Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 6, 2017 7:29 AM

Beal goes for 51

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Dec 6, 2017 12:17 PM

Crazy, off a back to back too? And John Wall is out.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Dec 6, 2017 8:47 PM

So I heard a crazy statistic today and perhaps it'd support whoever (S&L?) said Tibbs may not be that great of a coach. If you look at the MPG, Minnesota has FOUR players in the top 30. Wiggins and Butler are in the top 7. No one else besides New Orleans has more than two players in the top 40. 

Interesting to think about those Bulls teams from 2013-2015 and how Rose, Noah, Gibson, Deng all have been plagued by injuries since playing then.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 6, 2017 9:27 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

So I heard a crazy statistic today and perhaps it'd support whoever (S&L?) said Tibbs may not be that great of a coach. If you look at the MPG, Minnesota has FOUR players in the top 30. Wiggins and Butler are in the top 7. No one else besides New Orleans has more than two players in the top 40. 

Interesting to think about those Bulls teams from 2013-2015 and how Rose, Noah, Gibson, Deng all have been plagued by injuries since playing then.

Not sure there is a great correlation though. Did those Bulls players average crazy minutes compared to other top players. Players in 70’s-90’s not play that many minutes?

friendfromlowry

Wed, Dec 6, 2017 9:32 PM
posted by Ironman92

Not sure there is a great correlation though. Did those Bulls players average crazy minutes compared to other top players. Players in 70’s-90’s not play that many minutes?

The Bulls thing I meant just as FWIW. However, looking up the 2014 MPG, Butler ties for first, Noah tied for 24th, Deng at 28th. Not that impressive as Portland had three in the top 20 (Lillard, Aldridge, Batum). 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Dec 9, 2017 3:33 AM

Oladipo improved player of the year? 

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Dec 9, 2017 9:30 AM

Oladipo improved player of the year? 

This seems like the only choice right now, but lots of basketball left.

Classyposter58

Sat, Dec 9, 2017 3:46 PM

Little rant here but the Pistons ticket prices are absolute shit. While lower bowl seats are less by about $10 than the Cavs, the get in the door price is $4 more in Detroit and similar across the upper the deck whine comparing Cavs and Sixers against Celtics vs Pistons tomorrow. Stinks that they have a playoff team this season, but continually play in an empty arena because  the prices are similar to a team who has the best player in the world and has made 3 straight finals. Would love to go tomorrow to see them play Boston but not thrilled to throw down $80 a seat to sit on the edge of the lower bowl

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 9, 2017 4:24 PM

If you wanna go...go. If price isn’t worth it to you...stay home. I’ve never bought a ticket that seemed a little steep to something I really wanted to attend that ended up not being more than well worth it after the even.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Dec 9, 2017 6:05 PM

Or at least don't get online to whine about $80 dollar tickets. Damn!

Classyposter58

Sat, Dec 9, 2017 7:11 PM
posted by Ironman92

If you wanna go...go. If price isn’t worth it to you...stay home. I’ve never bought a ticket that seemed a little steep to something I really wanted to attend that ended up not being more than well worth it after the even.

Agreed just seems obvious reading message boards that it's keeping fans away. Probably just going to scalp some tickets tomorrow for the game

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 9, 2017 9:18 PM

Just go and enjoy. Not like you have a wife, 2 kids in college. Enjoy

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 11:42 AM

classy making excuses for Detroit's terrible fans..what's new?

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 11, 2017 12:11 AM

Oladipo 47

He’s having a crazy good year offensively

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Dec 11, 2017 2:41 PM

It's a BRAND NEW STADIUM in downtown Detroit. Prices don't seem out of whack. If it was a shitty stadium 25 years old, you reflect the team. For a new stadium, no matter how good or bad (and Pistons are a playoff team lololol) prices will be high. Good fans go regardless.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 11, 2017 9:24 PM

All-Star game defense going on in Rockets/Pelicans game. At the half it’s 78-76 with Pelicans having 3 players at 19+ points while Harden has 14 assists

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Dec 11, 2017 9:51 PM
posted by Ironman92

All-Star game defense going on in Rockets/Pelicans game. At the half it’s 78-76 with Pelicans having 3 players at 19+ points while Harden has 14 assists

That is astonishing.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 11, 2017 10:19 PM

Pelicans scored 123 points but their bench only accounted for a total of 3 points and only totaled 42 min. Insane insane

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Dec 11, 2017 11:18 PM
posted by Ironman92

Pelicans scored 123 points but their bench only accounted for a total of 3 points and only totaled 42 min. Insane insane

That has to be a record of some kind.

Currently watching GSW TBers. Trailblazers are winning on the boards but can't hit a shot. Results are what you'd imagine.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 11, 2017 11:27 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

That has to be a record of some kind.

Currently watching GSW TBers. Trailblazers are winning on the boards but can't hit a shot. Results are what you'd imagine.

Just glancing thru total bench minutes tonight everyone else between 70-130 min

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Dec 12, 2017 1:08 PM

In non-NBA pro ball, we all need to pity the poor country of Lithuania, for they should have the Ball family inflicted upon them. Unless they throw Lavar into a gulag for criticizing how his boys are being handled, in which case, we can celebrate their greatness!

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 8:36 PM

Russ going to have one of those shitty shooting 14/19/15 games

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 9:19 PM

WTH? How did the refs change that charge call? That was maybe the most obvious charge call all season....then they changed it to gift the Pacers

friendfromlowry

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 11:53 PM

Having a kid isn't coinciding well with catching many good games. Her bedtime process is going on while the early games end so when she's finally asleep and I turn on league pass I'm usually left with the fucking Suns or Kings. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 14, 2017 7:45 AM

Having a kid isn't coinciding well with catching many good games. Her bedtime process is going on while the early games end so when she's finally asleep and I turn on league pass I'm usually left with the fucking Suns or Kings. 

Yeah, that means to just go to bed.