NBA 2017-2018

Home Forums Sports

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 11:16 AM
posted by Laley23

I don’t really get this move from Detroit. I guess they are trying to bring in a star to the new downtown arena, which I can understand. But don’t think this makes them better at all and mortgages some of the future.

Definitley doesn't make them better, but it does bring some excitement. I bet the Pistons and their fans will not be fans of this trade yr 3-4 when they're paying Blake a ton of $$$ and he's not playing and they haven't been better than a 6 seed.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 11:22 AM
posted by Laley23

I don’t really get this move from Detroit. I guess they are trying to bring in a star to the new downtown arena, which I can understand. But don’t think this makes them better at all and mortgages some of the future.

They decided this is the year they needed to go all-in to grab that eighth seed with gusto!

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 12:33 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Definitley doesn't make them better, but it does bring some excitement. I bet the Pistons and their fans will not be fans of this trade yr 3-4 when they're paying Blake a ton of $$$ and he's not playing and they haven't been better than a 6 seed.

Did I hear correctly he’d be making $37 and $39 million each year in a couple years?

friendfromlowry

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 12:47 PM
posted by Ironman92

Did I hear correctly he’d be making $37 and $39 million each year in a couple years?

Correct.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 10:25 PM

Harden goes 60/11/10

5/14 on 3’s but 17/18 ft

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 10:27 PM

Crazy how big NBA guys are. Had Kevin Garnett on the set with Ryan Howard and some of the angles made Howard  look like Kevin Hart 

thavoice

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 10:59 PM

If some way the Cavs could get Kyrie Irving I think they clearly would be the frontrunner in the East

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 5:08 PM

Didn’t realize McCollum scored 50 and didn’t even play in the 4th

friendfromlowry

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 9:29 PM

Blake Grifin with 24/10 and the debut Pistons win 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 9:41 PM

So I'll never understand this. Toronto inbounding the ball down three with 2.7 seconds left. They have to go length of the floor. Rather than keep someone back they send everyone down the court and the 3/4 court pass is easily stolen and game over. What are the chances you can throw a 3/4 court pass that's caught cleanly and able to get off a good look. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 10:53 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

So I'll never understand this. Toronto inbounding the ball down three with 2.7 seconds left. They have to go length of the floor. Rather than keep someone back they send everyone down the court and the 3/4 court pass is easily stolen and game over. What are the chances you can throw a 3/4 court pass that's caught cleanly and able to get off a good look. 

Dumb with 2.7....I’d rather a guard shoot a 40 foot shot

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Feb 2, 2018 11:10 PM

Donovan Donovan Donovan...damn

SportsAndLady

Sat, Feb 3, 2018 10:55 AM

Isaiah Canaan..do not watch

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 5, 2018 10:38 PM

Kings 4/20 in first qtr lol and 1/10 from 3

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 11:17 AM

That's brutal. lol what about Buddy Hield, the Cousins replacement?

sportswizuhrd

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 4:42 PM
posted by Ironman92

Kings 4/20 in first qtr lol and 1/10 from 3

Down 28-9 at the end of the 1st. Then ended up winning. RoLo went off on a ref and got ejected, having to be restrained by coaches and teammates. This seem to be when the game turned around in the Kings favor. The Bulls were already without Markkanen and losing Lopez didn't help at all. In the end though, the Bulls were the one that actually won because they are in full rebuild/tank mode and losses against bad teams only help. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 7:57 PM

If the Bulls actually won then I lost because for some reason I like watching the Kings. I catch a lot of their games which are typically losses so it sucks when I miss an impressive, come-from-behind win. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 11:02 PM

Porzingis out with torn ACL

sportswizuhrd

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 11:26 PM

4th player from LeBron's team that he drafted for the ASG, Love, Wall, Boogie and now Porzingis. Wonder who's next. 

Here's hoping that Porzingis can bounce back next season, really like his game.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Feb 7, 2018 1:15 AM

When Paul George is playing like he was 4 years ago, OKC are very good. He has been on a tear recently. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Feb 8, 2018 12:39 AM

Cavs - TWolves may have been game of the season. Only appropriate the second game of the double header was San Antonio winning by 50 or whatever it will be.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Feb 8, 2018 7:10 AM
posted by Laley23

When Paul George is playing like he was 4 years ago, OKC are very good. He has been on a tear recently. 

I figured he would finally find his way with OKC.  So many hot take idiots in the NBA calling for PG to get traded early in the season. 

thavoice

Fri, Feb 9, 2018 7:41 PM

I think with the Lakers clearing this much room for this upcoming off-season shows that LeBron has given magic his word he is coming to the Lakers this offseason.  

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Feb 12, 2018 7:26 PM

Print the shirts!!

friendfromlowry

Mon, Feb 12, 2018 8:39 PM

I’m watching the game on league pass and can’t believe how empty it is.