games?  He wasn't charged in his incident.

Pretty sure there was video evidence with Hyde.

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Aug 8, 2018 8:07 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

I don't think anything happens to anyone if everything was escalated appropriately.  Just shows that neither Gene Smith or Urban Meyer have any morals for keeping this guy on the staff as long as they did.

you're a ND fan, correct?

slingshot4ever

Wed, Aug 8, 2018 11:15 AM
posted by superman

Pretty sure there was video evidence with Hyde.

But again, he wasn't convicted.  The argument was that nothing happened to Zach because he wasn't convicted.

slingshot4ever

Wed, Aug 8, 2018 11:17 AM
posted by vball10set

you're a ND fan, correct?

Absolutely not!

OSU alumni and fan

superman

Wed, Aug 8, 2018 11:52 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

But again, he wasn't convicted.  The argument was that nothing happened to Zach because he wasn't convicted.

So, do you just not understand the difference between blind allegations and a video? I'm confused. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Aug 8, 2018 1:44 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Absolutely not!

OSU alumni and fan

interesting...it's not that all OSU fans need to side with Urban on this, because I know a couple here it town who can't stand the guy--it's just that some of your arguments seem to slant in the opposite direction...sorry, jmo

slingshot4ever

Wed, Aug 8, 2018 9:09 PM
posted by vball10set

interesting...it's not that all OSU fans need to side with Urban on this, because I know a couple here it town who can't stand the guy--it's just that some of your arguments seem to slant in the opposite direction...sorry, jmo

I'm not sure I understand what you mean - how do you my arguments slant in a fashion that makes me a ND fan???

He is shady as fuck.  Purposefully lied to the media when asked hoping he wouldn't get caught.  Should have held him more accountable in the past - video/conviction or not. 

There wasn't video or a conviction of Jerry Sandusky either while he was employed...but I think we would all agree he should have been fired before it even reached that point.

superman

Wed, Aug 8, 2018 9:37 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

I'm not sure I understand what you mean - how do you my arguments slant in a fashion that makes me a ND fan???

He is shady as fuck.  Purposefully lied to the media when asked hoping he wouldn't get caught.  Should have held him more accountable in the past - video/conviction or not. 

There wasn't video or a conviction of Jerry Sandusky either while he was employed...but I think we would all agree he should have been fired before it even reached that point.

The cops should have been called in the Sandusky situation.  Like they were in the Zach Smith situation.  You be really aren't good at this comparison thing. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Aug 8, 2018 9:41 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Please, don’t compare this to Sandusky, Ped State, etc—and purposely lied to the media? looking back, yes he lied—but I don’t think there was any malicious intent to it at all—he was caught off guard, and quite honestly, he panicked...he’s being thoroughly investigated, so whatever happens, happens—deal with it.

slingshot4ever

Thu, Aug 9, 2018 7:50 AM
posted by vball10set

Please, don’t compare this to Sandusky, Ped State, etc—and purposely lied to the media? looking back, yes he lied—but I don’t think there was any malicious intent to it at all—he was caught off guard, and quite honestly, he panicked...he’s being thoroughly investigated, so whatever happens, happens—deal with it.

He was caught off guard about addressing questions related to someone he had fired just two days prior?  Sorry, I'm not buying that - he should have been well prepared.

I never said I wouldnt accept results of investigation.  I also wasn't attempting to argue.  Simply stated an opinion that I think Zach should have been fired a long time ago.

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Aug 9, 2018 8:10 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

Simply stated an opinion that I think Zach should have been fired a long time ago.

Fair enough, and I agree

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Aug 11, 2018 1:59 PM

Uh...so apparently it was Tom Herman who tipped off McMurphy.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Aug 11, 2018 2:19 PM

And now 105.7 The Zone in Columbus is trying to confirm reports that Herman paid Courtney Smith $10k to help with legal fees.