Stupid

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 8:59 PM

Gene Smith suspended Aug 31-Sept 16. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 9:01 PM

So he’s suspended through Sept 2. And then the first 3 games. So he will be around the team at least?

Time to move on. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 9:09 PM
posted by wildcats20

So he’s suspended through Sept 2. And then the first 3 games. So he will be around the team at least?

Time to move on. 

Yes and yes.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 9:09 PM
posted by wildcats20

Yeah, 11W is saying it’s Drake that is holding everything up. Here’s the thing, if the Board wants him reinstated and it’s Drake that is blocking them...they could always just fire Drake. The Board runs the school, not Drake. 

They won’t do that, but it is an option technically. 

Lol what?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 9:14 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Lol what?

The Board of Trustees runs the school. If they don’t like something, they can change it. 

slingshot4ever

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 9:22 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Lol what?

Do you not realize that most presidents report to a board?

SportsAndLady

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 9:22 PM
posted by wildcats20

The Board of Trustees runs the school. If they don’t like something, they can change it. 

You think they would vote to relieve the president of the university of his duties because he wanted urban suspended? Haha come on man..

superman

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 9:25 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

You think they would vote to relieve the president of the university of his duties because he wanted urban suspended? Haha come on man..

If enough fans sign a petition they might. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 9:26 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Yes, if it came down to it. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 9:29 PM

I still don't understand how a coach is responsible for an adult's extra curriculars once he tells his boss to look into it. Does a head football coach not have more on his plate of looking after 100+ kids than to worry about what an asst coach is suspected of doing?

At the end of the day it's Urban's fault for hiring him and not firing him in 2015, but if he told Gene, he should be absolved. 

Urban does NOT want to be at this presser.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 9:30 PM
posted by iclfan2

I still don't understand how a coach is responsible for an adult's extra curriculars once he tells his boss to look into it. Does a head football coach not have more on his plate of looking after 100+ kids than to worry about what an asst coach is suspected of doing?

At the end of the day it's Urban's fault for hiring him and not firing him in 2015, but if he told Gene, he should be absolved. 

He “has” to be. But damn, I would have just told him to go home. He’s gonna have to answer these same questions every single day/week. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 9:42 PM

Yeah urban looked so pissed. Lol

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 9:51 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Yeah urban looked so pissed. Lol

He wanted to punch that asshole from ESPN (the one who asked about Shelley’s texts) in the face so bad you could feel it-lol...the bear has been poked and the rest of the B1G has been put on notice...GO BUCKS!!!

Automatik

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 10:00 PM
posted by iclfan2

All of this. Urban is a dumbass for dealing with this fuckery for so long. He should have cut bait years ago. The Smiths belong in the looney bin.

Also Gene Smith survives again, unreal.

cat_lover

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 10:43 PM

Urban's loyalty and respect for "Old 9 and 3" Earle Bruce came back to bite him in the ass. It would have probably been tough to tell someone that you considered a second father that his grandson was a worthless fuck. Glad this thing is over.

Mulva

Thu, Aug 23, 2018 12:07 AM

A victory for common sense, IMO.

slingshot4ever

Thu, Aug 23, 2018 6:58 AM

Urban never should have hired him at OSU and it was clear in the presser he hid what he knew about Zach from Gene during his hiring process in 2012.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Aug 23, 2018 7:18 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

They just got briefed on the results of the investigation on Monday...what are you talking about???

I know, but the whole thing has been going on for that many weeks and a lot of people predicted this would be the end result. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Aug 23, 2018 7:27 AM

Some of the stuff that came out after the presser don’t exactly paint a pretty picture. 

But it’s done. Time to look to Oregon State. 

ptown_trojans_1

Thu, Aug 23, 2018 7:50 AM

As an alum that wanted to to wait and see what the investigation and board determined, I'm fine with this. It's not too harsh and not too soft. Missing the TCU game is something. I'm sure the Urban haters will not like this. But,  all in all the investigation seems like it was handled the right way and while there was some shady and sad shit that went down, in the end, it was not something that rose to the level of being fired. 

Urban did seem really, really pissed, but he should have known and went above and beyond and not have a soft spot for this guy. 

That all said, time to play football. Let's go. 

SportsAndLady

Thu, Aug 23, 2018 8:27 AM

SJW’s are up in arms because no one mentioned Courtney smith in the press conference until Urban was asked by a reporter and he apologized to buckeye nation. 

I swear people will get upset over anything

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Aug 23, 2018 8:56 AM

Haters will hate. Period. People want to see the big boys fall. Period. Like ptown said--time to play football. Period.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Aug 23, 2018 9:29 AM
posted by vball10set

Haters will hate. Period. People want to see the big boys fall. Period. Like ptown said--time to play football. Period.

When you promote your program and go all-in on being a major football power (i.e. spend the money, hire the biggest name coaches, hawk merchandise everywhere), you then play in the world of media scrutiny, political correctness, being judged on accusations as opposed to proven events, etc).  I feel absolutely no sympathy for a man that pulls down $7+ million annually to coach in this environment when this environment comes back to bite him in the ass.  No sympathy for OSU either- the school would sell the dirt off the ground if it thought it could make its "brand' bigger.

Ohio State made it's bed.