OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

FatHobbit

Fri, Apr 20, 2018 3:21 PM

I had no clue as a fan when Earle was there. But I always thought he was classy and a great Buckeye when I heard him speak. He had great enthusiasmfor Ohio State. RIP Earle 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 2:00 PM

Not a huge shock, and not really a blow to the team, but RB Antonio Williams is transferring to UNC. 

Good get for Fedora and Co in Chapel Hill though. Should be able to produce when he becomes eligible. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Apr 24, 2018 6:19 PM
posted by wildcats20

Not a huge shock, and not really a blow to the team, but RB Antonio Williams is transferring ...

...Joe Burrow will be next 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Apr 24, 2018 6:53 PM
posted by vball10set

...Joe Burrow will be next 

Yup, have to agree there. And good on him. I hope he goes somewhere and lights it up. Unless it’s Nebraska lol. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Apr 26, 2018 3:31 PM

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/buck-i-guy-showed-up-to-osu-legend-earle-bruces-memorial-service-in-full-costume-and-turns-out-that-wasnt-the-best-idea

In news that should be a surprise to no one, one of OSU's self-proclaimed super-fans was even more of a POS than usual, showing up to Earle Bruce's memorial ceremony late, in full costume and autographed a poster that was for ex coaches and players to sign for the Bruce family.

ppaw1999

Thu, May 3, 2018 1:52 PM

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-tens-quarterbacks-2018

Interesting article on ranking the Big 10 qbs. I am surprised how low they project the Buckeyes qbs. Hopefully it should be a better year overall for quarterbacks in the Big 10 this year. Tanner Lee from Nebraska was the only Big 10 quarterback drafted this year and that wasn't until the 6th round. J T Barrett couldn't even get an undrafted free agent offer, only a try out offer.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, May 3, 2018 1:54 PM
posted by ppaw1999

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-tens-quarterbacks-2018

Interesting article on ranking the Big 10 qbs. I am surprised how low they project the Buckeyes qbs. Hopefully it should be a better year overall for quarterbacks in the Big 10 this year. Tanner Lee from Nebraska was the only Big 10 quarterback drafted this year and that wasn't until the 6th round. J T Barrett couldn't even get an undrafted free agent offer, only a try out offer.

JT Barrett signed a 3 year deal with the Saints. It wasn’t a tryout offer. 

ppaw1999

Thu, May 3, 2018 2:24 PM
posted by wildcats20

JT Barrett signed a 3 year deal with the Saints. It wasn’t a tryout offer. 

My bad. The last I heard was a tryout with the Colts. Good for him and I wish him luck.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, May 3, 2018 2:42 PM
posted by ppaw1999

My bad. The last I heard was a tryout with the Colts. Good for him and I wish him luck.

Originally that was the plan, then before it ever happened, the Saints signed him. 

19AL63

Mon, May 7, 2018 11:52 AM

Maybe they think he could be turned into a  something  other than a QB because a QB he is not.

thavoice

Mon, May 7, 2018 3:41 PM
posted by 19AL63

Maybe they think he could be turned into a  something  other than a QB because a QB he is not.

Such as?  I don't see his skill set translating to any other position 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, May 8, 2018 12:11 PM
posted by vball10set

I’m assuming this is the Joe Burrow tweet? It’s just showing as a little box for me lol

To no one’s real surprise, Joe is leaving OSU.

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, May 8, 2018 12:12 PM
posted by wildcats20

I’m assuming this is the Joe Burrow tweet? It’s just showing as a little box for me lol

To no one’s real surprise, Joe is leaving OSU.

lol, yes it is

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, May 8, 2018 12:13 PM

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 8, 2018 12:20 PM

That’s a bummer but can’t blame him. He would never see the field in his collegiate career (outside of cleanup). 

FatHobbit

Tue, May 8, 2018 1:10 PM

I wonder if that is because they told him Haskins is the starter or because he graduated and a decision hadn't been made?

I wish him well wherever he goes as long as it's not Michigan. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, May 8, 2018 1:52 PM
posted by FatHobbit

I wonder if that is because they told him Haskins is the starter or because he graduated and a decision hadn't been made?

I wish him well wherever he goes as long as it's not Michigan. 

strictly my opinion, but I say he'll end up at either Ohio U or Nebraska

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 8, 2018 2:12 PM
posted by vball10set

Be sweet if he ended up at OU, but he has pro potential, so he should definitely look at a bigger program than OU. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, May 8, 2018 2:14 PM
posted by vball10set

This

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, May 8, 2018 2:37 PM

There is no doubt, IMO, that Urban had already told Burrow that he wasn’t going to be the starter. 

SportsAndLady

Tue, May 8, 2018 2:40 PM

I bet he ends up at Florida. Seeing a lot of rumors saying it’s UF.