OSU Football 2018

Home Forums Sports

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 8:56 PM

Day was named interim coach. But I won’t be surprised if they try and get one of the flashy guys. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 9:19 PM
posted by wildcats20

Which means he will be fired in a couple weeks. 

In most cases yes, but not this time.

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 9:22 PM
posted by wildcats20

Honestly, I don’t think Urban makes it through this. If for no other reason than the public outcry for his head on a platter. 

Fuck the public outcry, he’ll make it through this—and btw, did Courtney Smith get paid for her interview?

Classyposter58

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 9:43 PM

Yeah I don’t think he gets canned either. Seems like no one told Urban so that Smith wouldn’t get fired. What a strange situation either way

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 9:49 PM

But there are texts saying Urban knew?

As for who takes over if needed...I’d guess they go after Matt Campbell. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 9:53 PM

I don’t think Urban makes it through this. If they fired Tressel for the tattoo/gear lying, it’s going to be very hard for them to overlook this. I just read about a provision they stuck into his new contract this year that states he must report any abuse by team or staff. Shelley not telling him doesn’t pass the smell test. 

This is may not be a popular opinion, but this is karma coming back to Ohio State for how they never stuck up for Tressel. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 2:32 AM
posted by Laley23

But there are texts saying Urban knew?

As for who takes over if needed...I’d guess they go after Matt Campbell. 

Do the texts say he knew? I mean, it still comes down to if you believe his wife never said anything to him after being extremely sympathetic to Smith's wife in text (which would be pure-ass sociopath shit), but I don't think I've seen a legit "he knew" bit of proof as of yet. It doesn't look good regardless and this year is going to be really unbearable one way or the other with either a playoff-potential team losing its elite-tier coach right before the season (along with probably a few of those high-tier recruits that have been committing) OR every damn national station playing the "WINS > MORALITY" card on a regular basis while playing the hyperbole card to compare this to Penn State or Baylor.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 7:51 AM
posted by vball10set

Fuck the public outcry, he’ll make it through this—and btw, did Courtney Smith get paid for her interview?

I think you are severely underestimating the offended mob.  Whether you agree or not (in most cases I don't) have taken down a lot of people.  Hell, Tennessee rescinded their offer to Schiano, because of the mob.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 8:40 AM
posted by Heretic

Do the texts say he knew? I mean, it still comes down to if you believe his wife never said anything to him after being extremely sympathetic to Smith's wife in text (which would be pure-ass sociopath shit), but I don't think I've seen a legit "he knew" bit of proof as of yet. It doesn't look good regardless and this year is going to be really unbearable one way or the other with either a playoff-potential team losing its elite-tier coach right before the season (along with probably a few of those high-tier recruits that have been committing) OR every damn national station playing the "WINS > MORALITY" card on a regular basis while playing the hyperbole card to compare this to Penn State or Baylor.

Nothing specific to his phone, but:

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 8:41 AM

And if they decide he knew, I think it violates his contract with Title IX, which would be an automatic termination I’d have to believe. 

superman

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 8:57 AM

If they find enough to fire Urban, Gene Smith needs to go also. How much shit had happened under his watch?  

SportsAndLady

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 9:25 AM
posted by vball10set

and btw, did Courtney Smith get paid for her interview?

Im not in the SJW crowd, but putting any blame on the victim here seems like a really bad look for you. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 9:49 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Im not in the SJW crowd, but putting any blame on the victim here seems like a really bad look for you. 

Putting the blame on the victim? I just asked the question is all...and btw, you don't know me, so please don't try and judge me, as you have no fucking idea what my history is, or stance is, regarding domestic abuse. If you did, you wouldn't make such an asinine statement (and yes, you hit a nerve, so jimmies are definitely ruffled).

Automatik

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 9:51 AM
posted by superman

If they find enough to fire Urban, Gene Smith needs to go also. How much shit had happened under his watch?  

ALL OF THIS.

He should have been shown the door the same day as Tressel. 

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 10:08 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Even though there's a lot of evidence indicating that she was not totally truthful about any of the specific incidents being discussed?

SportsAndLady

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 10:26 AM
posted by vball10set

Putting the blame on the victim? I just asked the question is all...and btw, you don't know me, so please don't try and judge me, as you have no fucking idea what my history is, or stance is, regarding domestic abuse. If you did, you wouldn't make such an asinine statement (and yes, you hit a nerve, so jimmies are definitely ruffled).

Woah. Lol didn’t mean to strike a cord and I wasn’t judging you. Just that it seems silly to ask how much she got paid to do an interview, obviously insinuating there could be some fault on her telling her story. 

SportsAndLady

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 10:27 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Even though there's a lot of evidence indicating that she was not totally truthful about any of the specific incidents being discussed?

What is this evidence of her not being truthful? I’d like to hear them. 

FatHobbit

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 10:41 AM
posted by wildcats20

So here’s what I don’t really get..

Let’s all pretend that Urban knew. Hasn’t it already been reported that the school/proper authorities were notified? So there really isn’t an issue. Other than keeping an alleged spouse abuser on his staff. 

So far, other than maybe lying to the media, I don't see where this has been covered up. Maybe more details will come out or the mob will get him, but I'm not sure why Urban should be fired if no charges were pressed and nobody was found guilty. 

I do find it hilarious how the media acts like he's under some kind of oath to them and they think he should go because he might have lied to them. The OUTRAGE! 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 10:46 AM
posted by wildcats20

So here’s what I don’t really get..

Let’s all pretend that Urban knew. Hasn’t it already been reported that the school/proper authorities were notified? So there really isn’t an issue. Other than keeping an alleged spouse abuser on his staff. 

posted by FatHobbit

So far, other than maybe lying to the media, I don't see where this has been covered up. Maybe more details will come out or the mob will get him, but I'm not sure why Urban should be fired if no charges were pressed and nobody was found guilty. 

I do find it hilarious how the media acts like he's under some kind of oath to them and they think he should go because he might have lied to them. The OUTRAGE! 

Kind of my thoughts too

SportsAndLady

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 10:48 AM

I’m 100% on board with keeping urban. And if I’m Urban and they fire me, I’m suing the shit out of them—and winning a ton of money. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 10:59 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I’m 100% on board with keeping urban. And if I’m Urban and they fire me, I’m suing the shit out of them—and winning a ton of money. 

If he didn’t report it, they have cause to fire him. It’s written in his contract. And added in the last few years too. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:04 AM

Ohio State took the holier-than-thou route a long time ago.  The school put itself into a position where - I believe - it will have to fire Meyer in order to avoid being complete hypocrites.  

It's funny to me how people get upset about the media creating drama like this.  It is the media and accompanying exposure it brings that makes college football the multi-billion dollar enterprise it is. If you feed at that trough, you can't be upset when get a little shit in your slop.

FatHobbit

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:23 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

It's funny to me how people get upset about the media creating drama like this.  It is the media and accompanying exposure it brings that makes college football the multi-billion dollar enterprise it is. If you feed at that trough, you can't be upset when get a little shit in your slop.

Imagine 2 scenarios.

1.Tomorrow there is no more media. Does anyone still go or watch football? 

2. Tomorrow there is no more football. Does anyone still watch or listen to the media? 

FatHobbit

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:26 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Ohio State took the holier-than-thou route a long time ago.  The school put itself into a position where - I believe - it will have to fire Meyer in order to avoid being complete hypocrites.  

Until I hear that Coach Meyer covered up something the police did not know, I'm not sure how this is on his shoulders. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 2, 2018 11:33 AM
posted by wildcats20

If he didn’t report it, they have cause to fire him. It’s written in his contract. And added in the last few years too. 

I heard on the radio today that someone else was fired for Title IX but sued and won because they weren't a student. I'm not sure if the language of the rules deals with employees of the university or not, just passing along what I heard.