OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:36 AM
posted by iclfan2

I heard on the radio today that someone else was fired for Title IX but sued and won because they weren't a student. I'm not sure if the language of the rules deals with employees of the university or not, just passing along what I heard.

I believe Urban’s contract says anyone related to the university. Or whatever he exact language is. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:39 AM
posted by wildcats20

I believe Urban’s contract says anyone related to the university. Or whatever he exact language is. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:45 AM
posted by wildcats20

Well there you go.

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:49 AM

"any known violations"? He may have known what someone claimed, which isn't remotely the same thing.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:51 AM
posted by FatHobbit

Imagine 2 scenarios.

1.Tomorrow there is no more media. Does anyone still go or watch football? 

2. Tomorrow there is no more football. Does anyone still watch or listen to the media? 

1.Yes they do, but not enough go to pay schools tens of millions of dollars. It would make the sport considerably smaller than it is today.

2.Do they watch or listen to the media in general even though there is no football?  Of course. I'm not sure what you are asking here. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:55 AM
posted by FatHobbit

Until I hear that Coach Meyer covered up something the police did not know, I'm not sure how this is on his shoulders. 

From a legal perspective, I completely agree with you.  Unfortunately in this case, the public perception of the school will be the driving force behind the decision ultimately.  The school already fired a good and decent coach because he didn't admit to players getting free tattoos.  Meyer has always been pretty outspoken about doing the right things and how coaches who don't should be fired.  

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 12:01 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

From a legal perspective, I completely agree with you.  Unfortunately in this case, the public perception of the school will be the driving force behind the decision ultimately.  The school already fired a good and decent coach because he didn't admit to players getting free tattoos.  Meyer has always been pretty outspoken about doing the right things and how coaches who don't should be fired.  

They fired Tress because he broke NCAA rules and caused the football program to have sanctions. The NCAA won’t get involved in this. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 12:39 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Meh. Definition of shock value right there. Of course he’s an intense dude, almost all college football coaches are. 

The minute I saw Project Veritas, I realized I didn't care what was being said or shown.

Classyposter58

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 2:51 PM

This McMurphy is an asshat with no evidence really at all. Plus no charges were filed! This feels like Hoosiers were Coach Dale is at the town hall meeting and the media is the town

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 2:58 PM
posted by Classyposter58

This McMurphy is an asshat with no evidence really at all. Plus no charges were filed! This feels like Hoosiers were Coach Dale is at the town hall meeting and the media is the town

This literally has nothing to do with the actual domestic abuse. It’s 100% about whether Urban knew or not. And if he did, did he tell his superiors? 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 3:05 PM
posted by wildcats20

This literally has nothing to do with the actual domestic abuse. It’s 100% about whether Urban knew or not. And if he did, did he tell his superiors? 

But but but! (Insert random, irrelevant basketball movie comparison)

/classy’d 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 3:38 PM
posted by Classyposter58

No charges filed. What a dumb thing to hide behind. Abused people often don’t end up filing charges because they are pressured not too. Which, it seems could very likely be the case here...from members of Urbans staff. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 3:48 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

But but but! (Insert random, irrelevant basketball movie comparison)

/classy’d 

I'm just shocked neither Detroit nor Bowling Green weren't mentioned. IT'S A DIFFERENT IRRELEVANT COMPARISON!!!!!

Classyposter58

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 4:54 PM
posted by wildcats20

That’s what I’m saying. There is no evidence he knew

Automatik

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 5:01 PM

The more "insider info" I read, the more I'm seeing that Courtney Smith is totally batshit crazy.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 7:12 PM

Hesitant to share this, but apparently it was posted on Bucknuts. 

Classyposter58

Fri, Aug 3, 2018 2:30 AM

Shit is so stupid. I don’t get how you fire Urban Meyer for this. If I go home, hit my girlfriend and she texts my boss’s wife about this and he doesn’t fire me then he should be canned?

FatHobbit

Fri, Aug 3, 2018 3:24 AM
posted by Laley23

No charges filed. What a dumb thing to hide behind.

If the police investigate and find nothing I don't expect the coach to investigate further

Abused people often don’t end up filing charges because they are pressured not too. Which, it seems could very likely be the case here...from members of Urbans staff. 

If (and only if) the staff pressured her to be quiet then I think heads should definitely roll. 

FatHobbit

Fri, Aug 3, 2018 3:26 AM

Also, if it comes out that the staff didn't pressure her to stay quiet, I hope Coach Meyer sues the shit out of this reporter for starting a story that was complete bullshit. 

Al Bundy

Fri, Aug 3, 2018 7:20 AM
posted by Classyposter58

Shit is so stupid. I don’t get how you fire Urban Meyer for this. If I go home, hit my girlfriend and she texts my boss’s wife about this and he doesn’t fire me then he should be canned?

You have a girlfriend? What kind of self-esteem issues does that poor girl have?

BR1986FB

Fri, Aug 3, 2018 7:49 AM
posted by Automatik

The more "insider info" I read, the more I'm seeing that Courtney Smith is totally batshit crazy.

This what I've heard a lot of too. Never an excuse to beat a woman but it sounds like there a quite a few "boy who cried wolf" instances with her.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Aug 3, 2018 7:52 AM
posted by Classyposter58

You don’t get it. Just leave the conversation. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Aug 3, 2018 8:50 AM
posted by wildcats20

You don’t get it. Just leave the conversation. 

He probably thinks Joe Paterno should've gotten a pass too. Both heinous acts and if both coaches were aware (Paterno apparently was) they should be canned.