NBA 2017-2018

Home Forums Sports

Iliketurtles

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 12:25 PM
posted by Laley23

Mitchel. With full disclosure that Simmons has been better this year. But he isn’t a rookie and I hate that players qualify for that award like this. Griffin is another, and Embiid when he finally got in the court.

This 100%

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 9:32 PM

Russ got his 16 boards and has now average a triple double in back to back seasons. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 9:35 PM

Minnesota - Denver isn’t disappointing. Also Nokic is having a great game 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 9:37 PM

Russ holy crap lol. 17 rebounds with 6 min left in the 3rd, 14 assists and only has taken 3 shots

superman

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 10:19 PM

The Supersonics have won a playoff series more recently than the Timberwolves according to my resident statistician. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 10:38 PM

20 reb and 19 ast

friendfromlowry

Wed, Apr 11, 2018 10:45 PM

Denver misses out on playoffs by one game for second straight year. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Apr 12, 2018 1:04 AM

1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards

(2) Celtics vs (7) Bucks

(3) 76ers vs (6) Heat

(4) Cavs vs (5) Pacers 

Raptors and Cavs in 5. Wouldn't be suprised if 76ers swept and Celtics actually lose the series.

(1) Rockets vs (8) TWolves

(2) Warriors vs (7) Spurs

(3) Blazers vs (6) Pelicans

(4) Thunder vs (5) Jazz

Not sure what kind of challenge the Spurs can offer the Warriors? I think the Rockets sweep. As for the other two series IMO they're going to be great, entertaining games and I have no idea who will win. Give me Jazz and Blazers. Would have been really interesting if Kawhi and Boogie weren't out for the season. 

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 12, 2018 7:12 AM

I’ll say wizards will beat the raptors in 7 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Apr 12, 2018 8:31 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I’ll say wizards will beat the raptors in 7 

I was about to post this bold take, but I guess I am not the only one.  You can quote me to laugh at me when I am completely wrong, but I think the Wiz take the series, especially if Wall is feeling healthy.

Wall/Beal > Derozan/Lowry imo.   It feels just like last year's 1 v 8 matchup, where the 8th seed had the best player on the court.  The bulls win that series if Rondo doesn't go down. 

Overall prediction:  Cavs/Warriors round 4 with Warriors winning again.

thavoice

Thu, Apr 12, 2018 12:11 PM

Cavs Rockets in the finals.  No one in the East can compete and GSW just won't be able to flip the switch.

I can see tho Cavs winning it all with a good game plan to slow down the 3 ball feom Houston.

However if GSW makes it I think they get past cleveland.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Apr 14, 2018 3:04 PM

Come on Spurs 

SportsAndLady

Sat, Apr 14, 2018 3:16 PM

Warriors/Spurs and Tottenham/Man City...with Reds on too. Great day for sitting my ass on the couch!

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Apr 14, 2018 3:41 PM
posted by thavoice

Cavs Rockets in the finals.  No one in the East can compete and GSW just won't be able to flip the switch.

I can see tho Cavs winning it all with a good game plan to slow down the 3 ball feom Houston.

However if GSW makes it I think they get past cleveland.

GSW can’t flip the switch, but the Cavs can??

friendfromlowry

Sat, Apr 14, 2018 4:00 PM

I’d think the Warriors are much more likely to flip the switch, but both teams likely will.

Spurs getting blown so far. Wouldn’t it figure. 

SportsAndLady

Sat, Apr 14, 2018 4:23 PM

The warriors are basically the same team as last year, when everyone at the end of the playoffs said they were way too good for anyone to even compete with, let alone beat. They were very obviously resting during the regular season and didn’t care too much about breaking regular season records anymore.  How anyone could see a few regular season losses by them and say they were vulnerable in the playoffs is beyond me. 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Apr 14, 2018 7:25 PM

I see you Washington

superman

Sat, Apr 14, 2018 7:47 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

The warriors are basically the same team as last year, when everyone at the end of the playoffs said they were way too good for anyone to even compete with, let alone beat. They were very obviously resting during the regular season and didn’t care too much about breaking regular season records anymore.  How anyone could see a few regular season losses by them and say they were vulnerable in the playoffs is beyond me. 

I agree unless Steph's injury is worse than they are letting on. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Apr 14, 2018 10:31 PM

Sixers didn’t mess around in game 1

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Apr 14, 2018 11:47 PM

GSW are definitely vulnerable if Steph is out (doesn’t look like that will be the case past RD1) or injured. Houston would be favored, and there are quite a few others I think could beat them.

This isn’t coasting (KD and Klay, maybe). Draynond and the bench are having much, much worse years than previous.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Apr 15, 2018 12:40 AM

If markelle fultz is even decent, philly will be very very good for the next 10 years. Ben Simmons is a monster. 

friendfromlowry

Sun, Apr 15, 2018 12:58 AM

Lillard and McCollum had themselves a trash game. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Apr 15, 2018 3:39 PM

Celtics/Bucks game is wild. How the fuck did Middleton make that

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Apr 15, 2018 3:41 PM

That was the longest 1/2 second ever. Great shot. 

Probably going to be the best first round series. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 15, 2018 7:11 PM

That Westbrook turn around kiss off the glass was silly